nepoweshiekfarmalls

Nice original old 615

Nice clean one-owner from the Kellogg, IA area.  Shows very little use. Most every belt,etc, have IH part numbers on them. Always shedded. Runs and drives excellent.  Thought you guys would enjoy seeing this time capsule. 

20191104_122946.jpg

20191104_122923.jpg

20191104_122719.jpg

20191104_122850.jpg

20191104_123503.jpg

20191104_123554.jpg

20191104_123621.jpg

20191104_123247.jpg

20191104_123240.jpg

20191104_123257.jpg

20191104_122824.jpg

20191104_122752.jpg

• Like 7

That would be a fun unit to run.....just for the experience. Don’t you have a 615? Or am I thinking wrong? 

2 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

That would be a fun unit to run.....just for the experience

X2 I might be able to run it none of this new computer stuff.

7 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

That would be a fun unit to run.....just for the experience. Don’t you have a 615? Or am I thinking wrong? 

I have a 315 and a 915.

• Like 1

Thank you. That is neat

N

1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I have a 315 and a 915.

That’s right, I remember the 315 being mentioned. Well just get this 615 and then find a 7 & 815 and the 15 series is complete for you.

How do you like the 3 and 915 you have? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Wes806 said:

X2 I might be able to run it none of this new computer stuff.

I’m not an extreme tech person so that’s why I could run it lol. 

• Like 1

Looks really clean

26 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

That’s right, I remember the 315 being mentioned. Well just get this 615 and then find a 7 & 815 and the 15 series is complete for you.

How do you like the 3 and 915 you have? Just curious.

I’m not an extreme tech person so that’s why I could run it lol. 

Dad and grandpa purchased the 915 nearly new.  It was our main machine until we purchased the 1460 14 years ago. Still used for backup and oats. Never used the 315. Was given to me and I have never had a head for it!

Is that at the tractor yard? Trying to sell it?

3 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Is that at the tractor yard? Trying to sell it?

Send me a PM

Where is the header engagement lever? Looked for it next to separator lever.

Assume four cylinder engine?

That's an excellent example, thanks for posting the great pics.

Wes

7 minutes ago, Bleedinred said:

Wes

Might just have a switch if it had electric clutch.

54 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

I have the 715.  If someone buys the 615 then we can all get together and almost have the series.

957A6224-4B9F-4395-A6CE-C44410434281.jpeg

• Like 4

Doesn’t Long Farms have a 815? Or is it a 9? 

1 hour ago, Bleedinred said:

Wes

615 has a 263 6 cylinder gas engine.  Toggle switch on front edge of RH console for header.

1 hour ago, Bleedinred said:

Wes

Header engagement lever is in the picture looking down on control panel under the right armrest I believe. In the other picture of control panel the ratchet handle is either concave adj or cylinder speed IIRC. Also pretty sure 6 cylinder engine

5 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

615 has a 263 6 cylinder gas engine.  Toggle switch on front edge of RH console for header.

Ok so unloader is on left of seat not pictured, the lever I refered to must be concave adj.  The electric hdr dr clutch was an upgrade over 03 series. Been a long time ago !  :D

Wow that's a thing of beauty.......I haven't seen a 615 that nice in 30 years. I have a 715 hydro with a 310 with 1200 hours on it that's crazy clean an original that's a twin to that 615. it was bought new around 1977 or 78 by a guy that worked at the FARMALL plant an farmed on the side.  About 30 years ago I saw 615 with around 300 hours that was basically still brand new sell on an estate sale down by Roseville ILL. Never heard where it went but I hope it got well taken care of.  

After replacing the separator belt on my 6620 last week, that beauty looks like it would be a nice combine to work on.   

I spent too much time in a 453 hillside, a four way leveling machine, which was basically of 715 capacity. The lever under the right armrest was cylinder speed and the concave lever was down in there in front of it. Header was a similar lever next to separator engage and it was merely a belt tightener while the separator lever controlled a friction clutch running off the crankshaft. Also the hydro (all the 453s were hydrostatic drive) pump hung off that mess including the "unloading tube" drive belt pulley and were driven by a splined shaft that drove off the crankshaft. If the hydro pump was not aligned correctly the splines would eventually wear out and there it would sit dead in the field, sometimes leveled over one way or the other or front to back, sometimes in a sorta flat area. The reel speed control was a pipe that came up from the RH cab platform floor utilizing a round knob for control. 

The 453 and 1460 are the only IHs I have operated. Spent a lot of years running JD hillsides after that. The 02/22 series were a nightmare Cedar Farm. Working around the leveling gear took a lot of patience, just like standing on your head to work under the seat. I like the looks of the 615 setup, very simple variable belt drive. What a breath of fresh air.😀

Some guys here have a real nice 815 they bought back from second owner. That would be neat collection 315,615,715 815 915. Then 1420,40,60 80. 

• Like 1

That is a clean beautiful 615

I had a 615 for years was an excellent combine in fact I still have a brand new set of rasp bars for 615 when I sold it the guy was supposed to come back and get them and never picked them up, One thing that was bad on them if you engage the unloading auger and wanted to get out of the cab the handle with trip you

19 hours ago, cedar farm said:

After replacing the separator belt on my 6620 last week, that beauty looks like it would be a nice combine to work on.   

after running a 715 for 10 years, I will tell you they were not easy to work on.  the biggest problem was the hydraulic pump was between the back side of the engine and the grain tank.  you had to wait for the engine to cool or lay towels on the manifold to keep for burning yourself.  removing the hydraulic pump required cutting down wrenches due to no room to work.  rebuilding the front straw walker were just as bad.  changing pulleys to run wheat was a finger pincher.  the fuses were under the cab and exposed, lots of electric fun.   lots of other stuff.  not a fan of the 715.  I always say my best day farming is when the 715 went down the road and the 1620 showed up.  combing became fun again.

jmho

Duane