lorenzo

Fly Scandinavian airlines

An actual photo of a  Scandinavian stewardess.

O how times have changed.

e64b011fb5009e484ddda06b7fadaede.thumb.jpg.3bb33c1e9290d6b85dd38d29e38c2ce5.jpg

On the other hand - from a critic of  SABENA, which was the Belgian national airline

"Such A Bloody Experience - Never Again"

and nowadays, we have to deal with this!.... sigh.

Dmnt40H.jpg

Thunder !  

Just now, MTO said:

or this...

Carlos Areces, Raúl Arévalo, and Javier Cámara in I'm So Excited

Is that you in the middle Mark? Wait! never mind! I really don't want to know!🤣

Rick

• Haha 2

I didn’t think Scandinavia got warm enough for that attire. You sure that wasn’t Hawaiian Airlines? 

• Haha 1

Shoot, you can't even get snacks or drinks on a plane anymore and you're jammed in like sardines. You think you're seeing anything like that on a airline today? 

This is what airline travel is today 

20191127_175236.jpg

• Haha 3

Stewardess with a sense of humor :

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Are they in the desert? Looks like there is parts of a camel there. Specifically his toes.

• Haha 4

That must have been back when the Mile High Club began  LOL

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, MTO said:

and nowadays, we have to deal with this!.... sigh.

Dmnt40H.jpg

Aaaannnnd?

Hey MTO, looks like that girl you dated in high school went on to have a successful career as a flight attendant. 

Never did get the darn jar off her head though😢🤪😄

1537985234_stewardess2.thumb.jpg.84652dab1fb2780a1e934a37a46378e8.jpg

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Sorry to ruin it but the woman on the left is an actual FA, the one on the right is a showgirl. SA NEVER had such an outfit.  

Here's some vintage SW:

2013-11-southwest-1970s.0.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Shoot, you can't even get snacks or drinks on a plane anymore and you're jammed in like sardines. You think you're seeing anything like that on a airline today? 

This is what airline travel is today 

20191127_175236.jpg

There is business class

10 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Aaaannnnd?

She’s saying; “ walk this way”

Could you imagine Mark walking that way in high heels 👠?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Back in the '70s I was working for Eastern when they expanded to the west coast. First class  "Trans-Con" service in our L1011s included roast beef carved at your seat and sometimes lobster. Was worth the ride for the booze, meal, and movie - shown on a real screen.

I position a lot and the best service I've had  is on Emirates, Etihad, and Singapore. US international not too bad in first, OK in business, non-existent in coach. Luckily it's business/first for me over 600 miles.

Eastern stew uniforms were bright colors then especially since we were the official airline of Disney World with lots of Florida traffic. When Frank Borman took over the stews went to an OD color they hated. It was rumored his wife chose them.That's about the time they started hiring more "guys". It was also when they stopped the only pretty girl policy. I remember vividly being in the employee cafeteria when a crop of new hires walked in. A mechanic or maybe ramp guy said rather loudly "What? Are they hiring them over the phone?"

• Like 2

Lufthansa is one of my favorites , usually blond haired blue eyed young beauties working on them , probably Dutch,

Quantas is real nice especially the admirals club .

Airline travel has changed drastically .

last week I was on  a Delta flight from Saltlake to Omaha and you didn’t even get a choice of a drink, couldn’t even buy one , all they had to offer was water and I got a tiny little bag of  cheesits .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lorenzo said:

But how did she fit on that tiny plane?  Is that where the craze of “airplane shorts” got started?

😁

• Haha 2

02A66543-BE3D-4BFF-8A5C-2F6206CEF5D8.thumb.jpeg.363c3f6d0a91ad40bd8a78540ac93d34.jpeg

What the heck is going on with the first and last one? Boots, gloves, and some kind of trench coat?  Some kind of space helmet from a science fiction movie? 

If I got on a plane and one of them walked down the isle I would think I’m in an episode of the Twilight Zone. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Lufthansa is one of my favorites

Depends on which airplane. The A340 lie-flat seats don't actually lie flat. They're at maybe 15 degrees head up. They have a foot board and you're jammed against it. German crew, most nice, some gate agents have a little Nazi attributes. Food better than domestic US.  Europe international business class is a standard 3 across with the center seat empty and descent leg room; Ok food, usually breakfast for me after connecting in FRA or MUC.

I haven't flown commercial since 1992. Between the seats (I'm 6'5"), the TSA and airport parking forget it. I'll drive,take Amtrak or if my employer needs me somewhere bad enough one of those Hawker 125's they pay a ridiculous amount of money to own and operate .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, New Englander said:

Sorry to ruin it but the woman on the left is an actual FA, the one on the right is a showgirl. SA NEVER had such an outfit.  

Here's some vintage SW:

2013-11-southwest-1970s.0.jpg

The second stewardess from the left looks exactly like a girl that I went to elementary school with and then graduated high school in  1970. She and her husband moved from North Carolina to Dallas , Texas area after their college years. She did become a flight attendant with Southwest Airlines and worked as an attendant until retirement a few years ago. I hope to see her at our 50 year high school reunion next summer. I'll be sure to ask her if she was in a photo of flight attendants who were wearing orange short outfits. 

• Thanks 1