Sign in to follow this  
MTO

CBD

Mailman gave me neighbor's copy of American  Investor magazine. Intriguing stuff.

"Experts" have plenty to say bout  CBD.

And about this Canadian  fella , no not Hot Plug, named Jason Dussault. 

Many feel CBD  is just in it infancy

8 hours ago, MTO said:

Mailman gave me neighbor's copy of American  Investor magazine. Intriguing stuff.

"Experts" have plenty to say bout  CBD.

And about this Canadian  fella , no not Hot Plug, named Jason Dussault. 

Many feel CBD  is just in it infancy

As an investment opportunity, perhaps it’s something to look at. As a grower, I wouldn’t have anything to do with it. 

• Like 1

I feel like the pot stock bandwagon  should have been jumped on a couple years ago, maybe it isn’t too late, but if a fellow had been paying attention...maybe CBD is gonna be as big, but it seems to me if it was such a wonder substance there would be more old hippies, and we would have already  been using it for a long time now. I can’t help but wonder if it is a fad. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I feel like the pot stock bandwagon  should have been jumped on a couple years ago, maybe it isn’t too late, but if a fellow had been paying attention...maybe CBD is gonna be as big, but it seems to me if it was such a wonder substance there would be more old hippies, and we would have already  been using it for a long time now. I can’t help but wonder if it is a fad. 

Just like vaping. Will cause all kinds of health issues within 5 years 

• Like 2

Our grandchildren will wonder what we were thinking, like we wonder what our grandparents were thinking.

a9018b9471291087697cefd527acbd4e.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Right, how dare anyone use a plant when pharmaceuticals will do!

• Like 3

I don't have any experience with cbd but I'm hearing people claim it helps with almost every ailment a person could have. Seems like snake oil to me. I think investment is very risky.

• Like 2

Cannabis was in many medicines at the turn of the century

When drug companies began to grow, they solicited our potus in 1930 to have it banned as they had no control of it. Big pharma gave it the name marijuana to make it scary. 

We have had many drug breakthroughs and this legalization has allowed an OLD drug to be used again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, MTO said:

Cannabis was in many medicines at the turn of the century

Cocaine too. I'm not against any "natural" medicinals. It seems like if there is a buck to be made the products will get over touted or misrepresented. Jury's out for me on CBD. My wife who cares for the elderly is all for it. We have a friend in Colorado that works for a grower and producer of the CBD oil and has inundated us with literature  showing the benefits of CBD.  I am going without for now. Maybe it's the stigma of marijuana, I don't know, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth (pardon the pun)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Maybe it's the stigma of marijuana, I don't know, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth (pardon the pun)

The use of "marihuana" in American English increased dramatically in the 1930s, when it was preferred as an exotic-sounding alternative name during debates on the drug's use.[8] It has been suggested that in the United States the word was promoted by opponents of the drug, who wanted to stigmatize it with a "foreign-sounding name"

Google Harry Anslinger, first commissioner of the bureau of narcotics.

And Herbert Hoover`s commission on "marijuana"

Hoover was literally beaten into this legislation by big pharma.

• Like 1

I am all for research and development of medical advances, and it seems everything can be abused or have unintended consequences.  I've been using a salve made from cannabis, and it has been great for a sore shoulder, lower back pain, and when I injured my wrist it helped greatly.  Almost instantly relieved a good deal of my pain, no side effects noted.  And no prescription needed!  It may not work for everyone, but I'm sold on it.

• Like 1

Recreational pot as well as Cbd is legal in Ohio. However I was told that since it is still illegal by the Fed you would have to mark that you used either form  of it on the federal paper work to by a firearm thus making it illegal to buy a firearm. I would assume that is true in any state where it is legal. Any body have any info on this?

Dennis

3 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

Recreational pot as well as Cbd is legal in Ohio. However I was told that since it is still illegal by the Fed you would have to mark that you used either form  of it on the federal paper work to by a firearm thus making it illegal to buy a firearm. I would assume that is true in any state where it is legal. Any body have any info on this?

