Sign in to follow this  
Rusty shackleford

Good luck deer hunting, post pics

Buddy's dad got this monster, and for around here it's a monster, they own alot of land and let there deer grow, it pays offScreenshot_20191211-180930_Snapchat.thumb.jpg.229011aebb23ff6cf7ba775e096c4df9.jpg

• Like 2

How's this for a garage decoration? Cousins garage, the two locked together were found dead that way. The rack on the lower left his dad shot the first year there was a season here in Iowa.

IMG_0314.JPG

• Like 2

Those locked bucks are a once in a lifetime thing

Edit added picture of the family's deer IMG_20191215_150429136.thumb.jpg.bef5462a9fd01da3b3a7e0218b80585c.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bitty said:

Those locked bucks are a once in a lifetime thing

Edit added picture of the family's deer IMG_20191215_150429136.thumb.jpg.bef5462a9fd01da3b3a7e0218b80585c.jpg

Great for the kids.  You guys hunt doe too or just buck?  Do you struggle with deer damage?  We just bought a larger place this year.  Multiple deer are out in the fields every day.  My wife decided she likes seeing them and we shouldnt try to exterminate them.  I harvested a buck and said one is all we need.  I hope we are not overrrun with damage next year from my decision not to use my 2 doe tags.  My son wants to start hunting next year which is pretty exciting.  

4 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

Great for the kids.  You guys hunt doe too or just buck?  Do you struggle with deer damage?  We just bought a larger place this year.  Multiple deer are out in the fields every day.  My wife decided she likes seeing them and we shouldnt try to exterminate them.  I harvested a buck and said one is all we need.  I hope we are not overrrun with damage next year from my decision not to use my 2 doe tags.  My son wants to start hunting next year which is pretty exciting.  

We shoot most of the doe in archery. We think it is easier to get mature doe and not button buck that way . We are under control now population wise . I would have let the kids shoot either buck or does. We mainly saw just buck this year while hunting. 

We got 7 buck this fall (6 in rifle, one archery) and 8 doe total.