Jump to content
farmall55

Need help!! Identifying this 2row planter!!

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone need some help identifying this planter? Any idea of what model it is? Or what hitch it has on it? Tractor it was made for? I know the planter units are 185’s, any and all help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks again 

0791649E-3AD1-4E4B-846D-8EFABFAC53B0.jpeg

A36E4B5A-49E0-4829-9C5E-B3A46E75CF28.jpeg

66414272-E81A-4BFD-B306-AC7E6E66E6D3.jpeg

C0BC9876-D6B1-4947-9420-E7358056D230.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think that is something someone mixed parts together and made.  The 185 row units were stand alone units.  IH did offer them as multi row planter's on a toolbar, but not like that.  I'll gladly back off my claim if someone has evidence to the contrary, but I'm pretty sure that's a homemade set up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, J-Mech said:

I really think that is something someone mixed parts together and made.  The 185 row units were stand alone units.  IH did offer them as multi row planter's on a toolbar, but not like that.  I'll gladly back off my claim if someone has evidence to the contrary, but I'm pretty sure that's a homemade set up. 

Thanks for your input, I was thinking the same thing, I’ve never seen anything like it before? Does anyone know if they make fast hitch prongs that clamb onto the tool bar? Like to make it a 2 point fast hitch setup 👍 thanks again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did make some fast hitch prongs that would clamp to a diamond tool bar like you have. 
I also have a vague image in my head of some fast hitch prongs that would bolt to those brackets with the slotted hole that you have but been decades since I’ve seen those. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 65806 said:

They did make some fast hitch prongs that would clamp to a diamond tool bar like you have. 
I also have a vague image in my head of some fast hitch prongs that would bolt to those brackets with the slotted hole that you have but been decades since I’ve seen those. 

I was thinking the same thing, that they had a fast hitch that bolted to the slotted holes.

X2 on fast hitch prongs that bolt to the diamond toolbar. I know they had those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a set of FH prongs that will mount onto the diamond bar.  I think they made different offsets depending on the application. Mine came from a 463 cultivator. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

I have a set of FH prongs that will mount onto the diamond bar.  I think they made different offsets depending on the application. Mine came from a 463 cultivator. 

Would you possibly be interested in selling those? Thanks 

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

I have a set of FH prongs that will mount onto the diamond bar.  I think they made different offsets depending on the application. Mine came from a 463 cultivator. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, farmall55 said:

Would you possibly be interested in selling those? Thanks 

 

Not sure where you are located but these are pretty large and heavy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure I saw one of those sell at an auction a few years ago. It stuck out because it didn't look like or have a familiar IH Model number(250?) for a planter. Guy used it for sweet corn. I also have a pair of the diamond tool bar FH prongs but I'm using them on a Herd seeder.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pieces mounted to the toolbar are part of fast hitch prongs. The prongs bolt on and you can adjust fore to aft angle. If I think of it I'll get a picture of some today.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Not sure where you are located but these are pretty large and heavy. 

I’m located in Coventry ri 02816 where are you? Thanks again 

7 hours ago, IH Forever said:

The pieces mounted to the toolbar are part of fast hitch prongs. The prongs bolt on and you can adjust fore to aft angle. If I think of it I'll get a picture of some today.

That’s good to know!! I’d really appreciate it if you could get some pics so I know what they look like!! Thanks again appreciate it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, farmall55 said:

I’m located in Coventry ri 02816 where are you? Thanks again 

I am in Southern Illinois. No offense but I’m not really looking to sell these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, farmall55 said:

I’m located in Coventry ri 02816 where are you? Thanks again 

That’s good to know!! I’d really appreciate it if you could get some pics so I know what they look like!! Thanks again appreciate it 

These pictures are the points on a toolbar I have laying around. I think you are missing the actual fast hitch point.FFE4EFA7-DD2D-4B9B-BC69-53979744295C.thumb.jpeg.2ed55c7b2ead858224c6c36875a4cfbf.jpeg

B0822BC9-2B9C-436D-A95A-9D534636B6D5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

I am in Southern Illinois. No offense but I’m not really looking to sell these. 

No problem I understand! Thanks again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IH Forever said:

These pictures are the points on a toolbar I have laying around. I think you are missing the actual fast hitch point.FFE4EFA7-DD2D-4B9B-BC69-53979744295C.thumb.jpeg.2ed55c7b2ead858224c6c36875a4cfbf.jpeg

B0822BC9-2B9C-436D-A95A-9D534636B6D5.jpeg

Thanks for pics!! That’s what it looks like, fast hitch prongs are missing! You happen to be interested in selling yours by any chance? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, farmall55 said:

Thanks for pics!! That’s what it looks like, fast hitch prongs are missing! You happen to be interested in selling yours by any chance? Thanks

No....but I’d be interested in buying your planter.😊

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WP_20191130_004.thumb.jpg.2b3c872b6101200a88fc228f304f1421.jpg

Page 247: International Harvester Farm Equipment.

Product History 1831-1985

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 9:18 PM, J-Mech said:

I really think that is something someone mixed parts together and made.  The 185 row units were stand alone units.  IH did offer them as multi row planter's on a toolbar, but not like that.  I'll gladly back off my claim if someone has evidence to the contrary, but I'm pretty sure that's a homemade set up. 

In the 60s IH offered planters that you ordered what you wanted.  There were several in this area. Farmers were trying ridge till.   This looks like one. You picked the width of the toolbar. Then the hitch you needed. Then you picked if you needed tool extensions. On these you could put coulters, spring tines , row cleaners to name a few. Then you picked your planter unit and boxes for it.  Think they called them blackland planters. Uncle had one behind 560 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...