7100 & 7200 Series Magnum

I have several customer tractors with that kit installed. To me it's no real advantage as you have to clutch during the F to R shuttle. Also a real pain to get / keep everything adjusted correctly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buy a Magnum for the powershift , yes the gear ratio is exactly the same between the two . If your looking for 7100 series find one that doesn't have the step in the engine oil filter . In 1991 they c

CaseIH called it "Manual shuttle shift". It was available from the factory on 1998-model 8900 series(last year of classic Magnum production). The factory CaseIH setup that used that gate also had a cl

He died of cancer earlier in the year.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

I have several customer tractors with that kit installed. To me it's no real advantage as you have to clutch during the F to R shuttle. Also a real pain to get / keep everything adjusted correctly. 

I often wondered how they were

1 hour ago, CIHTECH said:

I put a few of those in, IMO it helped a ton on certain jobs to run that gate quicker, and nearly everyone clutched on the direction change anyhow.  But keeping everything in adjustment is a requirement.  

It just looks weird!??  At least in my pea brain.  I guess maybe for a loader tractor it might be beneficial?  

First time I have ever seen this kit installed on tractors for sale.  Thanks for info guys!

2 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

It just looks weird!??  At least in my pea brain.  I guess maybe for a loader tractor it might be beneficial?  

First time I have ever seen this kit installed on tractors for sale.  Thanks for info guys!

I have 1 and have had 2 with the shuttle plate.  I would 100% never own another without it.  Going all the way to 1st make 0 sense and besides just long days 1 gear pulling the standard set up is poor ergonomic.  My 7140 has 20k hr and had the plate from 9500 with 0 issues.  When its a loader or feeding tractor you almost never use the bottom 7 gears so why clank through?  I do not recall ever adjusting it.  The 8930 has had it for 5500 of it 11000hr and just this spring 18th takes a bonk.  So need to be readjusted.  Parts books show entire system for 89xx.  Was pretty complex and most just do the plate.  Makes it much nicer to operate.  Esp when pumping manure or doing road stuff.  We hit the clutch on all of our tractors even with shuttle...generally smoother directions change and my main tech said it can't hurt b/c it makes you slow down a tick and not flick it under loads.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

I have 1 and have had 2 with the shuttle plate.  I would 100% never own another without it.  Going all the way to 1st make 0 sense and besides just long days 1 gear pulling the standard set up is poor ergonomic.  My 7140 has 20k hr and had the plate from 9500 with 0 issues.  When its a loader or feeding tractor you almost never use the bottom 7 gears so why clank through?  I do not recall ever adjusting it.  The 8930 has had it for 5500 of it 11000hr and just this spring 18th takes a bonk.  So need to be readjusted.  Parts books show entire system for 89xx.  Was pretty complex and most just do the plate.  Makes it much nicer to operate.  Esp when pumping manure or doing road stuff.  We hit the clutch on all of our tractors even with shuttle...generally smoother directions change and my main tech said it can't hurt b/c it makes you slow down a tick and not flick it under loads.  

+1 on using the clutch IMO..............I thought it was a great thing for certain jobs too.  I couldn't imagine running up and down that gate in a older one without it, unless you ate alot of spinnach like pop eye.

CaseIH called it "Manual shuttle shift". It was available from the factory on 1998-model 8900 series(last year of classic Magnum production). The factory CaseIH setup that used that gate also had a clutch pedal switch that operated a solenoid-operated plunger under the plate. This was so that you HAD to use the clutch pedal in order to change directions. Simply flopping the transmission lever side-to-side could bypass the protection offered by the Master Clutch in the transmission...then the small powershift clutches were used as shuttle clutches...something they were never designed to do. This could/would lead to extensive transmission damage.

CIHTECH is right, some of them could be very touchy to keep in proper adjustment. We removed several of the solenoid/plunger setups or otherwise the lever would stick side-to-side; some were tough to adjust to get both 1st gear and 18th gear forward. I know CaseIH paid some dealers to change them back to the original setup when 8900s were new. For loader operation they were great, for other things not so good.

Here's some info on the factory setup on the 8900s.

C6648624-32DF-4553-847F-CEF9239644DE.jpeg

BF5B8642-5FAC-40BC-8453-E598AAB171D9.jpeg

71DD2004-113E-4D0F-A43A-B9C0B6D6CD29.jpeg

FC7B3AE9-8DD8-4895-A223-068286DBD329.jpeg

7E8A4B3D-B6BC-42F7-9386-77E172B7FE7E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3