Hot allis

shieldslx

This was the fix I found.

BIL had an L2 Gleaner. It uses the same engine you are talking about.

It had pump issues so he had the Roosa Master overhauled.

It almost had no power and was a hard starter. It would hardly pull itself.

I called a friend of mine who had ran a diesel shop.

He said to bottom the leaf spring to give it all the fuel it could get.

I did so on the combine and got it back together.

It was like turning the key on.

Friend said that going by the pump specs will only give the issues you are experiencing.

The AC engines like all the fuel they can get.

That is apparently why Gleaners roll coal going down the field normally. They had to be over-fueled to run.

Give it a try.

The 7080 was rated at 2550 rpm to achieve the desired 180 hp. The power-shift wasn't approved by engineering for that high of rpm, so the 7060 is the biggest at 160 hp @ 2300 rated. When the new series came out, so many wanted a power-shift in the big tractor, they slowed the rpm down to 2400 rated, which lowered the rated hp slightly giving the engineers and sales depts something both could agree on lol! Most 8070's are putting out more than 170 pto hp. Pump specs have never been "off" in all my years of tractor wrenching, then pump shop wrenching, now owning. I do set things my own way depending on customer needs, but the spec is still pretty close. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Injpumped said:

The 7080 was rated at 2550 rpm to achieve the desired 180 hp. The power-shift wasn't approved by engineering for that high of rpm, so the 7060 is the biggest at 160 hp @ 2300 rated. When the new series came out, so many wanted a power-shift in the big tractor, they slowed the rpm down to 2400 rated, which lowered the rated hp slightly giving the engineers and sales depts something both could agree on lol! Most 8070's are putting out more than 170 pto hp. Pump specs have never been "off" in all my years of tractor wrenching, then pump shop wrenching, now owning. I do set things my own way depending on customer needs, but the spec is still pretty close. 

Another thing on the 8070s they went to ambac 100 pump? I know the 7080 used a roosa master right?  Guys that ran allis here liked them. A lot of old 7060s around

yes, the 8030/8050/8070 (426) came out using the M100, the 8010 with the 301 started out using the Roosa DM, then went to the M100 as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

They seem to be bringing more lately..............probably because I have been keeping an eye out for one.  There for awhile you could buy one for less than a '86 series for the most part.

There is a 4wd 7080 I think for sale in town with a degelman blade looks good at 35 I can get number if your interested...

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

They seem to be bringing more lately..............probably because I have been keeping an eye out for one.  There for awhile you could buy one for less than a '86 series for the most part.

too bad you arent closer to here this seems like a good unit 7080 Allis Chalmers been repowered with a 80 series motor. Good running rig just don't use it enough any more. New a.c. compressor new water pump. Everthing works. Need batteries. Asking 9500 w/duals

Guys, no 7000's......8000's only and must be powershift, the issue I have is it has to be cheap because if your a few grand away from a southern 50 or 55 series large frame Deere, I would go green.  The issue I have with those is the cab is to small for the boys to run it and me to fit in with them.  Really would like a 4 post 50 or 55 series Deere with a 15 spd, but the ones that aren't beat are salty.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mader656 said:

There is a 4wd 7080 I think for sale in town with a degelman blade looks good at 35 I can get number if your interested...

Guys, no 7000's......8000's only and must be powershift, the issue I have is it has to be cheap because if your a few grand away from a southern 50 or 55 series large frame Deere, I would go green.  The issue I have with those is the cab is to small for the boys to run it and me to fit in with them.  Really would like a 4 post 50 or 55 series Deere with a 15 spd, but the ones that aren't beat are salty.  

Its a 8010 

We had at 8050 powershift I'd never buy one again ...... Unless you really like wrenching on stuff I would stay away

14 hours ago, dale560 said:

Used to see one of these 4wds in the field here family was all allis with gleaner combines. Now they are John Deere. But you see some of the allis tractors haying yet. They farmed with it until 10 or so years ago

7EDDE52F-0661-4952-AC04-3BE38219374F.png

We had a guy with an 8550 and also had a new one that I don't know what happened to it, I drove the new one with a 33 foot Allis disc and thought it was a very lazy tractor to put it nicely and I was excited to drive it before I got the chance. It sounded nice ! very cool with 2 turbos is the best I can say

The other one was bad news for the owner- he couldn't keep drop boxes in it. The next model was the 4wd-305  had the shaft and gear speeds through the drop boxes cut in half (I think I am remembering it correctly) I was never around any of them to know how that worked out 

Friend is a major Allis fan and owns 7 of them.   I ran one of his 8070 4wd powershifts when it turned 13000 hrs.   That was a year and a half ago.   They were using it on the grain cart a couple weeks ago because the 8550 had a flat. .  For its time the AC power shift is pretty sweet.   426 is rated at 2400 rpm in the 8070 and 2300 in an 8050.   Has good power from 1800 rpm on up but low end torque is less that what you would be used to from a 466.  My buddy has a 7040 that has over 20000 hrs but it is getting tired.  He is currently looking for a 4wd 8030 to replace the 7040 that runs his feed mixer as it is only 2wd.    Bottom line is that AC's are a great tractor and you can getting reliable service out of them.  I tried to buy an 4w220 at auction but it would have cost real money as others were bidding too.  The 426 does run out of power at those higher hp levels so the plan was to take it easy on that tractor but unfortunately I did not get it,