Upper cab,no power 88 series

Mountain Heritage

On 11/20/2019 at 3:44 AM, Mountain Heritage said:

Wondering if there is another fuse for upper cab (fan, radio) in a 3688 other than the main fuses under steering column?  Had it blow before and had to replace 15 amp fuse under column and all was good afterwards.  Was out plowing yesterday, shut off tractor to trim trees and when restarted nothing up top worked.  Can't lay my hands on owners manual at the moment, sometimers setting I think!  I know its here somewhere.

When I was done plowingblast night, wasn't in the humour to start searching for fuses in the dark, not to mention I had hard time feeling my frozen feet.  Man, how did we used to do this on an open station tractor!!

i have a 5088, there are 3 fuses up top under the cab plate on the roof on my tractor, one on the radio and one on the fan cant remember what the other one was going to. Probably not likely all went at once tho. 

Ground solved the problem - hopefully for good!  Fathers did it this morning after doing soil samples. Says all upper stuff works now! ??

Thanks for the help guys!

• Like 1

Heres the one I use from Western snowplow/NAPA. I've used 4 so far with no trouble.  Made by Trambetta co. Yes in Mexico but what isnt. Trambetta used to make shut offs etc for Cummins etc. 

20191121_173302.jpg

I have had trouble using that snowplow type solenoid in the past, I got a starter solenoid at the local parts store.  The solenoid is heavy enough for the load but isn't rated for continuous duty.  After running for 5 hr straight it decided to start smoking.  That new style from CIH has been reliable, but can be a bear to mount and attach wires in the original Magnum's.  

On 11/23/2019 at 10:54 PM, Iowa5288 said:

I have had trouble using that snowplow type solenoid in the past, I got a starter solenoid at the local parts store.  The solenoid is heavy enough for the load but isn't rated for continuous duty.  After running for 5 hr straight it decided to start smoking.  That new style from CIH has been reliable, but can be a bear to mount and attach wires in the original Magnum's.  

Like this?

Magnum_Cab Solenoid_White_Rogers_.JPG

• Confused 1