JT706

844S tractors

I seen one for sale, thought it’d make a good low profile bush hog/utility tractor.I’ve never been around one so was wondering if there were parts available (new/aftermarket/salvage)

Made in Germany, there were a number sold in Eastern Canada. There will be used parts available thru Canadian tractor salvage guys. Some new parts will be available both thru Case IH and aftermarket as the 844 was sold worldwide and in Europe was still being built under the Case IH brand for a period of time.

We had some in Western Canada too.  The smaller one in that series was the 633.  I have been to quite a few scrap yards over the years and have not seen either one laying around.  I would check around on possible donor tractors before buying one.

10 hours ago, rjpont said:

Made in Germany, there were a number sold in Eastern Canada. There will be used parts available thru Canadian tractor salvage guys. Some new parts will be available both thru Case IH and aftermarket as the 844 was sold worldwide and in Europe was still being built under the Case IH brand for a period of time.

Made both in France and Germany - The German affiliate exported some tractors to Canada - The availability of Parts is correct for the engine - the  transmission is very reliable but in case onf something should happen, it is not easy to purchase new parts - except in salvage fields in France, Germany. D268 engine natural aspiration for the 844 S - if the tractor is equipped with an hydraulic shuttle, avoid the purchase.

On 12/11/2019 at 8:12 PM, JEAN COINTE FRANCE said:

Made both in France and Germany - The German affiliate exported some tractors to Canada - The availability of Parts is correct for the engine - the  transmission is very reliable but in case onf something should happen, it is not easy to purchase new parts - except in salvage fields in France, Germany. D268 engine natural aspiration for the 844 S - if the tractor is equipped with an hydraulic shuttle, avoid the purchase.

The German built D268 engine was also used in the British 884. Rebuild kits are available for that engine.                        P.S. The German built 844s was also sold here in Australia and were considerd a good tractor. Regards from Michael H.

• Like 1