Loader bucket and frame weight

I've been looking for a loader for my 300 utility. I already have a front plow. I found this on fb market place. Ad says it's for a  300 or 350 utility. It's about 120 miles from me and I need to figure out how much it weighs and whether my utility trailer is strong enough to haul it. As you can see in the pics it's pretty old piece of equipment and I can't see any markings. I'm calling the owner tomorrow or Thursday to learn more. Having someone haul it that distance would probably push it out of my desired price range. I'm ok with your best semi-educated guess, it might help me get to an average. Thanks for your help! Paul 

Screenshot_20191113-162234_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20191113-162225_Facebook.jpg

6-700 lbs ? 

If you've got at least a single axle trailer with a 3500# axle, good 15" tires, good wheel bearings, and it's built appropriately for a trailer of that capacity, you will have no issues. In other words if it's not made from 6" channel steel or has a 3/8" steel deck, and already weighs 3000# empty...

Such a trailer gives you an easy 2000# of capacity. If that loader weighs 2000# I would be surprised. They were moving similar loaders around at an auction with a medium size Bobcat last Saturday and it was not even bouncing.

• Like 1

I doubt it hits a 1000lbs, the IH 2000 loader that I had on my 606 weighed in at under 1400lbs and is a lot larger and heavier.  If your trailer is 2 or 3K gvw it should be fine.

I had a similar loader off a FOrd 800  Total pain to put on and off.   Weight wise....probably less than my zero turn lawn mower.   Any small trailer should haul it just fine.

300 will never run it "well"

they built for front pumps (need ALL the parts) and dedicated self contained res/controls

including front bolster and axle mounts

they copied the IH/wagner...those parts were doable to fab

70 -90% could be there about, but if tractor gone  the intricate parts may have left with

price right....?  just find out what is missing and $$$ to find/make before jumping

as has been said 100s x  300 dont like these......anything not specifically made.to take abuse.....'80>

If i understand the situation correctly, what mmi is sayin is an independent crankshaft driven pump and self contained hyd system will run a loader faster (more volume and presure probably) than the tractors own hydraulic system. It will probably run it just be slow and perhaps short on resivour capacity? Idk ive never had one so im going on past discussions and reading between the lines.  This one may or may not have ever been set up with a crank driven pump? A few more responses by guys that do or have had them might help you. Depending on your expectations you may or may not be happy with it running off the tractors hydraulics.

On this one the tubular frame is the reservoir. Control valves are mounted on right upright. Pump is laying on ground in front of frame. What I don't see is drive shaft and couplers. Nor any mounting brackets. The brackets may be part of frame.

we had a koyker Super K on our 400 and it worked pretty good i thought, only a single tilt cylinder tho so wasnt very strong there. 

I see them around from time to time and easy to mount up. Id say that setup would be 750 to 900 lbs just guessing tho

On 11/14/2019 at 4:07 PM, snoshoe said:

On this one the tubular frame is the reservoir. Control valves are mounted on right upright. Pump is laying on ground in front of frame. What I don't see is drive shaft and couplers. Nor any mounting brackets. The brackets may be part of frame.

Thanks snoshoe I didn't know that the frame could  be the reservoir but it makes sense. I don't know much about loaders beyond the international  33a power loader (plow only) I have now so the missing drive shaft is new to me. I googled and see it's apparently a splined shaft but that's all I know. 

Searcyfarms. Does the loader I'm looking at resemble the koyker Super K you had?  My current plow is a bit of a wresting match to get on each year (I'm not getting any younger!) So it would be good to know that this isn't gonna be much worse. 

Everyone. What are the odds I can buy this loader and use the bucket and hydraulic remotes with my current international power loader. For the 2 or so years I've owned they tractor, come spring, I take the loader off and put the mower on the back. Thanks all. Paul (sorry for the upload pic failures. I'm using a loaner phone while mine is getting fixed)

20191116_094233.jpg

20191116_094732.jpg

20191116_095333.jpg

20191116_095758.jpg

• Like 1

That plow looks in pretty good shape for the age. I have not seen one like that before

I doubt the loader your looking at will be any easier to mount that the one you already have. So tou take the plow off the end of the loader in spring ? Or the arms and plow? You surely dont take the whole mounting frame off do you?  With a welder anything is possible as far as mounting that bucket and set of cylinders to your current loader.

3 hours ago, bitty said:

That plow looks in pretty good shape for the age. I have not seen one like that before

Thanks for the reply bitty. I've been looking for a loader for a while. Was happily surprised to see one pop up pretty close to and sized to fit my model tractor.  Just need to see if it is doable. 

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I doubt the loader your looking at will be any easier to mount that the one you already have. So tou take the plow off the end of the loader in spring ? Or the arms and plow? You surely dont take the whole mounting frame off do you?  With a welder anything is possible as far as mounting that bucket and set of cylinders to your current loader.

Iowaboy. Nope. I just remove the arms and plow. Actually, I don't remove the arms. I just disconnect the lower pins and  tie the arms back and upright to the frame.  

My long shot hope was that there was enough in the pics that shows how the new loader and hydraulics would fit right into my existing frame. Probably something that never happens but I'd figure I'd ask. Sometimes you get lucky!

Thanks for the reply. Paul 

7 hours ago, Paul 300 U said:

My long shot hope was that there was enough in the pics that shows how the new loader and hydraulics would fit right into my existing frame. Probably something that never happens but I'd figure I'd ask. Sometimes you get lucky!

Thanks for the reply. Paul 

The only hope of that is to find the same model you already have,is my guess. But most here have no fear of cutting and welding. But if you have no experience probably not the project to start with. But cutting and welding is about the only way get a bucket that will fit what you have.