Sledgehammer

Ever seen one of these?

10 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

How did the hydraulics operate on these? Most tractors of the era had 1 or 2 hydraulic outlets. Just try to figure out how you operated all the functions.

5 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Only needed one remote, they fed the valve stack on the backhoe........

^^^^exactly what TP said^^^^

32 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

^^^^exactly what TP said^^^^

And this worked ok with the hydraulics of a 70's era IH? I didn't think it was good for these to leave a remote locked on.

28 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

And this worked ok with the hydraulics of a 70's era IH? I didn't think it was good for these to leave a remote locked on.

Nope, will work just fine, the issues with open center tractors was trying to run a hydraulic motor with the lever locked on, makes heat and your flow to anything else on the other remotes next to zero.  This is just running oil through another valve and using it to run cylinders, as far as the tractor knows, its lifting a disk or plow.

Today the backhoe was worth $1900. I had to work but a buddy kept me up to date on A few results

Nice 1460 - $4000

Nice 886 - $8000

Clean 3388 w/“cracked lift plate” - $4900

H&S feed grinder - $30,250

Nice Gehl 250 manure spreader - $6500 

Dad needs a new manure spreader and I thought he would Get this one bought no problem. Dealer put a value on it at $3000-$3500. Auctions just go that way some times. Still on the hunt for a manure spreader.