Jump to content
MTO

Quick and inexpensive solution to an irritating issue

Recommended Posts

A noisy quad runnng wot in the neighborhood at 1am is easily quieted by side cutters to the valve stems.

Why bother 911?

:ph34r:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MTO said:

A noisy quad runnng wot in the neighborhood at 1am is easily quieted by side cutters to the valve stems.

Why bother 911?

:ph34r:

Got bail money handy?

got to be careful now days with all the spy cameras available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Got bail money handy?

got to be careful now days with all the spy cameras available

Speaking hypothetically of course...:wacko:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MTO said:

Speaking hypothetically of course...:wacko:

Me to of course. Darkness, a ski mask and a laser pointer to the cameras disabled them for a bit . Not that I would know!!!. Those pesky nanny cams will get you. One thing if you are having a discussion about anything important assume someone is privately taping you. It is 1 party consent in most states but a handful, but in those one party states it is a felony to privately tape you for a future court proceeding ( tortious intent or criminal actions) .another thing I have learned if ever questioned or just visited by law enforcement don’t say anything much and immediately request their body camera footage and a police report. Let’s you see what the other guys are claiming keeps the law enforcement honest to. Sad thing is how do i know this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MTO said:

Speaking hypothetically of course...:wacko:

Don't worry I will bail you out. 😃  and pay your attorney bill.  Hate people with no muffler or people that roll coal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTO said:

A noisy quad runnng wot in the neighborhood at 1am is easily quieted by side cutters to the valve stems.

Why bother 911?

:ph34r:

Half cup of sugar/karo in engine oil probably be a more permanent solution. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would just do some detective work and find out who it is. 

If it’s a young kid out raising **** then you can have a peaceful conversation with the parents and probably resolve it. 

Even if it’s an adult a little diplomacy and a simple conversation might stop it. 

Resorting to some of the other suggestions will probably only result in retaliation and then it never ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record I was just kidding.  I've never messed with someone's stuff before.   I'm a little more direct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

I think I would just do some detective work and find out who it is. 

If it’s a young kid out raising **** then you can have a peaceful conversation with the parents and probably resolve it. 

Even if it’s an adult a little diplomacy and a simple conversation might stop it. 

Resorting to some of the other suggestions will probably only result in retaliation and then it never ends.

France uses that approach...

Ask Red Forman about that.:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as these young inconsiderates tick me off too. I have to agree with those above and say don't resort to vandalism in anger. Instead befriend these young ne'erdowells. Offer them some helpful advice gleaned from years spent gaining experience on this spinning rock. I think your satisfaction will be much greater. 😃

1640560769_sugargas.jpg.e1dc5ce9eb12f605d0571393ea55a8a6.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MTO said:

A noisy quad runnng wot in the neighborhood at 1am is easily quieted by side cutters to the valve stems.

Why bother 911?

:ph34r:

Sooner or later the problem will solve itself . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was a young buck climbing highwalls on my 250, we occasionally ventured onto private property and were, more than once, peppered with shotgun pellets. 

Nobody came out to talk to us, reason with us, explain the errors of our ways with us or offer to lead us down the correct path.

I didn`t go home and tell my daddy so he could get a lawyer after them.

We got the message .We stayed the he!! off their property.

Yeah, yeah the rules have changed.... or have only the PEOPLE changed? Eh?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bull-racks with straight pipes, and jake brakes are my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Don't help living right at the start of the town speed zone....

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local farmer told the story of a young kid riding a 4 wheeler through his crop. Said he knew who it was so he stopped him on the dirt road one day and asked the kid to keep an eye out for whoever was riding through his field destroying his crop. Farmer said the problem immediately stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MTO said:

When I was a young buck climbing highwalls on my 250, we occasionally ventured onto private property and were, more than once, peppered with shotgun pellets. 

Nobody came out to talk to us, reason with us, explain the errors of our ways with us or offer to lead us down the correct path.

I didn`t go home and tell my daddy so he could get a lawyer after them.

