Sign in to follow this  
Mike H

Nov 10 1975

Been 44 years sense the Fitzgerald went down off of white fish point on the Big lake.

feel free to add to the thread

Mike

I was in High School then [wen I wasn't out in the woods]

Couldn't possibly be complete without this:

Enjoy

Mike

• Like 4

Yeah. I've sat on my Engine and watched Lakers cast off and depart . In November . Guys doing their job so we don't have to . They should be remembered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Interesting fact:

The length of the E. Fitz was greater than the depth of the water in which it sunk.

• Like 2

Never forget, Rest In Peace 

7 hours ago, Mike H said:

Been 44 years sense the Fitzgerald went down off of white fish point on the Big lake.

feel free to add to the thread

Mike

I was in High School then [wen I wasn't out in the woods]

I was  at Ludington , Mi that day and was looking at Lake Michigan.  The lake was VERY WILD.....I WAS 30 YEARS OLD............................

I've been up to lake superior several times and am always impressed.  Rest In Peace. Thx-Ace

7 hours ago, mikem said:

Couldn't possibly be complete without this:

Enjoy

Mike

That's always a good one. If you like music with a little heavier edge there is a really good cover by a band called Simon bar sinister.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

That's always a good one. If you like music with a little heavier edge there is a really good cover by a band called Simon bar sinister.

Heard a cover by The Headstones couple weeks ago, along the same lines, but heavier but pretty good too. Depends on taste.

We were just going to work when we heard the news, what a shock ! I remember seeing that ship load Taconite pellets many times at Silver Bay!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

I won't post the video here but there's a parody of the song out there.  For those that are interested use search words "video" "the whore of the Chrysler Lebaron".

My friend knows this guy.  The video was taken in a bar in Munising.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, D1206 said:

Heard a cover by The Headstones couple weeks ago, along the same lines, but heavier but pretty good too. Depends on taste.

I'll have to check that one out, thanks.

1 hour ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

I'll have to check that one out, thanks.

No prob, they did a cool version of Wilburys Tweeder & the monkey man a few years ago too. 

Song sends shivers down my spine. whenever I hear it I can't help but stop and think of the bravery of the men and the families left behind. 

My son is 7 and he has been obsessed with the Edmund Fitzgerald since I told him about it a year ago.  We listen to the Gordon Lightfoot song all the time and we watched the 1995 History Channel Documentary about it on Sunday.  He has made a several cardboard box replicas and drawings of the Mighty Fitz.  He even prays for the 29 men aboard every night at bedtime.  I'm guessing there aren't many other 2nd graders out there that know or care about a ship that sank 37 years before they were born....

• Like 2