Sign in to follow this  
MTO

Any Cummins powered Titans out there?

Just saw one idling at the gas station.

Didn`t know Titans had a deezel option!

11 minutes ago, MTO said:

This is the last year for that option. My shop foreman has one, he uses it to pull his boat. He likes it

• Like 1

Have a friend that has one , loves it. But he is just a guy thats wanted a deezel truck and a 3500/350/250 size Chevy or Ford etc was tooooooo biiiig.......!ūü§Ē

• Haha 1

They didn't last long 

Ford could of had that motor but they picked the Navistar 6.0 instead.

I wonder if the person that made that choice got canned. 

40 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

They didn't last long 

No promoted if like most businesses, little guy takes the fall.....

• Haha 1

Not that surprised, the Cummins Nissan was kind of a truck without a defined purpose, advertised like a 3/4 ton but really no more capable than a 1/2.

I wonder if another manufacturer might aquire the rights to use that 5.0L Cummins since Nissan is dropping it?

IIRC, From the hype back at its release, it was a new from the pan up engine with a focus on being used in automotive applications, so I would think it would be quite capable.

Looking at the current market, with all the manufacturers offering a small 1/2 ton diesel, and the large diesels getting up around 1000 ftlb torque, 400+ hp, a middle point engine aimed at the 3/4 ton market might be a hit. 

Right engine . Wrong truck

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

They didn't last long 

The 5.0 Cummins was supposed to go in the Ram 1500 before the merger with Fiat. 

3 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

The 5.0 Cummins was supposed to go in the Ram 1500 before the merger with Fiat. 

The company I work for sells equipment to Cummins there was a small tech center operation were they developed that engine outside Columbus,IN

I was there installing some new equipment must have been around 1998-2000 they had a whole bunch of Ford trucks and vans they were testing that 5.0 motor in.

I think this precedes the Daimler Chrysler interest in this motor and a V6 as well

Cummings tooled up with government TARP money for them and got left at the alter when Fiat took over.

I heard rumors Fiat was going to use the Iveco built motors in the Ram Pick ups.

The US marketing group talked them out of it convincing them the Cummins name was the selling point. 

Europeans don't understand the US light truck market we are about to see alot of "lifestyle" pickups coming from overseas

• Like 2

wish they had fitted that cummins to the Nissan patrol, instead of the limp wristed 3.0L 4cyl

Saw a diesel titan advertised when they came out....hitched to a 30 foot gooseneck with dual wheel tandem axles and a 100 HP NH tractor on it in the dealer parking lot. 

On 11/25/2019 at 3:28 PM, 495man said:

Saw a diesel titan advertised when they came out....hitched to a 30 foot gooseneck with dual wheel tandem axles and a 100 HP NH tractor on it in the dealer parking lot. 

Ha! That flatbed took up half the towing capacity of the truck before you even add a load!!!

My girlfriends dad just bought one. 2018 paid 40 grand for it.  I was interested in learning about them when they came out. Didnt want one (love mother chevy) but was interested in learning about them.  What did it for me was when I walked up and it had a smaller frame than what was on my 08 chevy 1500.  

I was turned off since then.  I dont see why anyone would want a Nissan truck.  I'd buy a tundra over Nissan.   

Chris. 

On 11/25/2019 at 3:28 PM, 495man said:

I could hook our 30' tri axle behind our 91 F150 and load the 3788 or 9130 on it and take a picture. Doesn't mean it will pull it. Lol

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 5:43 PM, MTO said:

Now i know you live in western PA.  BUT !!  were in the world did you get a Z in Deezel  ?  it`s  Deesell ! 

Nevermind  ! ......   

HP 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hot Plug said:

Now i know you live in western PA.  BUT !!  were in the world did you get a Z in Deezel  ?  it`s  Deesell ! 

Nevermind  ! ......   

HP 

It's called the alphabet. They teach it below the line.

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2019 at 11:22 AM, MTO said:

It's called the alphabet. They teach it below the line.

Wrong again ......  " It`s called spelling "  Its mandatory above the  black line ......    Gawd ! 

HP 

• Haha 1

no Titan and not sure what the dodge 1/2 tons have in them but my neighbor has a ram with a diesel in it and loves it - i thot ford was comign out with a 1/2 ton diesel? 

Our lingo is quicker

Only need one letter here  to say "eh"

A?

• Haha 1

Nissan AKA Datsun = Dun too soon.............guys say the old GM's and Ford's rusted away fast, those stupid Datsun pickups melted away in the driveway overnight it seemed.

• Haha 1

When Data in blew into town, mini pickups were rare. They filled that void. 

Dated a girl in high school drove one with a stick.

She handled a stick well.

4 minutes ago, MTO said:

When Data in blew into town, mini pickups were rare. They filled that void. 

Dated a girl in high school drove one with a stick.

She handled a stick well.

My wife drove a 5spd Tonka Toy.......the Yota wasn't much better than the Datsun........but atleast it didn't melt away as fast.

Ford has a power stroke in 1/2 ton  don't know much about it.    Family was talking  about it over Thanksgiving .