Looks cold outside 🥶

Got almost 8” of snow here last night. Sure am glad got beans done a few weeks ago. Lots of beans still out there too, gotta suck to say the least!  If snow could have stayed away for two weeks, corn and fall tillage would have been done and I too would have been watching the wood stove flicker away

Pretty sure you’re gonna hear about watching the snow cleaning this morning instead of joining in!

26 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

How come you’re not out there cleaning the snow off the car? 

That is what I was wondering?  When I had overflow of customer machines at the garage to work on, I would steal my wifes car spot in the garage at the house and put them there.  Of-course I would forget to tell her, she would come home, ready to pull in, there set 2 big X700 Deere garden tractors and a Farmall M for example so she would park outside, would always have to get up early and scrape the car and warm it up for her to leave for work.  If I stood in the window inside taking a picture she would have probably threw the ice scraper through the window!

• Haha 2

Looking out my front door 👀❄️

FE994C66-90E0-4875-BA2D-ED815DE2D1B6.jpeg

12 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

My better half took this picture a few minutes ago from her hotel window, she says it’s 21 degrees F there. 

Im sure someone here will recognized where this is.D807298B-046A-49D9-A73B-C0BD8C65F948.thumb.jpeg.b857387db14ecd7d7e5994b8400ae01b.jpeg

Looks like the horseshoe falls, The Canadian side! 

Probably staying at the Marriott on the falls. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

It looks just like that here too! 

It’s supposed to get colder and windy here as the day goes. 

How come you’re not out there cleaning the snow off the car? 

I can’t be to nice, she’ll expect more from me....She gets to experience that for a few minutes, I’m going to be in it all day trying to finish corn in the snow while it’s cold.

Supposed to be single digits tonight and windy and cold tomorrow...

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Might as well burn it , I watched it go down 11cents this week.

It’s because everyone grew so much better corn then they will tell you. Seed corn prices went up I found out a couple days ago. Sales person said there will probably be a shortage....likely story...

We had about 3.5” yesterday afternoon and evening with wind and falling temps. It was about 10° when I came to work. Roads were terrible since the pouring rain turned to snow. 

4" snow on the ground, -5 degrees but the sun is out and sposed to get to 51 degrees today, it's gonna have to hurry. Feed pickup is warmin' up the hydraulics to take some hay to the lovable red cows who are not happy on the south side of the river and are visiting the neighbors to see what he has to eat. See if I can lure them back and hold them till I get enough help to push them across the river to some very good aftergrass and hills that haven't been grazed all summer. 

Guess I can't blame them too much. If I was a cow I wouldn't want a "Niobrara teat dip" right now either. 😄

32 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

4" snow on the ground, -5 degrees but the sun is out and sposed to get to 51 degrees today, it's gonna have to hurry. Feed pickup is warmin' up the hydraulics to take some hay to the lovable red cows who are not happy on the south side of the river and are visiting the neighbors to see what he has to eat. See if I can lure them back and hold them till I get enough help to push them across the river to some very good aftergrass and hills that haven't been grazed all summer. 

Guess I can't blame them too much. If I was a cow I wouldn't want a "Niobrara teat dip" right now either. 😄

Do you move them on horse back?

9 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Is that the same white VW that I saw earlier this fall?

No, it’s a different one. That one still sits where you saw it not far from the incident....

About 8" here last night and still snowing lightly. Hopefully by the end of week can get going again. Just want the 2019 crop year to be over and  everything home and inside.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ky966boy said:

Do you move them on horse back?

First time this set of cows has seen anything bigger than a small creek.

Cake pickup with siren on other side and try to push with horses.

Won't even try until we get rid of the little ice floaties. I've seen horses not used to them getting dizzy and go down. 

Niobrara is a pretty fast flowing river, intimidating to animals not used to it.

IMG_20191112_080237542.thumb.jpg.fb26508600ddc3deb258e80c0d7026fb.jpg

4 hours ago, MTO said:

Well boys, it IS the middle of November. 

This occurs EVERY year!

Yep! And in 5 months it will start to go the other way

Cold enough here I've had the winter front on the truck over a week and have to plug stuff in. Winters here!