Question on H4 Mag coil specs (OMG another mag question)

Ok. Ok, ok  I know another question about magnetos and coils. I have looked here, there and over there too but I can't seem to find the any specs on my IH H4 coil resistance.

Anyone know what the acceptable ohms between the primary leads? And an acceptable ohms reading between a primary lead and the secondary lead?

Well poo!!! my 1980 something ohm meter just took a long walk off a short pier. Off to town in a snow storm

Img_3127a.jpg

Edited by Fat Dan

Ha ha that's the newer one that came out of my T9 which had a TD mag. The one that came out of  the 46 Adams was dated 7-44 but it has no continuity in the secondary winding. 😯

Img_3121a.jpg

mag9.jpg

I'm thinking your right about buying a new coil. 😕 the 003 ohms I bet is too low. Wonder where a guy could pick up one of them bad boys?

Just now, Fat Dan said:

I'm thinking your right about buying a new coil. 😕 the 003 ohms I bet is too low. Wonder where a guy could pick up one of them bad boys?

look carefully....reputable " ad  in old car mag.....  RPM

outside search of here...

. they are $$$$ and most are china ,once package is opened the door has hit you

• Like 1

Wells  Electronics,  parts number I used is IH-800 use to be about $45 ,not sure where to get it today 

• Like 1

WOW! Thankx everyone

I would have never checked NAPA for a coil. I looked for a condenser at the local NAPA, several years back, but the kid behind the counter was lacking the knowledge of condensers.

God said treat others as you want to be treated, yes Lord I agree but I must add - Ya just can't fix STUPID! 😮 Was that in my out loud voice.

Price is not too bad if you need to plow a foot of heavy sloppy snow/slush out of your driveway