Sign in to follow this  
MTO

CBD

From what I'm reading  growing hemp is an art.

US based Charlottes Web only grows 300 acres while Europe's Stillcanna grows 12k acres

34 minutes ago, MTO said:

Don't understand. Need more what? Suggesting I use pot?

No I wasn’t, and if you do? I don’t care, just don’t drive

16 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Remember the film "Reefer Madness" from that time. 

209164277_reeferma.jpg.0ce96b7a49d6ecb7a7625c9e5989f0ae.jpg

1593015729_reefermad.jpg.0a7d23731ed361009a5ac9a50386c785.jpg

655921338_reefermadness.jpg.625929084e8896010dc535e80dc730b6.jpg

Well now I'm MORE inclined to try the marihuanas! Weird orgies and wild parties?? Count me in!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MTO said:

not a word or dollar is spent to stop their dispersal

Yes, but millions spent on developing, testing, and gaining approval with many good results. Upsides outweigh the downsides.

Those are the dollars spent to prevent dispersal.

8 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Buddy, if you think the plant you buy in the dispensary has not been widely modified, cross breed, altered, and enhanced you don’t need any more.

Same can be said for almost any crop we grow... Doesn't mean that they're no longer plants.  We've been breeding crops for desirable traits for centuries.  If there was a money tree, I'd still plant one even if it was gmo!!  Lol

• Like 2

Let me clarify the Federal legal status of hemp.  Any plant below 0.3 percent THC is NOT marijuana.  Congress changed the definition in the Farm Bill.  CBD oil is derived from hemp, not marijuana.  Therefore use of CBD oil will NOT disqualify you from purchasing a firearm since it is not illegal.  Now if it is over 0.3% it will.

3 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Let me clarify the Federal legal status of hemp.  Any plant below 0.3 percent THC is NOT marijuana.  Congress changed the definition in the Farm Bill.  CBD oil is derived from hemp, not marijuana.  Therefore use of CBD oil will NOT disqualify you from purchasing a firearm since it is not illegal.  Now if it is over 0.3% it will.

And despite this information, do whatever you want and give the government a big middle finger because it's not their job to protect you from yourself.

The argument for being "natural" doesn't carry the day. logically, one cannot blindly accept that something natural can't be harmful.

Just a list of the first things that come to my mind that occur naturally that are certainly poor for your health.

1. Asbestos
  2. Poppies
  3. anthracite
  4. silica
  5. red tide
  6. giant hogweed
  7. heather
  8. salt water
  9. crude oil
  10. snake venom/bee stings

Before anyone loses their mind and argues over what I *didn't* say, all I said was that the argument for weed because it's "natural" doesn't all alone mean it's healthy to ingest or absorb. If you want to rationalize the substance, another argument is needed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

Same can be said for almost any crop we grow... Doesn't mean that they're no longer plants.  We've been breeding crops for desirable traits for centuries.  If there was a money tree, I'd still plant one even if it was gmo!!  Lol

I agree very much.  And the same people shopping in the organic section of the local supermarket and protesting against GMO and the people here who farm are going to the local dispensary, buying a plant that has never touched soil, and is genetically modified when they buy pot.  The hypocrisy of the $hit heads doing this is all to common here.     

My rub against the original remark, and if I was off base or took it wrong I apologize, is people thinking pot is all natural and organic.  When the cultivation and growing is more like a test tube, it’s is more like cooking meth than farming.

By the way, my stance is to let it be legal.  People are going to do it anyways, and in my opinion alcohol is a much larger evil in our community.  I have never heard of someone going home and smoking a few bowls, then beating his wife.  But until we can have a reliable test for under the influence, not present in the last 30 days, it will remain banned at a federal and some job levels

wow.  What a ramble,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

We start dieing the day we’re born.....

True.  But my favorite reply to this is you only die once, you can live everyday

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

I agree very much.  And the same people shopping in the organic section of the local supermarket and protesting against GMO and the people here who farm are going to the local dispensary, buying a plant that has never touched soil, and is genetically modified when they buy pot.  The hypocrisy of the $hit heads doing this is all to common here.     

I have never heard of someone going home and smoking a few bowls, then beating his wife.  But until we can have a reliable test for under the influence, not present in the last 30 days, it will remain banned at a federal and some job levels

wow.  What a ramble,

Lol. Buddy used to be a cop in a smaller town. Said he would rather pull over a stoner than a drunk any day. Said the stoners never wanted to fight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

True.  But my favorite reply to this is you only die once, you can live everyday

I don’t know, RBG is supposedly still alive......

28 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

Lol. Buddy used to be a cop in a smaller town. Said he would rather pull over a stoner than a drunk any day. Said the stoners never wanted to fight. 

Agree

Booze is a much worse addiction.

But if this stuff can relieve pain/tremors for 1 in 10 sufferers that's great

Couldn't care less where/how it's grown/processed or how much $ goes in others pockets.

We are all searching for comfort every day we live