Sign in to follow this  
ihman1468

Blue Jeans

I accidentally spilled diesel fuel on a brand new pair of blue jeans. I have washed them in the washing machine with extra soap and hot water. I can still smell the diesel fuel on them . How do i get the smell out. I dont want to toss them being brand new.

I say leave it, if a girl likes the smell ya know shes a keeper, if she dont like it send her packing

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Hey Wilson. Fuller Brush degreaser triple strength and hot water will take it right out. 

Jerry

Thanks Jerry

How many times have you washed them? Maybe repeated a few times. I am always getting diesel/gas/oil/recycled grass on mine and they come clean. think wife just uses Tide or something common. She has some kind of preclean/soak  stuff for a direct hit. Found out not to wash my dirty jeans with wife's unmentionables, she has low tolerance for that sort of thing. I'm am all in kind of guy, she sorts for lights and darks and other stuff I don't know why. Keeps me off laundry detail though😏😄

Oh, and if you can't get 'em clean, don't pitch 'em, mail 'em. I wear 32x34 and wife is used to way worse smells coming off me🤪😋

• Haha 1

I was going to suggest washing with a lot of baking soda? Sounds like the other stuff might work better

Wife uses Febreze fabric refresher made by Downy for clothes. Spray bottle, spray on spot, and throw in washer with rest of dirty clothes.Tide liquid.

Dennis

Dawn dish soap 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wi Ih said:

Dawn dish soap 

Not in a washing machine

Problem is the smell and residual stays in the washer for several loads when it happens to me I bless the laundromat in town.

Brake parts cleaner. My wife keeps a can by the washing machine. 

8 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Not in a washing machine

You guys have never cleaned up a pair of jeans with some soap and a power washer?  The high pressure blast will clean out stains a washing machine would never get, just keep the nozzle a safe distance so you don't tear/cut the denim with it.  

22 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

You guys have never cleaned up a pair of jeans with some soap and a power washer? 

Not jeans, but that will salvage some REALLY nasty car/pickup carpets.......

Mike

36 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Not in a washing machine

I always dribble little dawn and it let it soak,rinse it out in the sink to get most of soap out and then throw in the wash machine 

26 minutes ago, Wi Ih said:

I always dribble little dawn and it let it soak,rinse it out in the sink to get most of soap out and then throw in the wash machine 

Ok if you put it straight in washer bubble city....

Soak the spot in Simple Green and splash some Simple Green in the wash water. 

What’s the deal with dawn in a washing machine. We always use it on my greased up jeans and I’ll rub it in then let soak before I wash them. That’s what my wife does also and we have pretty good luck with it. 

• Thanks 1

873011094_wiferancherspants.thumb.jpg.c62b0904ac919732748999414d11c807.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, IHCPloughman said:

Soak the spot in Simple Green and splash some Simple Green in the wash water. 

Yep, she keeps the simple green right next to the washer.

10 hours ago, sandhiller said:

How many times have you washed them? Maybe repeated a few times. I am always getting diesel/gas/oil/recycled grass on mine and they come clean. think wife just uses Tide or something common. She has some kind of preclean/soak  stuff for a direct hit. Found out not to wash my dirty jeans with wife's unmentionables, she has low tolerance for that sort of thing. I'm am all in kind of guy, she sorts for lights and darks and other stuff I don't know why. Keeps me off laundry detail though😏😄

Oh, and if you can't get 'em clean, don't pitch 'em, mail 'em. I wear 32x34 and wife is used to way worse smells coming off me🤪😋

Same size as me sandhiller.  If I keep gaining weight I will have some to send to you 🙄

• Haha 1

I wash my hand with a citrus pumice hand cleaner then wipe it off on my Jean's or stick it directly on them. 

Do not wash with other cloths till you perfect a system, ask how I know.   Fueling dump truck a few months ago and wasn't holding nozzle.  It flew out doing a loop spraying everything including Me.  Washed cloths with others like normal and whole load smelled for about three washes.  I would do the hand dawn thing next time to get most of it off.

GF puts vinegar in ours to clean diesel soaked clothes

must work because she hates diesel and can smell a 3 day old track