Dennis

Even tho "medical marijuana" is legal in many states, this is NOT cannibus oil.

I have seen what true oil can do.

Hundreds of times more potent than smokin a doobie.

When the doctor tells me I have cancer, they ain`t plumbing toxic chemicals into me.

Never took a hit in my life.

But this stuff is extraordinary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MTO said:

Even tho "medical marijuana" is legal in many states, this is NOT cannibus oil.

I have seen what true oil can do.

Hundreds of times more potent than smokin a doobie.

When the doctor tells me I have cancer, they ain`t plumbing toxic chemicals into me.

Never took a hit in my life.

But this stuff is extraordinary.

CBD is non-psychotic oil derived from Hemp NOT Marijuana plants.  Hemp is non-psychoic as well.  State Farm Bureau is getting pressured to "embrace" the marijuana growers since its legal here.  Hemp was taken in 4 years ago.  Issue is Fed says illegal...so we are looking at data for either argument to accept as is or continue the stance of no support for illegal crops.  

You go ahead and dont take the chems.  Friends family with the 12 year old gladly will use them since they work and are working at stopping her agressive bone cancer.  Cancer isnt a joke, they and I dont have time to try some "secret" oil/powder etc etc if I got a + diagnosis.  

The majority of drugs from Pharmacy world are just reincarnations of ancient things.  It is easier to make than to harvest and process X root and Y leaves from some tree/flower in some 3rd world jungle.

Not trying to pick fight.  Naturopath and Drugs all have their place.  I will say i lost count the elderly we know whom said piss on it and tossed all their meds in the crapper.  Feel better and are healthier now!  5 6 drugs all interacting made em sicker it seemed like.  But we also know people who refused meds and went essential oil and died quick.

Cbd....it is way to blown up for me to even think about it.  I would like to see how it does on muscle/joint pain though.  Ill have to ask my mom whos a 30 year nursing home nurse.  Also i never would trust a story thats health/ag related from the media.  Your right about the govt and banning drugs etc in the 30s.  Media helped em then.  Remember the "alar scare" from late 80s?  Yeah...family with orchards had not used it for 10 years iirc.  Almost a not used pesticide and news acted like it was killing 2000 a day.  No one ever died and is said "cause..alar".  Same with gmo crops etc etc.  

My .09cents

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jingles1928 said:

Dennis

From BATF form 4473. If you mark yes, FFL cannot transfer firearm to you no matter the legal status in your state. 

The questions reads:

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Yes or No

Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the stare where  you reside."

2012829659_4473maij.jpg.bac5bc809bab5853173795ff7ccbc6e4.jpg

• Thanks 2

Had a dr suggest I use CBD oil for pain in my knee last Jan. Used it for 2 mo, @ $150/mo. No relieve at all other than lightening my billfold.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

CBD is non-psychotic oil derived from Hemp NOT Marijuana plants.  Hemp is non-psychoic as well.  State Farm Bureau is getting pressured to "embrace" the marijuana growers since its legal here.  Hemp was taken in 4 years ago.  Issue is Fed says illegal...so we are looking at data for either argument to accept as is or continue the stance of no support for illegal crops.  

You go ahead and dont take the chems.  Friends family with the 12 year old gladly will use them since they work and are working at stopping her agressive bone cancer.  Cancer isnt a joke, they and I dont have time to try some "secret" oil/powder etc etc if I got a + diagnosis.  

The majority of drugs from Pharmacy world are just reincarnations of ancient things.  It is easier to make than to harvest and process X root and Y leaves from some tree/flower in some 3rd world jungle.

Not trying to pick fight.  Naturopath and Drugs all have their place.  I will say i lost count the elderly we know whom said piss on it and tossed all their meds in the crapper.  Feel better and are healthier now!  5 6 drugs all interacting made em sicker it seemed like.  But we also know people who refused meds and went essential oil and died quick.