We got the message .We stayed the he!! off their property.

Yeah, yeah the rules have changed.... or have only the PEOPLE changed? Eh?

 

 

 

5 hours ago, MTO said:

France uses that approach...

Ask Red Forman about that.:lol:

I wish Red was in charge of the direction of the way the next generation is coming along.

My neighbor growing up had a rumour that was said by kids in school that he loaded rock salt in the shotgun and hit kids when they trespassed on his property via the power line that went through. I asked him about it and he laughed and said don't correct the fact that it wasn't true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always sleep better at night if I know I took the high road

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

I always sleep better at night if I know I took the high road

Can still hear the loud quad on the high road too. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muzzleloader with a little wadding instead of a slug will put off one he!! of a flame at night. That oughta scare the p!ss out of someone. Just point it in the air and let'r rip!

Unless you live in some fancy neighborhood....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, new guy said:

Muzzleloader with a little wadding instead of a slug will put off one he!! of a flame at night. That oughta scare the p!ss out of someone. Just point it in the air and let'r rip!

Unless you live in some fancy neighborhood....

No, but the noisy guy does. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, new guy said:

Muzzleloader with a little grape nuts instead of a slug will put off one he!! of a flame at night. That oughta scare the p!ss out of someone. Just point it at their backside and let'r rip!

Unless you live in some fancy neighborhood....

 

LOL  been hit with grape nuts out of a potato gun when we were foolish kids 

 

 

I swear I didn't change any of your words! :)😈

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 12:08 PM, MTO said:

A noisy quad runnng wot in the neighborhood at 1am is easily quieted by side cutters to the valve stems.

Why bother 911?

:ph34r:

MTO

You don't say you did, or not, cut the valve stems?  I can certainly understand the frustration caused by obnoxious late night noise and a means to stop it.

However.....if valve stems were cut that may feel satisfaction in "common sense" justice was served but legally it would be viewed as at least vandalism.

This speaks to the slippery slope of when individuals act outside of the law (even for what a peep feels is a valid reason) and what the laws of the land actually say. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

MTO

You don't say you did, or not, cut the valve stems?  I can certainly understand the frustration caused by obnoxious late night noise and a means to stop it.

However.....if valve stems were cut that may feel satisfaction in "common sense" justice was served but legally it would be viewed as at least vandalism.

This speaks to the slippery slope of when individuals act outside of the law (even for what a peep feels is a valid reason) and what the laws of the land actually say. 

 

I shutter to think that ANYONE would even consider  acting outside the law.

Our last potus taught me that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Pennsylvania.  If you call the PSP up they will come take some notes and gladly tell you there’s nothing they can do.....oh look at that. Coffee time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in the last 2 or 3 years there was a case jn Lancaster County where some kids kept running down crops.  It went on forever and the farmer didnt know who they were or where they were coming from.  One day the farmer finally caught one of them.  He held the punk at gunpoint while he waited for police and gathered information.  Turned out the farmer became the criminal for pulling a weapon on the kid.  Apparently tresspass laws here are inadequit even when tresspassing with ill intent such as crop distruction.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bdse25 said:

This is Pennsylvania.  If you call the PSP up they will come take some notes and gladly tell you there’s nothing they can do.....oh look at that. Donut time 

There I fixed it for you..... Sorry I couldn't resist. 

My guess is there's definitely nothing they're going to do about it. As a matter of fact around here some of the Township roads are putting up signs to make it legal for four wheelers. We've seen an increase in four-wheeler use by a wide margin and most of the use by youth who don't know what they're doing driving down the road and are driving and extremely dangerous manners . 

Heck years ago my cousin had his cabin broken too bunch of Craftsman's tools stolen some things vandalized and the police wouldn't do really anything about that hardly. The second time it was broken into I ended up finding a shopping bag with craftsman wrenches  in it in his gas grill just outside of his garage. They really had no interest in spending too much effort to try and catch who was doing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...