Atilathehun99

Best Cover of Rock Ever

Ann Wilson shows she's not over the hill.  Her pipes remain sound.

And so you know the drummer, Jason Bonham, is the son of LZ's original drummer John Bhonham.  He did his dad well and honors his father in the video.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Couldn't watch it past the 2:01 mark.

Rick

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Rick

I predicted such a comment from someone regarding the cameo shots of those attending and .....DING!, DING!!!

OT you're the winner for posting a Debbie Downer comment in response into what was intended to be an example of honoring a landmark in rock history.

• Haha 1

Anne,like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

I predicted such a comment from someone regarding the cameo shots of those attending and .....DING!, DING!!!

OT you're the winner for posting a Debbie Downer comment in response into what was intended to be an example of honoring a landmark in rock history.

And? 

Rick

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Oh, I should add I seldom honor any entertainer. What besides making a bunch of money to do what they are paid to do, that is entertain us, have most of them ever done that comes close to deserving honor? Drink booze and snort coke?

Rick

2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Ann Wilson shows she's not over the hill.  Her pipes remain sound.

And so you know the drummer, Jason Bonham, is the son of LZ's original drummer John Bhonham.  He did his dad well and honors his father in the video.

I like when the artist doing a cover respects the original artist enough to sing it the way it written. Hate it when they chop it up or change to fit their own style. Ann did herself proud!

1 hour ago, exSW said:

Anne,like this.

That girl has pipes!!! Always loved Gretchen. Used to joke about getting her to come play for our rodeo dance after Circle C Rodeo. Have a new appreciation for her talents now. Thanks for putting that up!!! Might have to give her a call, see what she's doing Memorial day weekend 😁

• Like 3

Saw Heart live at a small outdoor venue in Hinckley a few years ago.  best concert I've ever been to, and I've  been feet away from Angus Young years ago at the Excel, that was 2nd best. Still rock out to any Heart song I hear on the radio.

• Like 1

Outstanding, I’m a big zeppelin fan, seen a few of the cover bands that do just zeppelin. They were good, but she’s pretty outstanding 

and there’s so much more of her to love than there once was. 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Rick

I'm with you on this one. I almost didn't make it that far.

39 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Outstanding, I’m a big zeppelin fan, seen a few of the cover bands that do just zeppelin. They were good, but she’s pretty outstanding 

and there’s so much more of her to love than there once was. 😉

Ya know you did pretty good when you can make Jimmy Page smile and giggle like a little kid.

Zep covers huh? Ignore the audience

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:04 PM, sandhiller said:

I like when the artist doing a cover respects the original artist enough to sing it the way it written. Hate it when they chop it up or change to fit their own style. Ann did herself proud!

That girl has pipes!!! Always loved Gretchen. Used to joke about getting her to come play for our rodeo dance after Circle C Rodeo. Have a new appreciation for her talents now. Thanks for putting that up!!! Might have to give her a call, see what she's doing Memorial day weekend 😁

When my kid rode pro bulls, Gretchen was doing a gig after a rodeo. He knew how much I liked her and got her to sign a can of Cope for me. She would only do it for a pinch out of his open can.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Ya know you did pretty good when you can make Jimmy Page smile and giggle like a little kid.

Yes, looks like him, Robert & John Paul approved, that’s pretty good. She did well on that tune. Heart has been big Zep fans for years too. When Ann & Nancy first got going,they were trail blazers in the rock world. Not many women fronting & playing like they did. You watch some of the old videos of crazy on you, barracuda & love alive( zep influence on this one for sure) they kicked it. No big light show, fancy costumes , they just came out singing & playing. Thanx for posting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Jimmy who? Who's that? Wait, never mind I really don't care.

Rick

Yeah, ok. Ot and yellow don't  like this music but many do. Allow us to do so and read another topic.  Tila, this stuff was part of our lives. And Gretchen nailed it!  Good stuff. And she fit them Levis nicely.

• Like 1

Oh I like the music. I just try to keep it in perspective. Most entertainers have the morals of an ally cat, use recreational drugs and try to drink as much as possible. Then they act like they are all important and try telling fans how to vote.

Rick

Ann an Nancy were easy on a teen age boys eyes too back then. I had several of their, are you ready “ cassette tapes”. Great music an she did a great job 

17 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Oh I like the music. I just try to keep it in perspective. Most entertainers have the morals of an ally cat, use recreational drugs and try to drink as much as possible. Then they act like they are all important and try telling fans how to vote.

Rick

A lot of 'em lived a pretty self destructive life style. Those that made it out the other end maybe got a little better perspective. 

58043970_alicecooper.thumb.jpg.69ecfdf7ff2ff00292c66d49b0f17ad0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MTO said:

Yeah, ok. Ot and yellow don't  like this music but many do. Allow us to do so and read another topic.  Tila, this stuff was part of our lives. And Gretchen nailed it!  Good stuff. And she fit them Levis nicely.

Yep. Agree.  That is what I did.  Change channels.

Ron

5 hours ago, MTO said:

The music you get enjoyment from is such an individual thing..... I tell others who don’t enjoy my kind of music “ if you enjoy your music as much as I enjoy mine, then I am happy for you”... 

31 minutes ago, north of 60 said:

The music you get enjoyment from is such an individual thing..... I tell others who don’t enjoy my kind of music “ if you enjoy your music as much as I enjoy mine, then I am happy for you”... 

LOL some people just don't get it. I like the music. Bout the only music I really don't care for is the old "tear in the beer" country, rap and some of the newer pop stuff. I love rock and country rock.

I just don't honor people who make their living that way for the reasons stated. You want hero worship? Then be a hero! Set the example for kids. Stay away from drugs, drink in moderation and keep yer zipper pulled up. Is it that hard?

Rick

On 11/8/2019 at 6:48 PM, oldtanker said:

Rick

I can only hear a song 700 million times untill I hate it,  I dont care who is singing , when stairway to heaven or smoke on the water comes on the radio I change the channel as fast as I can . 

I tried to listen and yes she did a heck of a job but 700 million times is all I can take . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great music, love it!  just in the presence of a large bunch of douche bags at the Kennedy center.

• Like 3

The music was fine. The audience made me want to gag. I'm sure those rainbows were not to honor Gods beautiful creation. And the X-POTUS.......I saw too much of him for 8 years.

• Like 3