Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big Bud guy

Christmas came early

Recommended Posts

For me anyway.  Neighbor is semi retiring and starting to dump his stuff off on various friends.  He gave me a bunch a brochures and these are the highlights.

F586BE3B-9A08-4B51-8759-008C93B1A99C.jpeg

26B99F22-9EF2-454F-A546-04A57E3CAF27.jpeg

6ED9D6EC-211C-4151-9E85-0EA068F34A6E.jpeg

8000D89D-3C22-423F-85A0-BE9CEAC9F5B2.jpeg

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a good haul. There was a couple of those McConnel-Marc machines at the Half Century of progress show this past August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those look like good reading material. The kind of reading I like lol. What's the number of the case ih tractor on the brochure with the 4894? Looks like a 9240 but those arent the same years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, db1486 said:

Those look like good reading material. The kind of reading I like lol. What's the number of the case ih tractor on the brochure with the 4894? Looks like a 9240 but those arent the same years

There is no number on it but its a regular articulated Steiger.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 7:15 PM, Sledgehammer said:

That’s a good haul. There was a couple of those McConnel-Marc machines at the Half Century of progress show this past August. 

No doubt they are a rare tractor.  This brochure is the closest I will ever get to own one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the backside of the Series 4 Steiger brochure.  I really like this one because on the bottom it shows their lineup.  Never understood why they built the series 4 and the 1000 series at the same time.  Couldn’t have helped their bottom line.  

02B017E0-92B6-4175-8D4B-EAFD27035878.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, db1486 said:

Those look like good reading material. The kind of reading I like lol. What's the number of the case ih tractor on the brochure with the 4894? Looks like a 9240 but those arent the same years

I’m guessing it’s same time frame as a 4894, so either a 9170 or 80. Looks like air cleaner sitting on the fender & they were the only ones in that series like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Massey combines sure knew how to spread out a bed of straw lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

There is no number on it but its a regular articulated Steiger.  

Ok. For some reason my eyes were not seeing it as a articulated steiger. Guess I should look closer before asking questions 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, D1206 said:

I’m guessing it’s same time frame as a 4894, so either a 9170 or 80. Looks like air cleaner sitting on the fender & they were the only ones in that series like that. 

Yes looks like a 9170/80. Not sure what I was seeing last night looking at it lol. Must be from '87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, db1486 said:

Ok. For some reason my eyes were not seeing it as a articulated steiger. Guess I should look closer before asking questions 🤦‍♂️

Yes looks like a 9170/80. Not sure what I was seeing last night looking at it lol. Must be from '87

Ah... it’s just all that nice red paint, That would’ve been 2 pretty decent horses in 87.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that brochure have the 9190 in it?  I remember picking one up 30+ years ago.  It's still around here somewhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, D1206 said:

Ah... it’s just all that nice red paint, That would’ve been 2 pretty decent horses in 87.

Yea must be lol. Never too much red paint though haha. I'd be happy to have both those tractors right now even! Alot of ponies right there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see more of the 865/855 and 8460/50 combine brochure. See what the selling points of our combine is lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, db1486 said:

Yea must be lol. Never too much red paint though haha. I'd be happy to have both those tractors right now even! Alot of ponies right there

Yes, I think SD man said in thread couple days ago about Case 4wds. They were popular in this area & even once the dealer where I worked got the Red Steiger's, they still sold quite a few 44s & 4894s before the line was discontinued. They were a good match on 14 &1682 combines, large silage cutters too. Wasn’t much competition with the 9000 series Steigers too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, D1206 said:

Yes, I think SD man said in thread couple days ago about Case 4wds. They were popular in this area & even once the dealer where I worked got the Red Steiger's, they still sold quite a few 44s & 4894s before the line was discontinued. They were a good match on 14 &1682 combines, large silage cutters too. Wasn’t much competition with the 9000 series Steigers too.

About the same as here. Lots of them around. I love our 4494 on the combine. And on the high clear sprayer. Real nice spraying tractor. I'd like to see the brochures for the 9240/60 Case IH crab steer tractors. Theres a few of them still running around here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, db1486 said:

About the same as here. Lots of them around. I love our 4494 on the combine. And on the high clear sprayer. Real nice spraying tractor. I'd like to see the brochures for the 9240/60 Case IH crab steer tractors. Theres a few of them still running around here

I’m not sure how crab steer Steigers sold, I was gone from dealer time they came out. I know in this area, still a few 91,92 & 93 series around. Low houred 92 & 9370s & 80s still bring top dollar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, D1206 said:

I’m not sure how crab steer Steigers sold, I was gone from dealer time they came out. I know in this area, still a few 91,92 & 93 series around. Low houred 92 & 9370s & 80s still bring top dollar.

Never heard much trouble with them. I know of one close here and the guy likes it.  Seems even higher houred 91xx bring good money here. Not many of those tractors under 40k unless over 10k hours or beat up. Found a real nice 9330 not too long ago with PTO for over $60,000! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, db1486 said:

Never heard much trouble with them. I know of one close here and the guy likes it.  Seems even higher houred 91xx bring good money here. Not many of those tractors under 40k unless over 10k hours or beat up. Found a real nice 9330 not too long ago with PTO for over $60,000! 

That’s pretty decent, be nice tractor for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day Big Bud Guy! The third pic, the Case IH Buyers Guide with the family on the 7250, they are a neighbor of ours. Would you, by any chance, be interested in parting with that Buyers Guide? I would like to buy it if you are. Thanks and be safe! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gee-haw said:

Good day Big Bud Guy! The third pic, the Case IH Buyers Guide with the family on the 7250, they are a neighbor of ours. Would you, by any chance, be interested in parting with that Buyers Guide? I would like to buy it if you are. Thanks and be safe! 

PM me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 10:29 PM, 5088 said:

Does that brochure have the 9190 in it?  I remember picking one up 30+ years ago.  It's still around here somewhere.

 

Yes it does(or at least the one I have just like it does). 2 pages are devoted to the 9190. 

 

On 12/8/2019 at 10:43 PM, db1486 said:

About the same as here. Lots of them around. I love our 4494 on the combine. And on the high clear sprayer. Real nice spraying tractor. I'd like to see the brochures for the 9240/60 Case IH crab steer tractors. Theres a few of them still running around here

I’ll see if I can find some brochures on the 9240/60 tractors sometime. I know I’ve got some info on them. CaseIH came out with them in 1992, about the same time they came out with the manual transmissions in the 9270/80s. They were introduced with great fanfare, but never sold very well. They were discontinued in early 1994 due to lackluster sales. We had one operation around here that farmed for several years with a 4994 Case(white/ black premerger model) and a 9260 CaseIH as their two main tractors. They actually bought the 9260 with no warranty. Someway, somehow, they bought the tractor with no warranty so as to cheapen the price some. They traded both of these tractors in years later for 9380 Quadtracs. They tried to buy those with no warranty as well, but CaseIH would not sell them that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember seeing a few of the 850-860 brochures on eBay. Kind of wish I’d bought one at the time. Don’t really need it but would still be neat to look through lol. I had a good sized couple lectionary of brochures when I was a kid but I think mom through them out. Want real impressed about that but life goes on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, Big Bud guy said:

No doubt they are a rare tractor.  This brochure is the closest I will ever get to own one.  

seems to me McConnell bought the rights to Masseys 4wd tractors in the bankruptcy sale of Massey Combine Corps( that division owned the 4wd tractors) A few years later Agco bought it back I have seen some Whites that looked like Masseys and those McConnells. Never seen a McConnell in person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...