Cbd....it is way to blown up for me to even think about it.  I would like to see how it does on muscle/joint pain though.  Ill have to ask my mom whos a 30 year nursing home nurse.  Also i never would trust a story thats health/ag related from the media.  Your right about the govt and banning drugs etc in the 30s.  Media helped em then.  Remember the "alar scare" from late 80s?  Yeah...family with orchards had not used it for 10 years iirc.  Almost a not used pesticide and news acted like it was killing 2000 a day.  No one ever died and is said "cause..alar".  Same with gmo crops etc etc.  

My .09cents

Hemp/ marijuana as I understand it are cousins in the plant world. The legality of growing hemp is a very thin line that these states are pushing with ( against?) the federal limits.

Hearsay from around here is that some of the hemp that was grown this year has exceeded that limit the state set determining the thc levels designating hemp from marijuana thus potentially putting these growers in a legal predicament.

The big push for growing hemp is from the corporate world telling everyone that cbd is the next best thing in the medical industry. Tomorrow’s aspirin if you will. The expectations are sky high for cbd. A lot of money has been spent pushing this stuff and my concern is where’s the downside and are the ones pushing it setting everyone up for the next Ponzi scheme? It isn’t being described as the next Gold rush for nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTO said:

The use of "marihuana" in American English increased dramatically in the 1930s, when it was preferred as an exotic-sounding alternative name during debates on the drug's use.[8] It has been suggested that in the United States the word was promoted by opponents of the drug, who wanted to stigmatize it with a "foreign-sounding name"

Remember the film "Reefer Madness" from that time. 

209164277_reeferma.jpg.0ce96b7a49d6ecb7a7625c9e5989f0ae.jpg

1593015729_reefermad.jpg.0a7d23731ed361009a5ac9a50386c785.jpg

655921338_reefermadness.jpg.625929084e8896010dc535e80dc730b6.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

Hemp/ marijuana as I understand it are cousins in the plant world. The legality of growing hemp is a very thin line that these states are pushing with ( against?) the federal limits.

Hearsay from around here is that some of the hemp that was grown this year has exceeded that limit the state set determining the thc levels designating hemp from marijuana thus potentially putting these growers in a legal predicament.

The big push for growing hemp is from the corporate world telling everyone that cbd is the next best thing in the medical industry. Tomorrow’s aspirin if you will. The expectations are sky high for cbd. A lot of money has been spent pushing this stuff and my concern is where’s the downside and are the ones pushing it setting everyone up for the next Ponzi scheme? It isn’t being described as the next Gold rush for nothing.

Kinda funny actually.  

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-11-04/authorities-destroy-10-million-plants-marijuana-hemp

Disced all of it down

Local county council lady was shocked when the regs we being lined up for legal pot.  She thought wed just grow it in fields like berries.  Unbelievable.....it has to be fenced 8'...have black cloth woven in wire...barbed wire top...Camaras...it a friking drug.  All the dealers And users wanna steal it.   Made illegal pot biz more lucrative.  So many regs on legal guys the price had to go up...annnd a 10% tax on top of regional sales taxes.  Now "back door" deals abound.

• Like 4

I find it odd that we embrace man made drugs that "help" us through illnesses and pain

With lengthy lists of life changing side effects and not a word or dollar is spent to stop their dispersal. 

But since big pharma spent millions to blacklist cannibus successfully for 80 years, we won't give it the time of day much less research it.

I did

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MTO said:

I find it odd that we embrace man made drugs that "help" us through illnesses and pain

With lengthy lists of life changing side effects and not a word or dollar is spent to stop their dispersal. 

But since big pharma spent millions to blacklist cannibus successfully for 80 years, we won't give it the time of day much less research it.

I did

Buddy, if you think the plant you buy in the dispensary has not been widely modified, cross breed, altered, and enhanced you don’t need any more.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

Buddy, if you think the plant you buy in the dispensary has not been widely modified, cross breed, altered, and enhanced you don’t need any more.

Don't understand. Need more what? Suggesting I use pot?