Sign in to follow this  
dale560

1256 on ice

Hauling hay out of some swampy spots now that it is frozen. Left the old 1256 out under the moonlight for the night  some of the spots had about 4 inches of water ponding that was frozen some bales are frozen down to

5FF2AB28-CE3E-4E6E-9BA0-60D1DC976401.jpeg

045F110D-CAD5-4E93-9871-C5463A7A5D98.jpeg

E8F135B5-9C2A-4953-8A44-070CF5B8B1A1.jpeg

384EFEBF-DE8A-4DD6-BC30-B9CCD0FE4416.jpeg

• Like 5

Cool pictures 👍👍

• Like 2

Sad thing is we left the old gal out in the field. Tomorrow we will hop in give it a crack of ether and away it will go. Thought it was a nice picture with the moon coming up. We leave the bucket up because ta delete if nothing else a quick pull will fire it up.

1 minute ago, dale560 said:

Sad thing is we left the old gal out in the field. Tomorrow we will hop in give it a crack of ether and away it will go. Thought it was a nice picture with the moon coming up.

Come on now I thought they didn’t need ether😁

• Like 1

wow dale that looks cold up there in the kloNDike

10 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Come on now I thought they didn’t need ether😁

Not normally but around 20 above every bit helps.

4 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

wow dale that looks cold up there in the kloNDike

It was nice today about 35 above next week it is going to cool off

16 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Sad thing is we left the old gal out in the field.

She knows  you'll be back for her 

22 minutes ago, MTO said:

She knows  you'll be back for her 

She’s the old standby we leave around when we haul. Brother got 3 loads today got about 7 more from this area. We unload at home with the everyday loader

8 hours ago, dale560 said:

It was nice today about 35 above next week it is going to cool off

Cool off? If 35 degrees isn't cooled off I don't know what is. I thought you were in the states but you have to be Canadian with that attitude.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, MarkG said:

Cool off? If 35 degrees isn't cooled off I don't know what is. I thought you were in the states but you have to be Canadian with that attitude.😀

She is close to the border. About 50 miles south of Canada . We bought the 1256 from tractor wrecking yard with bad engine. They said it came from right up by the Canadian border. So she was born and bred for cold weather  operation. Sad thing is window is stuck open and we removed bad heater from cab when we fixed engine. Never replaced it.

Back when I was in high school , coons were worth 40 bucks .  Sometimes I was able to get as many as three in one night . 

In the late 70’s that was great money and fun too. 

I had a switch to kill the brake light and drove along the Blue river spotlighting out the window while driving with the head lights off. 

One night with dads  pickup I was going along and all the sudden the motor reved up as if I had went into neutral. I let off the gas and shined the light down just as i realized I had driven out onto an irrigation catch pit and then about one second later the truck fell through the ice . Luckily it was only about three feet deep . 

I walked home , freezing cold , wet to my waste and had to wake dad up to tell him what I had done . 

That was a bad night I will never forget. 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Back when I was in high school , coons were worth 40 bucks .  Sometimes I was able to get as many as three in one night . 

In the late 70’s that was great money and fun too. 

I had a switch to kill the brake light and drove along the Blue river spotlighting out the window while driving with the head lights off. 

One night with dads  pickup I was going along and all the sudden the motor reved up as if I had went into neutral. I let off the gas and shined the light down just as i realized I had driven out onto an irrigation catch pit and then about one second later the truck fell through the ice . Luckily it was only about three feet deep . 

I walked home , freezing cold , wet to my waste and had to wake dad up to tell him what I had done . 

That was a bad night I will never forget. 

My moms uncle was a severe alcoholic. Divorced in his mid 50s. He would always be in the water or ice about once a month. People would come along find him walking wet from the waist down and ankles up. They would call my Dad to come take care of his problem. Walked out into 33 degree water many times to hook chain up. Once he had his 83 s10 Chevy completely submerged. Pulled it to local small coop in middle of the night and they actually got it dried out and started.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dale560 said:

She is close to the border. About 50 miles south of Canada . We bought the 1256 from tractor wrecking yard with bad engine. They said it came from right up by the Canadian border. So she was born and bred for cold weather  operation. Sad thing is window is stuck open and we removed bad heater from cab when we fixed engine. Never replaced it.

Our farmstead is 8 miles from the border and some of our land comes within 3 miles of the line.   Can see into Canada.

1 minute ago, Big Bud guy said:

Our farmstead is 8 miles from the border and some of our land comes within 3 miles of the line.   Can see into Canada.

Did you guys ever farm in Canada? Back in the late 70s to mid 90s a lot of guys in northwest North Dakota went and bought land in Canada. At that time if land was 250 to 300 an acre here you could buy better quality bigger chunks of land for about 60% of American price. About 10 years ago there were a bunch of auction sales with land being sold on both sides of border. And usually big 4wds on the sales 1150 size versatile and big buds. 

1 hour ago, dale560 said:

Did you guys ever farm in Canada? Back in the late 70s to mid 90s a lot of guys in northwest North Dakota went and bought land in Canada. At that time if land was 250 to 300 an acre here you could buy better quality bigger chunks of land for about 60% of American price. About 10 years ago there were a bunch of auction sales with land being sold on both sides of border. And usually big 4wds on the sales 1150 size versatile and big buds. 

No but we have relatives that farm in Canada.  They are only about 30 miles north of us and some of their land runs up to the line.  I did have a neighbor that farmed in Canada.  Leased about 1,000 acres but when it came up for sale he wasn’t able to buy it.  Pretty much cut his farm in half.  Far as land values go, land is twice as much right across the line vs here.  And it’s all because of Hutterites.  And I think it’s been that way for awhile.

11 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

We're under 2😉  See lights of 150000 person town from kitchen now.  Airport is right there too across line.

FIL is on it, bunker is backed against it.  He maybe bonked the marker spire and it couuuuld be in the flowerbed now....aledgedly 

Land in Canada?  Here it opposite they buy us.  Were 30% of them price wise.  16000 to 30000 here.  100000/a there....seriously.  Know doc sale this summer was for 140000 a acre for open 20 acre field 25 miles NE of us in Valley.

Nice pics. ....i cant even comprehend sub 0 temps!

7 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

We're under 2😉  See lights of 150000 person town from kitchen now.  Airport is right there too across line.

FIL is on it, bunker is backed against it.  He maybe bonked the marker spire and it couuuuld be in the flowerbed now....aledgedly 

Land in Canada?  Here it opposite they buy us.  Were 30% of them price wise.  16000 to 30000 here.  100000/a there....seriously.  Know doc sale this summer was for 140000 a acre for open 20 acre field 25 miles NE of us in Valley.

Nice pics. ....i cant even comprehend sub 0 temps!

You know once it had been cold for a while   0 degrees doesn’t seem to bad. It is actually going to cool down on Monday. But it hasn’t been all that bad yet this year other than the snow. But that has come and gone. My brother in law lives about 60 miles north east and their house hobby farm is 6 miles from border.