Led Shop Lighting

10 minutes ago, Old-F20 said:

4000 sq ft and roughly 114 lumens per sq foot. LED strip lights with clear covers. lights are just shy of 4 foot each and can link 10 together off 1 power cord. I have 208 lights total in my shop with 104 per half of the ceiling. 104 lights are pulling only 17 amps. Needless to say its pretty bright in there and was far cheaper than going the flourescent route, and a lot lower power bill. I bought these off Amazon and they came in 10 packs. I have right at $1400 for all the lights in the shop including the office, bathroom and utility room. This pic is half the building

20190202_140909.jpg

I like that light setup. Wouldnt have many dim spots that way.

i got all  mine free so i just use what i have, my shop is small - you guys have giant shops !!!!

i have all c9 flourescents i think its C9, they are the smaller tubes 

Here is a pic of my 36x60 addition. There are 6-200watt ufo led’s. They are 23000 lumens each. This is just storage. You probably will want more for a shop but you could make do with this amount of light. The problem with a continuous strip of lights like F-20 has is repairs. When one fails, you will have to start at the end taking them down. 

4A908B41-6D2D-488C-9913-7B45B88EAD0E.jpeg

I have the led "corncob" lights in my shop. I love them but they are pricey at $70 a pop.

11 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

Here is a pic of my 36x60 addition. There are 6-200watt ufo led’s. They are 23000 lumens each. This is just storage. You probably will want more for a shop but you could make do with this amount of light. The problem with a continuous strip of lights like F-20 has is repairs. When one fails, you will have to start at the end taking them down. 

4A908B41-6D2D-488C-9913-7B45B88EAD0E.jpeg

kinda wrong on that one. I have 8 light total in a line but in the middle i used one of the supplied 6 inch connector cords making it basically 4 per half of 1 strip. If i have a light fail i only ever have to move no more than 1 ever in that strip to get it out

2 hours ago, Old-F20 said:

kinda wrong on that one. I have 8 light total in a line but in the middle i used one of the supplied 6 inch connector cords making it basically 4 per half of 1 strip. If i have a light fail i only ever have to move no more than 1 ever in that strip to get it out

That's still one more than what I would have to remove. LOL That is pretty good thinking on your part because you know it's just a matter of time before they fail. I'll take 6 over 208 most any day. I don't have that much time.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:37 PM, WishIhada1466 said:

That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Yes it says they have no external drivers or ballast. There will be almost no storage in the shop as I need room for at least two projects at once with how difficult it is to get parts in a reasonable amount of time. Thanks 

We only bought a few of the old flouresent light style that convert to LED. We found you can get more LED for the dollar buying a stand alone LED light from the beginning. The fact that in the instructions you gut the housing, take the ballast out and discard it was a waist of time and money to me. We got some lights on Amazon that have worked nice so far

• Like 1