A Mopar for New Guy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You buyin that for me?? For Christmas?? Your the best ever Mr Fixem! I never did believe what MTO was saying bout you...🤣😂 Seriously...that looks like a blast to drive!

another new guy here. I do play with the old Mopar's yet. But. I can't get enough IH red either. is the LH front wheel still around on the old red 68 Charger? LOL here is a pic of one of my old M

this is my other 69 Hemi R/T. a 4 speed as well. this is an original Hemi car. and has the original engine. waiting it's turn to get done.

Posted Images

On 12/9/2019 at 5:29 PM, new guy said:

I have one here that just about matches your old one perfectly. Might want to get an AMD catalog first and look at all the sheetmetal available for 68 Chargers. You would need every piece they make....but I'd give you a heck of a deal!!

20180403_123641.jpg

Nice looking 1086!

18 minutes ago, 1955/200 Farmall said:

another new guy here. I do play with the old Mopar's yet. But. I can't get enough IH red either. is the LH front wheel still around on the old red 68 Charger? LOL

here is a pic of one of my old Mopar's I have yet. tractors are on another disc. will post  them soon.

IMG_1634.JPG

You just made some friends here!

• Like 1

A462BEC3-9516-4764-9888-32F4BBF7FB36.thumb.png.9a5de8519b45f9f17e9633335e5a59bf.png
A03FE24F-68F7-47F6-A929-A03851EFAB66.thumb.png.2135ea19f64d243d3ad8441e00de5372.png

The first pic is my 72 Newport, I’ve had it a couple years now, bought it as a winter car, it’s solid but rough enough it was probably destined for powertrain harvesting and derby/scrap/parts, I fixed it up, drove it for one winter and fell in love so it’s a fair weather machine now

Second pic is my first car, the summer I bought it, 67 Imperial Crown, I have never driven it, have had many, many other vehicles but haven’t got to the Imperial yet, it lives in the back corner of a shed since the first fall I owned it 

My Gramps, Dad, Brother and I were nothing but Chryco since the 50’s, with the exception of International heavy trucks, until I got a Pontiac in 04

My Dad had a 73 New Yorker with a 440, my Gramps had a 74 D200 with a 440, I’m still chasing dreams from stories of both of those vehicles

I’m an automotive mechanic, so I’ve been around tons of cars, every type you could think of, European, Exotic, Muscle, Pro Street, Tuner, Corvettes new and old, Vipers, Tercels, Cavaliers, Geo Metros, they all need an alignment with a road test, I like them all, everyone is a different experience but there is just something about a Big Block Chrysler, the world can use more of them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 1955/200 Farmall said:

another new guy here. I do play with the old Mopar's yet. But. I can't get enough IH red either. is the LH front wheel still around on the old red 68 Charger? LOL

here is a pic of one of my old Mopar's I have yet. tractors are on another disc. will post  them soon.

IMG_1634.JPG

😍 69 Coronet R/T and the license plate indicates it has wide valve covers too!!😍

Can't

10 hours ago, IHKeith said:

A462BEC3-9516-4764-9888-32F4BBF7FB36.thumb.png.9a5de8519b45f9f17e9633335e5a59bf.png
A03FE24F-68F7-47F6-A929-A03851EFAB66.thumb.png.2135ea19f64d243d3ad8441e00de5372.png

The first pic is my 72 Newport, I’ve had it a couple years now, bought it as a winter car, it’s solid but rough enough it was probably destined for powertrain harvesting and derby/scrap/parts, I fixed it up, drove it for one winter and fell in love so it’s a fair weather machine now

Second pic is my first car, the summer I bought it, 67 Imperial Crown, I have never driven it, have had many, many other vehicles but haven’t got to the Imperial yet, it lives in the back corner of a shed since the first fall I owned it 

My Gramps, Dad, Brother and I were nothing but Chryco since the 50’s, with the exception of International heavy trucks, until I got a Pontiac in 04

My Dad had a 73 New Yorker with a 440, my Gramps had a 74 D200 with a 440, I’m still chasing dreams from stories of both of those vehicles

I’m an automotive mechanic, so I’ve been around tons of cars, every type you could think of, European, Exotic, Muscle, Pro Street, Tuner, Corvettes new and old, Vipers, Tercels, Cavaliers, Geo Metros, they all need an alignment with a road test, I like them all, everyone is a different experience but there is just something about a Big Block Chrysler, the world can use more of them 

Can't tell you how many guy I knew bought one of those old boats for a winter beater and ended up falling in love with it.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, 1955/200 Farmall said:

the body!

