Hy Tran Proven Again!

8 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

Oil prices differ dealer to dealer at john deere because of when and how much oil they order and what the oil prices were at the time of production 

Yes, parts guy there has told me that many times, I believe when I got it in Feb it was more.  They stopped selling bulk there because of issues with dirty customer holding tanks.  Totes, Barrels, buckets, or jugs only now.   

I would pull that 66 series tractor in in a year to check it.   Just from the looks of what you have, I would say there is algae growing in that transmission, and its going to come back.  I've never heard of that before, but that's the only thing I can think of that would make that kind of clumpy junk....just dirt will not.  Dirt would just cake in a layer.   It looks like what I've seen when algae grows in a water cooling system for generators, or in diesel fuel!  I've seen old tractors that have not been changed in a long time, and the oil is yellow snot....but its smooth.  I've never seen any that clumped like that.

My guess is you are going to have to pull that tractor completely apart, including the differential, clean & flush every part, and reassemble with fresh oil to solve the problem.  Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

The price of the last time I asked. This is the delivered price here. We qualify for maximum discount for parts there 

Screenshot_2019-12-09-22-27-11.png

• Like 1

I will only buy bulk. We have storage and pneumatic pumps for convenient filling without a funnel. This is the biggest advantage of bulk for us 

• Like 1

I used HyTran in our new 1206 and still use it in all of my customers tractors.     I have seen some ugly oil come out of a few tractors, by far the worst is the Cenex brand green hydraulic oil.   It does not hold water in suspension and that in itself causes major issues. 

• Like 1

Fwiw

Hytran bulk vs Conoco hydro oil from my dealer is like $1.50 to $2/g diff.  Conoco for loader and SS and hytran for tractors.  2 neighbors have shops and they say hytran seems good, but any brand name product they rec.  Just not the tsc cheapest you can get.  Just see alot of delaminated stuff and goop otherwise.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 1958560 said:

Got a dealer 45 miles from me that delivers bulk for free. Open house price this spring was 12.50 hytran, 12 for caseih 15w40

wow those are great prices per gal 

• Like 1
On 12/9/2019 at 12:43 PM, TP from Central PA said:

I got Jumping Deer oil in everything here.................no issues to this point..........Mobil 424 would be another good option but have best access to Deere because of construction dealer.  Pricing on Hy-Tran is nuts IMO.

Ditto here on the deer oil. Helps to keep my cost of operations down by running the same oil in all and not having to worry about cross contamination with implements.  No problems here for the years I've been doing it.

• Like 1
On 12/8/2019 at 10:43 PM, Thesd5488 said:

I’m 35 never remember hy Tran in any of our tractors I’ve never seen a filter that dirty has to be a reason for it somewhere 

I've seen a lot of guys that will either buy a drum of bulk oil (just as I do), except they will either fill a crusty old bucket from the drum without cleaning it, or they'll buy a bucket of oil, remove the top so it will pour faster, then set the bucket of new oil in the corner with no lid so it can be used again later. And it always looks just like the strainer you're showing when I see it.

• Like 1

We cant buy bulk from are dealer.

My 15 hyd. Filter looks that way, its algee  have changed it several times the last time was all hytrans  then I put some diesel Kleen in it.   Still chokes filters up pretty quick.   Stays inside for the most part anymore  but set in the big shed most of its life before I got it.