FarmerFixEmUp

Nice 1066 on Auction Time

I know you guys hate these cabs (some of you anyway) but this is a sharp looking 1066 with a white Deluxe cab. 

Sold for $13800!!

1973 INTERNATIONAL 1066 at AuctionTime.com

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auctions/online/164225669/1973-international-1066?&AuctionEnded=1

• Like 5

If I had that I’d get the right weights for it .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m partial to the white cab as dad & grampa had a 1066 Hydro that I spent lots hours in. They looked good all dualled up like that too.👍👍

• Like 1

That is shape. Like the cab and dualed up.

The Auction Time description says 3404 hours. Suppose that's actual hours? I know it's probably been painted but about a year and a half ago I got one out of Kansas too. Looks awful but it supposedly had 2800 hours on tit. The seller's dad bought it new and swore them to be correct. Hadn't seen a shed for some time. Wonder if this one was in the same condition? 

I'm slowly getting mine fixed up. Putting a cab kit in it and hopefully will get it painted soon. 

I'd be happy if it looks like the one that sold today at some point. 

This is the one I got. 

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/watchlist/auction-results/online/?mode=purchased

• Like 4

(And I remember you having mixed emotions about that.  Feels better seeing this one at That price don't it). Makes me feel better.

Both  look great.

and looks like working AC (potentially anyway) on the white cab too.   Our white cab didn't have it, so now it has a red cab to better match these. White cab sold in about an hour on craigslist, as the Heat and the radio worked.image.thumb.jpg.4c62552bb0ba6d014740eb04e982ab08.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.94deb7a7e1dfbbdb1543bd375aa70842.jpg

• Like 5

If I were going to run one I would prefer a black stripe because of the better three point lift arms but, for looks, the white cab 66 series is one of the best looking tractors ever.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jworley said:

If I were going to run one I would prefer a black stripe because of the better three point lift arms but, for looks, the white cab 66 series is one of the best looking tractors 

What makes the black stripe 3pt hitch better.I have and had multiple 10s,14s with no issues.I had a couple 1086s,I didn't see where they had a huge advantage but maybe I am wrong.

On 12/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, FarmerFixEmUp said:

I know you guys hate these cabs (some of you anyway) but this is a sharp looking 1066 with a white Deluxe cab. 

Sold for $13800!!

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auctions/online/164225669/1973-international-1066?&AuctionEnded=1

I love that cab

• Like 1

That white cab 1066 is near enough a twin to the 1066 we had from the early 90’s to mid ‘00s.  Ours was not as nice and not as original nor did it have the tilt steering this one has.  No AC either.

2 hours ago, Jacka said:

What makes the black stripe 3pt hitch better.I have and had multiple 10s,14s with no issues.I had a couple 1086s,I didn't see where they had a huge advantage but maybe I am wrong.

The black stripe tractors had square lift linkages with a heavy wire sort of lock on them that adjusted in the middle like the 86s and 88s. The earlier tractors had round linkages with an adjustment handle on top. The threads in them were prone to wear under heavy 3pt hitch usage. And the earlier ones had that weird drawbar, the black stripe was like the 86s and 88s. 

I would also prefer the swing up/down sway blocks that became available on the 86s that went all the way through the 7-8000 series Magnums.

No big deal, just my preference.

top-1086

bottom-1066

C136BEF4-E79A-4A9D-A982-72182D3C1BD2.jpeg

CCDDE64F-1062-4D90-85E9-69ABE36E58EF.jpeg

4 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I prefer the black stripe, but could be just how it goes against black filters and tires.  I like them all. 

I like em all too. I rode many an hour on a black stripe 10 with a cab. It would make a 4430 look like it was sitting still.

5 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I know nothing about a 4430.....other than we couldn't afford to farm with one! 

I farmed with several 4430s,quad and powershift.Quad was better ,PS jerked your guts out.

But both were wide open,screaming,a whole lot noise,ripping and tearing and not getting anything done.

1066s that looked Exactly like the one at the top of this thread....could be had for $5-7k, back 30 years ago. A clutch job was $500.  InFrame was under $700 and a torque....your talking worst case scenario, with a clutch etc, was under $2k.  Was what I was saying. I know almost nothing of the green stuff is what I should have said, other than they use to cost 2-3x as much to buy (used same condition) and any neighbor that we had with them had receipts for $10k+++ repair bills from their dealer. Mind you, they weren't doing the work themselves,  and we were, but still, I remember thinking as a teenager (several times) that  the bill on that JD was more than our Total investment on a 1066.

Ooo, I know that the green ones steer nice. Have great cabs. And hold their value. But it's all relative. 

On 12/11/2019 at 6:50 PM, shot_gun_red said:

Looking at left frame rail its been repainted ! still looks damn good

Looks to me like it just had a little rattle-can touch up.  Sprayed a few spot on mine back in the day.  The paint on the hood and cab looks like very well cared for original.  Bet it didn't spend many non-working days or nights outside.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:43 PM, jworley said:

And the earlier ones had that weird drawbar,

CCDDE64F-1062-4D90-85E9-69ABE36E58EF.jpeg

The drawbar that was really easy to plow under when plowing corn stalks.  Finally learned to just take it out instead of leaving it reversed when using the 3 point.