Sign in to follow this  
exSW

Tucker jumps the Fox fence

Where the money went.

• Thanks 4

Appears Paul Singer knows the rules better than those who wrote them

Paul Singer...name to look into

Never heard of the guy! These types like to stay out of the light.

Now each political party have big funders ! The red party has Paul Singer and the blue has George Soros !

• Sad 1

Yep, these hedge fund types couldn't care less about who they step on. Some day they will get theirs...

• Like 1

Whats destroying rural America...............Liberals and Urban America

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Paul Singer, What a snake in the grass. Troy, Agree kinda, If true what Tucker says this issue is found within both political colors. What's the old saying about a politician in DC getting rich might hold true here.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

It's definitely NOT the republicans who, despite having a majority from 16-18, never passed a budget, never reduced spending (increased it actually), never repealed obamacare, let trump unilaterally enact more gun control than Obama did, keeps renewing the PATRIOT act, actively working to keep us in perpetual war, and a plethora of other anti-American misdeeds.

Yes, it's the liberals who are destroying rural America :rolleyes:

Here's a tip: despite there being two major parties in politics, they're TWO HEADS ON THE SAME SNAKE. They both work well together in destroying and taxing us, but they sure do keep the wool pulled over the vast majority and beating that "my team is better" drum.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Indy Farmer said:

It's definitely NOT the republicans who, despite having a majority from 16-18, never passed a budget, never reduced spending (increased it actually), never repealed obamacare, let trump unilaterally enact more gun control than Obama did, keeps renewing the PATRIOT act, actively working to keep us in perpetual war, and a plethora of other anti-American misdeeds.

Yes, it's the liberals who are destroying rural America :rolleyes:

Here's a tip: despite there being two major parties in politics, they're TWO HEADS ON THE SAME SNAKE. They both work well together in destroying and taxing us, but they sure do keep the wool pulled over the vast majority and beating that "my team is better" drum.

OK show us a good alternative that doesn't have idiot ideas and is electable along with a majority in both houses. If you don't get that majority both sides will work together to make sure that independent gets absolutely nothing done. So just who is electable to the house and senate and the presidency that's an independent?

Just asking!

Rick 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

OK show us a good alternative that doesn't have idiot ideas and is electable along with a majority in both houses. If you don't get that majority both sides will work together to make sure that independent gets absolutely nothing done. So just who is electable to the house and senate and the presidency that's an independent?

Just asking!

Rick 

https://www.lp.org/

Wish we had 534 more Thomas Massies.

Also, we ABSOLUTELY need people to assure that nothing gets done. When government works, government takes. If we can't get rid of the government, let's at least make sure it's 100% gridlocked. Paying their salary is peanuts compared to the trillions they squander.

• Like 3

Part of the problem is this: public companies.

I've worked for and with large private and large public companies. The share price is God with publicly traded companies. They'll sell next week for share price today, and it is driven by ownership -that is, the shareholders and more specifically large shareholders and/or those at arms length, who only own stock as an investment. It's easier to weather the economic storms when the authorities have the long term health of the company in mind. That'll occur more often with a privately owned company that'll be passed down to the next generation, than it will with a publicly traded company whose largest shareholder want a return now so they can move on to the next take.

All those "robber barons" that Carlson mentioned? All OWNED their companies. A lesser proportion of "American" companies are owned privately anymore. Who are the richest people at a company? The CEO's and other C-suite executives. And who do they work for? The shareholders who by and large know nothing about the industry, the economy, or the company. They (myself included) are owners because their retirement demands it. Pensions outside the government are practically as gone as dinosaurs, so we own stock and demand return in order to survive when/if we see retirement. When the CEO/President/Chairman of the Board is also the one who owns the company, you see less of this.

There aren't super simple solutions, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the evaporation of pensions, death of privately owned large companies, and hedge fund vultures all occurred in parallel.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just a example how it used to work. North Dakota is a red state they always say. But up until around the year 2000 it was a blue state. Democratic from when the party was for the farmers and working people from the 30s . We always had old school democrat senators. Once the were elected they were there till death. One thing they understood was pork barrel. Meaning they didn’t vote party line. They would vote republican or democratic as long as every bill they worked on had a few million for North Dakota. Was this right? No but they would compromise and vote what they wanted for the state. Quentin Burdick, his dad Usher, Byron Dorgan , Kent Conrad all US senators returned a lot of funding to the state. The only democrat to screw up was Heidi Heitkamp. She voted party line on the Supreme Court and it cost her the election. But she got 10 million of campaign funds but had to donate a bunch to senator  in New Jersey. Her vote was worth a lot of projects here in the state. 

1 hour ago, KWRB said:

Part of the problem is this: public companies.

