Sign in to follow this  
MTO

Rooting around in the safe...

To show a friend my 22k hornet and sitting in the back,  forgotten, was my Model 94

If that gun could talk.

Dad bought it for me on my 13th Christmas

That gun saw it ALL.

Snow, rain, mud, knocked thorny brush aside, dropped down rocky banks, hung on my pickup gunrack for thousands of miles.

And there it was, sitting behind all the other guns that received love ,care and see little use

Can't guess how many boxes of shells exploded  in it's chamber.

Kinda made me sad thinking of the time that thing  hung on my back

Don't  use rifles  much anymore since I quit  killing every  creature  that crossed my path

My old 94

I swung  the door shut and locked it for another long spell.

• Like 4

You don’t have to be a killer to like shooting 

• Like 5

30-30?

With the title, I thought maybe you were looking for your stacks of hundreds with the oldest print dates?

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

30-30?

Yes 

10 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

With the title, I thought maybe you were looking for your stacks of hundreds with the oldest print dates?

Man, you got me mixed up with someone else!

Last stack of c-notes I saw, ex wife was shoving in her purse!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Maybe this will refresh your memory mark......just so happens i sold some hay today.....dont worry i wont see it for long either...lol

20191123_173648.jpg

• Like 1

I have a stack of older 100’s. 
if I keep them long enough they might be worth a hundred bucks. 

The $500 and $1000 bills were taken out of circulation in 1969.

I remember them/saw them but never earned one. 

The new bill coming soon though...

American Art Classics Pack of 10 - Donald Trump 2020 Re-Election Presidential Dollar Bill - Limited Edition Novelty Dollar Bill - The Best Gift Or Keepsake for Lovers of Our Great President

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

No picture😪

I have a small collection and I dont kill anything except maybe a yellow jacket if it stings me.

My oldest one dates back to the 1890s if I remember right. I sure wish they could tell me a story or two. 

• Like 2

Mark I don't know how you could root around in your safe, do you remove all the stacks of money first as not to topple them over on top of you first?  As much money as you have I'm invisioning Scrooge McDuck swimming in cash and gold coin!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Pete1468 said:

Mark I don't know how you could root around in your safe, do you remove all the stacks of money first as not to topple them over on top of you first?  As much money as you have I'm invisioning Scrooge McDuck swimming in cash and gold coin!

That is what I was seeing when I read the title, would have never thought it was about guns........although he is probably has a lot of gold bars in the portfolio too.

• Haha 1

You boys claiming I have a pot to pi$$ in have never been divorced, much less twice

🤔

Besides, I was reminiscing about my 94 WHICH I HID during both divorces which is why I still HAVE it.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

That is what I was seeing when I read the title, would have never thought it was about guns........although he is probably has a lot of gold bars in the portfolio too.

Gold in my teeth, yeah.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MTO said:

You boys claiming I have a pot to pi$$ in have never been divorced, much less twice

🤔

Besides, I was reminiscing about my 94 WHICH I HID during both divorces which is why I still HAVE it.

I was told you just bury the jars deeper after the first one and encrypt the treasure map a bit better? 

• Haha 2

This is what I was thinking.

Money-Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997716-350-259.jpg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

This is what I was thinking.

Money-Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997716-350-259.jpg

Figures   I've listened to YOUR  thinking...sigh.

image.gif.1b9f4a3104aa6e4441a91b8595d484d6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

MTO----

Thanks for the 2020 bill-----I hope to print several off today.  That is very generous of you!!!!👍

You must be an OK guy--------no matter what the rest of the board says about you???😏

And---your title of "Rooting Around" made me laugh thinking about fun from one of my Bar B Que cookings from 30 or so years ago held on Lake Washington (Mississippi).

The cook out was sponsored by a retired banker friend from Memphis who grew up here and still owned land here.  Two of the regulars in the crowd were:

Long time Sheriff Harvey Tackett and Lynwood Sandidge (longtime Case and later IHC farm equipment salesman).

Somewhere along the way-----it was determined by management that Lynwood and Harvey needed to be awarded the "ROOTIN AROUND" award.  Earl (the banker) acquired a couple of red plastic University of Arkansas Razorback hats and with a great "to do"-------the Rootin Around award was made to the Sheriff and Lynwood.  I wuz careful not to specifically mentioned what these old boys might be rootin around for (but made some subtle inferences).

The funny part comes now.  The local newspaper heard about  it-------and called me wanting more info on what these ol' boys might be rootin around for (knowing it was a big joke).  Luckily------my mind was still sharp back in those days and I quickly stated that the Sheriff was always "rootin around" for one more vote-------and Lynwood was always "rootin around" for one more tractor sale!!!!

A picture of them wearing the Hog hats at the (county jail) along with a story about the "Rootin Around" award made the front page of the newspaper.  The entire county got a big laugh from it.

Thanks for rekindling an old memory.

Keep on "rootin around" MTO!!!!

DD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTO---

In studying the 2020 bill and just adding my 20 cents worth:

Could you add under the inscription:

In God We Trust

"All others---pay Cash"

DD

• Haha 1