IMG_1619.JPG

Oh yeah! We are gonna get along really well!! Love em both! Have a few around here too. No hemi cars yet....never say never. The Coronet body style is my favorite but i do like the Chargers too. My wife likes the Plymouths so gotta have some of them too. Happy wife-happy life!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, new guy said:

Oh yeah! We are gonna get along really well!! Love em both! Have a few around here too. No hemi cars yet....never say never. The Coronet body style is my favorite but i do like the Chargers too. My wife likes the Plymouths so gotta have some of them too. Happy wife-happy life!

Welcome!!!  You started with "Great Pictures"!!!       "We are gonna get along really well!!"  Is a correct statement,     A lot of us "MOPAR" guys on this site,       We should start a Mopar story board "ON" this "Red Power" page,       We could add to it in the winter months.  My Wife and I raced in SS/DA in the late 70's & early 80's,   Great memories,  Fun Times!!!

Thanks,  Jim Droscha

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Welcome!!!  You started with "Great Pictures"!!!       "We are gonna get along really well!!"  Is a correct statement,     A lot of us "MOPAR" guys on this site,       We should start a Mopar story board "ON" this "Red Power" page,       We could add to it in the winter months.  My Wife and I raced in SS/DA in the late 70's & early 80's,   Great memories,  Fun Times!!!

Thanks,  Jim Droscha

That sounds like a good plan! Start the thread and drag out some of the old racing photos if you have any. 

• Like 2

Guy's, sorry for car talk on a tractor site LOL! but I did see Mopar in this thread title😎and wanted to share a bit.   I have owned this RR since 1980 ish. I have decided to Keep the 69 Coronets and parts and sell everything else. I don't have room for it all. new guy  we can discuss the RR after Christmas if you like. Iv'e owned this RR a year longer than my Blown Red R/T.  I will share more car pics if no one minds. 

this is a great site. I am excited to follow along on some tractor stories a restos. I have my grand fathers 200 Farmall he bought new in 1955! should be a parts tractor, many would junk it. I am going to save it. this tractor never left the farm till I got it. I have been to a few RPR events. I like the broad range I see there. work cloths to better than new.  I have a 234 IH for my mower, and  a 782 .  I have been thinking about a newer mower. like possibly a  30b or a 35b. I want a loader and 4x4. I don't have many good current tractor pics on my computer. I will look mon my discs for some to share.  where is it best to share my tractor pics on here? 

And  DFD. I do love the gold deomo's in your sig pic!  dad has his Red 826 yet. a great running German diesel 826. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, 1955/200 Farmall said:

Guy's, sorry for car talk on a tractor site LOL! but I did see Mopar in this thread title😎and wanted to share a bit.   I have owned this RR since 1980 ish. I have decided to Keep the 69 Coronets and parts and sell everything else. I don't have room for it all. new guy  we can discuss the RR after Christmas if you like. Iv'e owned this RR a year longer than my Blown Red R/T.  I will share more car pics if no one minds. 

this is a great site. I am excited to follow along on some tractor stories a restos. I have my grand fathers 200 Farmall he bought new in 1955! should be a parts tractor, many would junk it. I am going to save it. this tractor never left the farm till I got it. I have been to a few RPR events. I like the broad range I see there. work cloths to better than new.  I have a 234 IH for my mower, and  a 782 .  I have been thinking about a newer mower. like possibly a  30b or a 35b. I want a loader and 4x4. I don't have many good current tractor pics on my computer. I will look mon my discs for some to share.  where is it best to share my tractor pics on here? 

And  DFD. I do love the gold deomo's in your sig pic!  dad has his Red 826 yet. a great running German diesel 826. 

I dont think anyone will mind you sharing your car pics on this thread or one you start on your own. Coffe shop is for any topic really. So share away. 

Also in the general topic room feel free to start a thread or discussion to share your ih tractor pics or share in any topic already going that may be relavant to your tractors. We all like pictures. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures. Cool cars by the way! 

Guess you could always share in projects restorations and builds too. I always forget that one. General is more for more for tech  questions . If you end up in the wrong place bj or somebody will guide you and move you to right discusion board. Great bunch of people here.

• Like 2

The Coronet is cool but I'm requesting pics of the blown charger outside, or better yet one of it sitting in my driveway.

• Haha 1

Enough beauty shots. '72 440-III (motor home engine,six pack short block) patiently waiting for the right recip.

WP_20191221_001.jpg

1 hour ago, exSW said:

Enough beauty shots. '72 440-III (motor home engine,six pack short block) patiently waiting for the right recip.

WP_20191221_001.jpg

Six pak blocks were the same as regular old 440 blocks. Good engine for a builder still! Pick up a stroker kit and make a torque monster!!

1 hour ago, new guy said:

Six pak blocks were the same as regular old 440 blocks. Good engine for a builder still! Pick up a stroker kit and make a torque monster!!

Short block. Forged crank,1908(I think that's the #) rods.

Early 400 block for the bad ass stroker. Had one, sold it years ago.