Big red62

Fuel issue

I just purchased a 1086, when delivered it would not start. I have replaced the fuel filters, the return line and hand prime pump. It has a lower aux tank so I have filled it completely up. The fuel system has been completely bleed, if you hand pump about 25 times and a shot of ether, it starts and then runs out of fuel. Have checked injector lines and bled as well. I have done this repeatedly with the same results. Does the injector pump have a supply pump side and if so can it be replaced or do I need to replace the whole pump

The supply,transfer or charge pump is that part of the pump that the primer screws into. It always was available as an assembly. I have no idea what is available now.

Make sure you check the plastic line /or replace it from the filter base to the lower tank . Also the square /rubber seals on the steel lines from the filter base to the transfer pump . If the motor don't smoke when you first start turning it over or won't smoke the injection pump will need to be gone through . Check your timing and make sure it's at 18 degrees of so just pull the pump and send it to a fuel shop , don't buy anything from a reman business . 

Danny 

Fuel flows freely from the lower tank to the filter base. If you really pump the hand primer about 25 times, it runs and then dies from fuel starvation

Sounds to me like the governor shaft that drives the transfer pump snapped off. The transfer pump won't be turning, therefore will not pump. Was this a running tractor, or had it been sitting for an extended period of time? If you can keep it running with the primer pump, that would also confirm my theory. 

I'll have to test that on our 1086 as well. I'm 3 states away from the farm going to school and my uncle called asking for advice on it. He was using a 20ft bush hog and it died on him, he replaced both fuel filters and says there is plenty of fuel coming from the filter base. He also says when you hand prime it that it gets firm but then feels like it loses pressure again, still currently sitting in the field until I'm back home on Christmas break.