vtfireman85

JD 1010c Value

Looking at a JD 1010c track loader, know just a bit about it. For one it has been stored indoors. It’s not run in 10 years or so, it’s gas powered, good chains and sprockets but badly worn pads that have been corked, bucket seems to be in fair shape, no winch, No rear PTO shaft. 

Heres the rub, it’s got no hydraulic oil in it, the owners son says it was drained to change it. I’m more inclined to think it was drained to unstick the clutches. But I don’t know that. Either way, can’t run it without hydro, so it’s kinda a gamble. Guy was pushing for an offer, I said 1000 knowing nothing else. He said he thought it was worth more. 

Only reason I’m interested is we have a sand pit and it is a pain to load the dump truck with the 385 tractor. So when the backhoe is on a job and we’re hauling sand it’s a nuisance. This would be handy to live at the pit. 

Walk

12 minutes ago, exSW said:

Walk

Run

nomorejohndeere 1010

it won't ever be handy

pic from before I knew that

DSCF0042 (1).JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Run

nomorejohndeere 1010

it won't ever be handy

pic from before I knew that

DSCF0042 (1).JPG

Why? 

Im not being argumentative, I’m just trying to make the right decision 

think my 2010 was < $1500  diesel operating....

350 late, is better option , but like red, both are quite a collection of NLA !!!

know the diesel takes the $$$$ NLA moulded sleeve kit as mentioned in another post 

right now I am offering 2x scrap for equip.(scrapper/reseller pays .6)

with that in mind

being on both sides of the equation when selling (dealers) think  you should pay them to take it.

been trying to sell a little used wood stove, MFG and parts available ,for 50% was accused last night of asking LIST !!

everyone (dealer) that looked, has shown up in $80-100K truck and wanted free or 2x profit on resale

(sold the 20 yr old NLA well used, 1st call)

2012_0101Image0484.JPG

2012_0101Image0467.JPG

2012_0101Image0466.JPG

It is a dry clutch machine. After 10 years for sure clutches are stuck. Tearing them down is major surgery. Most likely hydraulic oil leaked out. Otherwise why doesn't he put oil in and start it for you?

Undercarriage parts are hard to find, any parts for that matter and expensive. Would not even give scrap price for it.

• Like 1

Just now, townlineterry said:

It is a dry clutch machine. After 10 years for sure clutches are stuck. Tearing them down is major surgery. Most likely hydraulic oil leaked out. Otherwise why doesn't he put oil in and start it for you?

Undercarriage parts are hard to find, any parts for that matter and expensive. Would not even give scrap price for it.

thats why dealers dont and then charge $ 10x for a part

Can't keep the steering clutches adjusted, almost all listed for sale say something like "needs adjusted"

One adjustment affects another and you have to take a bunch of stuff off to access.  A bunch.

Rear end housings come loose from each other and crack, or crack and come loose, moving internals around in the process causing havoc

The engines are known to have issues and were abandoned for the next series so parts are expensive maybe rare

This one is gas so may be more desirable than diesel for that reason IDK

Since it's up the street get it and part it out

Mine had 3 pt and pto but PO had torched the pto shaft inside to do an internal repair to save having to take so much stuff off

Loved the T handle for the 6 way blade though.  

DSCF0048.JPG

Finals cases and bearing retention is a joke

Buddy traded a 2010 dozer for some labor. Got it running and took it out for an afternoon, barely made it back to the shed, slipping steering clutch and non-existent brakes. By the time he added up parts and realized what a job it is to repair, it went on CL and he took his losses.

I don't think one would be bad to cruise around threshing shows, maybe level your driveway from time to time. But if you have some actual work to do, you probably won't be sorry about spending the extra money to get a more modern machine. 

• Like 1

IIRC the 1010C wasn't considered a very good machine. I use to talk to a JD guy pretty often who loves his JD crawlers and he's the one who told me to run as far and as fast as I could away from the 1010's, both C and Wheel.

Considering the cost of rail and pads, or having the bushings turned you may be better off looking at a wheel loader.

Rick

So I take it from all of you that I should steer clear of this?😂

wasnt really in the market for anything anyway, this just cropped up, I’ve always found JD construction equipment to be pleasant  to use,  I really don’t need a headache anyway, got enough lately with the equipment I have to fix now. 

Not pushing you for or against VT , But I have baskets of steering clutch discs (good condition) ,trans parts, misc stuff for that machine sitting in dry storage

and they are yours for coffee money if needed

Located in Royalston Ma

• Thanks 1

I can add one to the list nice 2010 tractor loader/backhoe. All I know is it had flat tire cause it sat,a widow wanted it gone. My friend filled tires and started it and loaded it on his tilt bed. I said he could unload it here.It started and my SIL that operates heavy equipment played 5 minutes and says not that bad a old hoe.

Looked a week later,no water showing in radiator,but dipstick way over full that ugly yellow colored oil.Drained the oil,put a gallon of water in radiator,and had water running out of the pan.  Then I found out which family of engines it was and have not touched it. No simple way to put any other engine in it from what I found.

Anyone want it? Have thought about pouring block sealer in for fun. Have dealt with this series Deere almost an engine before and sleeves are known to erode by the o rings. Have also thought of putting the hoe on something else like the back of a D6,but that would be real unhandy to operate.

25 minutes ago, ray54 said:

I can add one to the list nice 2010 tractor loader/backhoe. All I know is it had flat tire cause it sat,a widow wanted it gone. My friend filled tires and started it and loaded it on his tilt bed. I said he could unload it here.It started and my SIL that operates heavy equipment played 5 minutes and says not that bad a old hoe.

Looked a week later,no water showing in radiator,but dipstick way over full that ugly yellow colored oil.Drained the oil,put a gallon of water in radiator,and had water running out of the pan.  Then I found out which family of engines it was and have not touched it. No simple way to put any other engine in it from what I found.

Anyone want it? Have thought about pouring block sealer in for fun. Have dealt with this series Deere almost an engine before and sleeves are known to erode by the o rings. Have also thought of putting the hoe on something else like the back of a D6,but that would be real unhandy to operate.

JD 55/95 combines built between 1957 and 1967 used the same engine as the 2010s except with 2 additional cylinders.  Someone ambitious enough could rob one out of a combine and butcher it into a 2010.  Still plenty of 95s around here to do that with.

The 95H is why I know more than I want to about 6 pack engines or in the 2010 i guess a 4 pack. I was told head gaskets are hard to find or really expensive. Put a 248 back in the 95 that had erosion on the bottom of sleeves on o ring groove with JB Weld. Work until the leaking Roosa Master pump got on fire from to much chaff sticking to the leaked fuel. No insurance so I saved the field and the machine except the engine.

Even the industrial tractor has no frame rails so I see no practical way to put a different engine in it. Would nice to have a hoe for all the little jobs that pop up. As well as a loader that doesn't bend.

Ya doesn’t look like my old 1010. 

John

On 11/14/2019 at 11:42 PM, mmi said:

X2 on the 440, I have one I work on sometimes, wheel TLB. I actually really like it, I’d really like to own it.