redfork1992

2350 loader cylinder

has anyone found a good replacement for the bucket cylinders on 2350 loader? I might have one with internal leak was just wondering if it was cheaper/cost effective to replace or rebuild the cylinder TIA

I think you would be better off repacking your cylinder, I would think you could get a packing kit for between $50 or $100 based on the cylinders I've done before. 

just had one on our 2355 rebuilt/resealed - 255 bucks later 

I did one of mine a year ago.  Seal kit from the local hydraulic place was about $25.  Took us an hour in the shop to tear it apart and put it back together.  Kits are high from$ from CNH.

7 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

I did one of mine a year ago.  Seal kit from the local hydraulic place was about $25.  Took us an hour in the shop to tear it apart and put it back together.  Kits are high from$ from CNH.

where did you get the kit from?

we have no knowledge or tools on how to do it so im sure we paid a premium - some day maybe i will learn how to do that and get the right tools 

It was a shop in Galesburg IL we use.  MFC hydraulics.  They have other locations.  Simply took the cylinder apart.  Drove their with the parts.  They matched the packings, O rings, back up washers and shaft seal.  Went home and put it together.  When I did the boom cylinders they had to order some of it.  Took a day.  I think parts to do both boom cylinders was about $100.  There are lots of places like this.  You may have to look a little to find one close to you.

8 hours ago, billonthefarm said:

It was a shop in Galesburg IL we use.  MFC hydraulics.  They have other locations.  Simply took the cylinder apart.  Drove their with the parts.  They matched the packings, O rings, back up washers and shaft seal.  Went home and put it together.  When I did the boom cylinders they had to order some of it.  Took a day.  I think parts to do both boom cylinders was about $100.  There are lots of places like this.  You may have to look a little to find one close to you.

Place like this 7 mile from me. Cylinders, motors, valves, anything hydraulic. Rarely is a cylinder repair over 100$ unless they have to make a ram for it, at least on ag cylinders. Probly  more on super large industrial ones.

Just had one of the boom cylinders rebuilt on the 2455. Was $200 parts and labor. Parts came from a local hydraulic repair shop. 

I just bought all the seals for all 4 cylinders on my 2250 for under $100. Good to go. My 2350 has been resealed before too. All parts are available online as well. I cant imagine replacing them first. I have a good hydraulic shop close by. It's not too hard watch a couple videos and study the parts diagram and do it yourself. Live a little.