Sign in to follow this  
Amo

Pacesetter stock trailer

Found a pacesetter stock trailer for sale that's a ways away. I know nothing about them.  What's your thoughts?

TIA

Aluminum? Steel? Bumper or goosneck ?

I don't know about them but if you don't put a lot of use on one you don't need a top of the line one 

1. I have a Exiss GN Trailer.  It pulls xlnt and has never been a problem.  It is aluminum and probably weighs 5000 lbs.  I have aluminum wheels on it.  Paid 15k for it 10 yrs ago.

13 hours ago, Amo said:

Found a pacesetter stock trailer for sale that's a ways away. I know nothing about them.  What's your thoughts?

TIA

http://www.komfgco.com/

They're located in my home town. 

14 hours ago, bigequip said:
  1. I have a Exiss GN Trailer.  It pulls xlnt and has never been a problem.  It is aluminum and probably weighs 5000 lbs.  I have aluminum wheels on it.  Paid 15k for it 10 yrs ago.

Exiss, Sooner, and one other brand are all made by the same place I do believe.  I think they're alright.  Supposedly featherlight went back up on quality?  Thats what the dealer here says about them.  So many choices aluminum....Wilson, Merritt, Eliete, Barrett, Duralite, on and on.  Same way with steel.  Unless there a complete POS, they hold their value for the most part.

Guess on the Pacesetter, I was curious if anyone could comment on their construction vs say a Titan or something?  Fairly reasonable price compared to say a Titan or something.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:39 AM, Amo said:

TIA

Where do you live that it's a ways away?

6 hours ago, IHC5488 said:

Where do you live that it's a ways away?

2 1/2 hours west of Sioux  City Iowa

never had a pacesetter i see quite a few around never seen one sitting along the highway broken down if that helps at all 

• Like 1

I’ve had an exiss and regret selling it years ago. Was in good shape and pulled great but I thought I needed something different. Even loaded a 2010 jd or maybe it was a 1020 with a 5’ mower in it to move a few miles. Had a Wilson also and that was another one I wish I still had now but I wasn’t using it at the time and my neighbor had cash so it’s parked at his place. He lets me use it if I need to so it worked out. Between the two the Wilson is heavier built strength wise and they are built with the same material thickness as their pots are. Had a sooner that I wasn’t impressed with and it’s why I sold the exiss. I’ll never own another sooner unless it’s given to me but that’s just my opinion.

Years ago most of those trailers were made down here and to us it was known elite, Hart, cm, sundowner, and bloomer were top of the line and I’m sure there’s others I’m not thinking of that’s better quality. Sooner, featherlight, and exiss with a few others were lower end but I did like my exiss. Wilson and merrit would be a different class altogether. I’ve never heard of pacesetter but I haven’t been in the know on aluminum trailers in awhile either. 

22 hours ago, Tmtbob said:

Years ago most of those trailers were made down here and to us it was known elite, Hart, cm, sundowner, and bloomer were top of the line and I’m sure there’s others I’m not thinking of that’s better quality. Sooner, featherlight, and exiss with a few others were lower end but I did like my exiss. Wilson and merrit would be a different class altogether. I’ve never heard of pacesetter but I haven’t been in the know on aluminum trailers in awhile either. 

I have a Hart GN stock trailer from 75 my dad picked up at the factory. It needs a little more tlc but hauled a lot of cows a lot of miles. But don't think I have ever seen another out here. Someone my dad got talking to at a bull sale had a new Hart. This fella spent a week or better in Chickasha OK looking in different trailer builders shops, and was telling any that listened Hart was the best deal. So my dad ordered this trailer,bought a new GMC pickup to pull it.