MTO

Home or away?

Home with wife and daughter. and with stepson and wife and their little boy.  Unless I can find something to work after We eat.

2 hours ago, Dave Downs said:

Two visits for me, daughter’s place (15 min drive), sister’s place (5 min drive)

@bitty I plan on being home the day after, will check with the folks on the other side of the road!🙂

If my sister goes with us she usually wants to stop by and see Janice. I will try to remember to text you when I know something

For years we have gone to my grandparents (mom parents) for christmas eve and family is there. Christmas day we are at home till late morning and go to other grandparents (dads parents) and family is there for the rest of the day. Makes for a great time to be with both sides of the family, I've been thankful for that as long as I've been around. 

Sounds like some traveler's. Our 10 day looks decent with no bad weather showing up "yet". Fingers crossed it will be good all over the country.

Still offering snow if anyone is worried their not going to have a white Christmas 😁 

What have ya got to trade?😀

• Haha 2

This will be our 6th year of running off to a sunny beach for Christmas, just us and the youngest two boys (older daughter had moved out and hadn’t gone with). We have very few presents and not much for food, but we have a blast on the beach with just the four of us.  We have had great times and memories for a life time 

I have really enjoyed our new tradition and want to continue, but our daughter is due in July and I wonder how long the new grandma is going to up for being away from the lil one on Christmas, or if I am buying more tickets (where is the face smack emoji?)

If you grab a ticket Mark we will be on the sand and have some snacks and a Pepsi for you, look for the sun burnt knees

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

In-laws. We have to take 2 vehicles because they buy way too much crap for the kids🤯😱

Is one of those vehicles The KPH Mack?

• Haha 1

Home 🏠 👍🏿👀only place 

Appreciate  the offers to spend Christmas with you guys.

My past plans to visit  forum members equated into their disappearances from the forum 

For example  Busman7 , TCM... And Hot Plug....sigh.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

For years we have gone to my grandparents (mom parents) for christmas eve and family is there. Christmas day we are at home till late morning and go to other grandparents (dads parents) and family is there for the rest of the day. Makes for a great time to be with both sides of the family, I've been thankful for that as long as I've been around. 

....good for you, ...enjoy the oldies while they are still around.........nothing is for ever........

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jingles1928 said:

Away at liberal BIL house. Wish I could stay home by myself but there is he77 to pay if I don't go. Good thing is wifes' ultra conservative nephew will be there. Only 20 miles away

Dennis

Start a fight with your wife she’ll  slam door and say “just stay home “ you can make up  later .

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, MTO said:

Where will you spend Christmas day this year?

Me? At home. 

Years past have been travel travel travel. 

Nobody invites me anymore so........sniff.

We'll invite you Mark but you'll have to travel !

• Thanks 1

Iowa's a long way to go with an electric golf cart that doesn't stay charged long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

Iowa's a long way to go with an electric golf cart that doesn't stay charged long.

We sure lucked out there didn't we!!😉

• Sad 1

Home for a change

3 hours ago, ky966boy said:

Start a fight with your wife she’ll  slam door and say “just stay home “ you can make up  later .

I think I will just suck it up. She had no trouble in me spending $4000 on a new furnace for the shop. Don't want to rock the boat. Merry Christmas to me.

Dennis

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

I think I will just suck it up. She had no trouble in me spending $4000 on a new furnace for the shop. Don't want to rock the boat. Merry Christmas to me.

Dennis

Sounds  better than being mad at the each, it is Christmas.   Somewhere here is a post with the wine to bring

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Christmas eve day my wife and I are heading up to our daughters by Rochester, MN which is about a 4-1/2 hour drive. She and her husband have one girl, 5 years old. Then Christmas morning we are  heading to St. Paul, MN to attend church with our son and his family. Our son and his wife have 4 kids ranging in age from 8 to a little over a year. We will spend the night there and then the day after Christmas we are bringing all 5 grand kids back to Iowa for a few days. It will be a fun but busy couple of days with all of the kids in the house.

I sure hope the weather is decent for our drive up on Christmas eve day, as we have been making the drive for a number of years and have driven in absolute terrible conditions a couple of times in the last several years.

Christmas is a lot more fun now that we have kids (grand kids) around again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, new guy said:

We sure lucked out there didn't we!!😉

Not yet, he has this monkey that drives the charging vehicle along side of the golf cart. 

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Bushwacker1 said:

Not yet, he has this monkey that drives the charging vehicle along side of the golf cart. 

I think we know who the real monkey is. Haha

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

I think we know who the real monkey is. Haha

ha...cough/choke/puke... ha...

I have noticed none of the outspoken "non believers" have shared where they will be Christmas day. 

Hmmm....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

For the first time I'll be taking my wife and kids to Florida (Cape Coral) to celebrate Christmas, and our ten year anniversary a few months early :-)  Christmas with the rest of the family in January.  I am looking forward to Christmas on the beach!!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

For the first time I'll be taking my wife and kids to Florida (Cape Coral) to celebrate Christmas, and our ten year anniversary a few months early :-)  Christmas with the rest of the family in January.  I am looking forward to Christmas on the beach!!

Happy early anniversary

• Thanks 1