Sign in to follow this  
ole 815

Great video to watch on YouTube. Well done

That’s pretty good, couple guys in our area did same thing. Die hard green too...

That IS a well done video!

I get the same looks/stares when I take my Allis in the local Farmer`s parade...

the look of jealousy. :ph34r:

Couple of years ago I was looking at renting one just to stir the pot only problem was the dang thing didn't have a slow enough low gear.

I could care less about the rowcrops as it sounds like they have a cheap finish to them but I don’t know why you don’t see more of the 4x4s around here.  I’d say they are the underrated tractor of the quad tracks.  Only problem is when you buy Versatile you are padding Putin’s pockets.  The one i really want is one of these. https://62a3995d-d788-4a36-93e3-3e430b92008c.filesusr.com/ugd/b61e2a_ac13e380481c4e3c85cbe03918b723ba.pdf

Too funny! That unbelievable, horrified stare by the JD fans as it idled by. That look is true, I have experienced it myself.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

Only problem is when you buy Versatile you are padding Putin’s pockets.  The one i really want is one of these. https://62a3995d-d788-4a36-93e3-3e430b92008c.filesusr.com/ugd/b61e2a_ac13e380481c4e3c85cbe03918b723ba.pdf

What is the connection with Versatile and Russia?

what is your opinion of the German tractors. Fendt is the name, I think.

32 minutes ago, MarkG said:

What is the connection with Versatile and Russia?

what is your opinion of the German tractors. Fendt is the name, I think.

Rostselmash 

https://thecrri.ca/economy/previously-manufactured-in-canada-russian-tractors-are-moving-back-to-russia/

• Thanks 1

Awesome video!  So what the tractor is owned by a Russian company?  Looked at a John lately?  Just about every piece on them says made in China,  Spain,  Czech,  etc.  

So...is nothing being manufactured at the former Versatile plant in Winnipeg anymore? Sure would seem odd to see the former Versatile 4wds and former Genesis tractors being produced in Russia instead. 

About 10 years ago(about when the grain prices went sky high), Versatile dealerships sprang up all over around here. Several AGCO dealerships, a few non-Titan CaseIH and New Holland dealerships, and the Cat dealer in the Dakotas all became Versatile dealerships practically overnight about then. Then about 5-6 years ago, they all pretty much lost/gave up their Versatile dealerships just as fast. There were several Versatiles sold in that time, and they all pretty much became orphans after the dealerships disappeared. Still a few around, but the nearest dealer is over 2 hours away now. 

Talking about foreign ownership of tractor companies, I remember back in the early 1980s when Fiat first tried to get into the North American tractor market by selling Fiat tractors badged as Hesston tractors. There were a few Hesston tractor dealers around here, including a couple IH dealers. One of the neighbors looked into buying a Hesston tractor until he got to looking into Fiat’s ownership, and claimed that at the time, Col. Khadaffi and the Libyan government had a 25-30% ownership stake in Fiat. Don’t know if that was ever proven to be true, but it sure didn’t help the Hesston dealers trying to sell Hesston tractors. 

You can't tell me that not being able to work on your own tractor has not hurt Mother Deere?

It sounds like the farmer is lucky that Deere allows them to operate their equipment.

That is just arrogance.

Back in the 80's, every farm had at least one Versatile 400 swather on the place. Dealers were all over.

13 hours ago, SDman said:

So...is nothing being manufactured at the former Versatile plant in Winnipeg anymore? Sure would seem odd to see the former Versatile 4wds and former Genesis tractors being produced in Russia instead. 

About 10 years ago(about when the grain prices went sky high), Versatile dealerships sprang up all over around here. Several AGCO dealerships, a few non-Titan CaseIH and New Holland dealerships, and the Cat dealer in the Dakotas all became Versatile dealerships practically overnight about then. Then about 5-6 years ago, they all pretty much lost/gave up their Versatile dealerships just as fast. There were several Versatiles sold in that time, and they all pretty much became orphans after the dealerships disappeared. Still a few around, but the nearest dealer is over 2 hours away now. 

Talking about foreign ownership of tractor companies, I remember back in the early 1980s when Fiat first tried to get into the North American tractor market by selling Fiat tractors badged as Hesston tractors. There were a few Hesston tractor dealers around here, including a couple IH dealers. One of the neighbors looked into buying a Hesston tractor until he got to looking into Fiat’s ownership, and claimed that at the time, Col. Khadaffi and the Libyan government had a 25-30% ownership stake in Fiat. Don’t know if that was ever proven to be true, but it sure didn’t help the Hesston dealers trying to sell Hesston tractors. 

My understanding is that Rostelmash owns approx. 80% of Buhler, the company that owns Versatile. The Winnipeg plant is still operational going by Versatiles website. 

Versatile’s corporate headquarters is Winnipeg, Manitoba where a 700,000 square foot facility is home to the Tractor line and final assembly for the Combine line. Facilities in Vegreville, Alberta (140,000 square feet) and Willmar, Minnesota (135,000 square feet) manufacture the Precision Seeding and Tillage; and Self Propelled Sprayers, respectively. All locations feature product specific manufacturing, assembly, engineering, research/development and test site facilities.

• Thanks 1

Tractors are still being built in Winnipeg.  Their even building Kubotas on the same line.