I've worked for and with large private and large public companies. The share price is God with publicly traded companies. They'll sell next week for share price today, and it is driven by ownership -that is, the shareholders and more specifically large shareholders and/or those at arms length, who only own stock as an investment. It's easier to weather the economic storms when the authorities have the long term health of the company in mind. That'll occur more often with a privately owned company that'll be passed down to the next generation, than it will with a publicly traded company whose largest shareholder want a return now so they can move on to the next take.

All those "robber barons" that Carlson mentioned? All OWNED their companies. A lesser proportion of "American" companies are owned privately anymore. Who are the richest people at a company? The CEO's and other C-suite executives. And who do they work for? The shareholders who by and large know nothing about the industry, the economy, or the company. They (myself included) are owners because their retirement demands it. Pensions outside the government are practically as gone as dinosaurs, so we own stock and demand return in order to survive when/if we see retirement. When the CEO/President/Chairman of the Board is also the one who owns the company, you see less of this.

There aren't super simple solutions, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the evaporation of pensions, death of privately owned large companies, and hedge fund vultures all occurred in parallel.

The problem there is most of those kids who inherited squandered it. They had to go public or lose it all. Even happens all too often today. I know of 2 mid sized privately held manufacturing companies that fail shortly after the founder died and the kids took over in between 2000 and 2005. Both had been multi million a year companies each with well over 100 employees. In both cases the "kids" partied the companies away. One is gone. The other was sold in bankruptcy and is still in business but the quality of it's product tanked.

Rick 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Indy Farmer said:

https://www.lp.org/

Wish we had 534 more Thomas Massies.

Also, we ABSOLUTELY need people to assure that nothing gets done. When government works, government takes. If we can't get rid of the government, let's at least make sure it's 100% gridlocked. Paying their salary is peanuts compared to the trillions they squander.

OK and what about the negative effect 100% gridlock normally has on the economy? No farm payments, no law enforcement, the military won't get paid either. You would have absolute anarchy. Anarchy until either the Russians or Chinese marched down Pennsylvania Ave.

We have been meddling in other countries ever sense we deployed troops to help put down the Boxer Rebellion at the turn of the last century. We have tried to influence elections. We were the ones who pressured the European nations to disband their empires. I've been telling people that the Russians trying to influence an election is nothing new. We too have been doing that for over 100 years. Influencing elections, propping up despot dictators and even supporting coups against foreign leaders we didn't like. The only solution to that today is this one world nonsense that you won't make happen.

Rick

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

OK and what about the negative effect 100% gridlock normally has on the economy? No farm payments, no law enforcement, the military won't get paid either. You would have absolute anarchy. Anarchy until either the Russians or Chinese marched down Pennsylvania Ave.[\quote]

I don't see any issue with this. It would be a sweet combination of Red Dawn and Atlas Shrugged. :lol:

We have been meddling in other countries ever sense we deployed troops to help put down the Boxer Rebellion at the turn of the last century. We have tried to influence elections. We were the ones who pressured the European nations to disband their empires. I've been telling people that the Russians trying to influence an election is nothing new. We too have been doing that for over 100 years. Influencing elections, propping up despot dictators and even supporting coups against foreign leaders we didn't like. The only solution to that today is this one world nonsense that you won't make happen.

Rick

Isn't is funny that we don't want outsiders interfering in our politics but we'll send thousands of our men and women to die in hopes of influencing foreign governments?

Sorry, I somehow jacked up the formatting in my reply.

13 minutes ago, Indy Farmer said:

Never said I agree with that policy. I said it's been going on for a very long time. I doubt that there is a workable long term solution. 

I'm not shocked that someone tried to meddle in an election. In fact that's been going on a long time too. And most often when we meddle troops are not involved. Other times we do send in the troops. But we have used foreign aid a club far more often than not. Obama making speeches in England urging them to vote to stay in the EU was meddling. Blatant right out in the open.

Rick

2 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Never said I agree with that policy. I said it's been going on for a very long time. I doubt that there is a workable long term solution. 

I'm not shocked that someone tried to meddle in an election. In fact that's been going on a long time too. And most often when we meddle troops are not involved. Other times we do send in the troops. But we have used foreign aid a club far more often than not. Obama making speeches in England urging them to vote to stay in the EU was meddling. Blatant right out in the open.

Rick

You don't have to go to England, it is    only 2 months since he was telling us how to vote in Canada. Blatant medeling. 

Tucker is pretty open minded..............Watched him on Crossfire when he was at the Clinton News Network, I guess that was back when debate on CNN was a good thing?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IKS said:

You don't have to go to England, it is    only 2 months since he was telling us how to vote in Canada. Blatant medeling. 

17 minutes ago, IKS said:

Yea but now he's a former president, you know, a has been. When he was in England he was the President.

Rick