Sign in to follow this  
redturbo

A tragic day for the IH family(Chapter 38)

Spring time neighbor passed away that my Dad grew up with.  I grew up with his daughters.  Before he went farming full time,  was an IH Blockman for abit.  I went & visited the family.  Asked the daughter that I was close to if Mom leaving the farm,  getting rid of his collection of IH tractors,  etc.  Couple months later she called me & Dad to help sell off the tractors.  He had 21 tractors in various conditions.  Manage to get rid of 20 so far.

I posted pictures of his tractors at our local IH show in July of this year.  He had a Super A that’s been getting a 18 year rebuild.  He wasn’t much of wrench,  but tried.  A young man with Dad,  brother & sister approached me about buying the Super A.  They came next week,  the widower was not concerned about money.  Sold the young man the tractor.  Never seen a boy so happy.  For the next couple months he has been working on it.  

Yesterday received a phone call that he passed at the age of 11 years old.  He was backing quad out of the garage.  Door was partially open.  Sounds like back of his head it the door.  His younger brother found him with face resting on the handle bars.   Took him off life support.  

Chapter 38 is looking in finishing the tractor for the family.  Not looking for any $ from the this online group.  Just passing on sad news,  had to tell someone/somebody.  Since the red power group is great family.  Bothers me to write this,  not sure the family is taking this.  The family that owned tractor was so happy it live on with a new owner.  

• Sad 12

Will be praying for the family

• Like 1

So sad. 11 is way too young.

Rick

• Like 1

Can't imagine ever having to go through that, we'll be thinking of them up here

oh goodness, im so sorry, i cant even imagine something like that, prayers/condolences - thanks for letting us know 

Oh, that sucks. The poor brother that found him like that. That's not something you forget. Way to young. My sympathies to the family.

A little over a week ago a acquaintance of my brother and I was playing hockey with his friends. He didn't feel well and went home. His wife needed to go to the store and asked him if he would be ok watching their 6 year old son. Went to the store came home and found the 6 year old son trying to wake his dad up out of the kitchen chair. He wasn't waking up. Come to find out he had  died while she was gone to the store. At that young age he doesn't understand where his Dad went and why he's not coming back. He also doesn't understand why he couldn't wake his Dad up. Dead at 32 years old. 

But these kids are going to have to probably have a lot of help and support to deal with the trauma 

• Sad 4

So sorry to hear this. Prayer's for them and the family's.

Not good, will keep the family in prayer. 

Sorry to hear, prayers for all

Please pass along our sincerest condolences to the family. 

These parents now have the honor of being parents of one of God’s Angels. When God calls a child home at such a young age it’s for a higher purpose than what we could ever imagine. 

My heartfelt sympathies for the family and my prayers for the brother who found him. Please keep him in your inner circle not just now but for a long while. 

Simply tragic. 

• Like 1

Tragic......prayers for the family and friends of the boy. 

Sorry to hear about this, will be thinking of them.

It’s a grim reminder of how fragile life is!

It’s sad to think about all the lives that will be affected by the loss of one! 

It can happen to anyone of us at anytime! 

Let the family know that they have my sincere condolences.

I’m sure they have everyone on this forum thinking of them! 

Dale

• Like 2

May God lay his hand on this family.

11 yrs old. Makes me simply cry.

• Like 1

I saw that on the facebook page, I sold some diskers to the kid"s dad a few years ago and I keep thinking I met the young kid while we were dealing and then when I bought the Farmall C from the collection redturbo was selling, I was happy to hear the kid got the tractor, nice to know younger kids than me like IH tractors

broke my heart to hear he passed away at such a young age 

Very sad to hear. The lord comforts him now to eternity.

• Like 1

What a tragic loss, both for his family and community, and the future of our nation.  Young guys with the drive and ambition to restore a tractor at eleven years old are a rare treasure.  Heaven is rejoicing the arrival of another of God's children, while the ones left behind are picking up the pieces.  They are in our thoughts and prayers, man life can sure be hard to take sometimes.  I hope that the Good Shepherd draws that family into His arms, surrounding them with a peace and comfort this world could never understand.

I  am wait to ask about such things when I get to heaven.

In the mean time will pray for the family.