Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

Helluva way to make a living

Beau Schueth. ( pron. Sheets) Wife and I have been good friends with his mom and dad since we were kids in three cornered pants. I fought bulls for a couple years when I was young but the level these guys and bulls are at now is unbelievable, humbling. I would challenge any of the multi million $ trash Talkin whiny a$$ed pro ballers to spend thirty seconds in Beau's cleats. Although not his best moment here, he is doing real well in the BFO. Wife keeps track of him.

IMG_3356.JPG.2c632737f0a2a23f83054da767368992.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That’s crazy!!!

He must get an adrenaline rush for sure! 

The things some guys do to make a living is beyond me! 

• Like 2

Bull riding has always puzzled me , i can understand the bronc riding, calf roping side of rodeo, but who decided that they needed to ride a bull ? Was their horse broke down , threw a shoe , run off with a pretty young filly ? There had to be alcohol involved or they were downwind from a cannibus brush fire.

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, from H to 80 said:

Bull riding has always puzzled me , i can understand the bronc riding, calf roping side of rodeo, but who decided that they needed to ride a bull ? Was their horse broke down , threw a shoe , run off with a pretty young filly ? There had to be alcohol involved or they were downwind from a cannibus brush fire.

Personally, I'd much rather risk death from a bull than have anything to do with a future sack of dog food.

19 minutes ago, from H to 80 said:

Pretty sure he's talking about bull fighting not riding. You know the clowns who are mobile human targets for the bull after he is done with the rider. I don't care to do either but I admit that I really admire those who do. 

First time I saw Miles Hare jump a bull I was like "W**?".I fought bulls in the practice pen when I absolutely had to but thank you no I'll stick to my pickup horse.

3 hours ago, from H to 80 said:

You know the story. "After a night of drinking. One cowboy says to the other. I bet you can't ride that bull. Other cowboy says "Hold my drink" thats how the sport was born.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Indy Farmer said:

Personally, I'd much rather risk death from a bull than have anything to do with a future sack of dog food.

Are you and me related and not know it? The most useful thing a horse has ever done is become dog food or believe it or not Asians like horse meat too. They buy up a bunch of old horses and send them overseas for meat.

4 hours ago, exSW said:

First time I saw Miles Hare jump a bull I was like "W**?".I fought bulls in the practice pen when I absolutely had to but thank you no I'll stick to my pickup horse.

At an after rodeo party one time he "dropped trau" and showed what happens when the bull he was attempting to jump got his head about 6" higher than Miles's crotch. "Why do you do this again" was a popular question that night. 

I ran into him years later breaking horses for a big ranch north of Whitman NE. Still the same old Miles but broken down from years of protecting bull riders and entertaining the crowds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Are you and me related and not know it? The most useful thing a horse has ever done is become dog food or believe it or not Asians like horse meat too. They buy up a bunch of old horses and send them overseas for meat.

The French too. When the horse for meat market was alive and well in the US most of them when to the dinner table in France. IMO the one redeeming quality of the French is that they eat horse......

Rick

3 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

You know the story. "After a night of drinking. One cowboy says to the other. I bet you can't ride that bull. Other cowboy says "Hold my drink" thats how the sport was born.

no no noooooooooooo - it was like this, two guys at rodeo, pretty girl walks by - they argue about who is going to get to ask her out, so they walk over to her and say - hey hold our drinks, who ever wins gets to ask you out - WATCH THIS!!!! - they leave to ride bulls, she dumps their drinks and goes home with her friends. Both guys end up in hospital. 

3 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

no no noooooooooooo - it was like this, two guys at rodeo, pretty girl walks by - they argue about who is going to get to ask her out, so they walk over to her and say - hey hold our drinks, who ever wins gets to ask you out - WATCH THIS!!!! - they leave to ride bulls, she dumps their drinks and goes home with her friends. Both guys end up in hospital. 

Where they proceed to pick up a pair of nurses

Bull riding----or bull fighting (clowns) is definitely a young man's game.  That's a looong 8 seconds!!!

For what its worth------the PBR championship rodeo in Las Vegas is on Direct TV channel 221 tonight (9:00 pm central time).  Watched it last night also-----tonight is the 3rd round.

DD

Dusty Tuckness  world champion bullfighter several times over hails from our littletown of meeteetse. bullfighters and clowns are totally different. clowns distract the bull and entertain the crowd. the fighter gets down and dirty and entertains the crowd

Dumb a$$es.........most pointless recreation out there IMO.  If they grew up milking Holestein cows in a tie stall barn and flew across the alley way a few times trying to tame a wild 1st calf heifer out of necessity that type of activity wouldn't have ever gone "Pro". 

9 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Dumb a$$es.........most pointless recreation out there IMO.  If they grew up milking Holestein cows in a tie stall barn and flew across the alley way a few times trying to tame a wild 1st calf heifer out of necessity that type of activity wouldn't have ever gone "Pro". 

Pays a lot more than milking cows. I always figured I was taking the same (or less) risks in a Rodeo arena that I was home on the farm. Or worse someone else's.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 4:46 AM, Indy Farmer said:

A bull is likely to grant your request. A horse will not try to grind you into the dirt after they throw you. 

On 11/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, exSW said:

Pays a lot more than milking cows. I always figured I was taking the same (or less) risks in a Rodeo arena that I was home on the farm. Or worse someone else's.

In the arena there are a lot of people to get your a$$ out of a jam if you get into one. 

At home working with cows and bulls by yourself. Well, any animal can be unpredictable. If things go south, you are on your own and it may not end well. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sandhiller said:

A bull is likely to grant your request. A horse will not try to grind you into the dirt after they throw you. 

Just as well, I'd just assume put them to good use as a bottle of glue or dog food.

39 minutes ago, Indy Farmer said:

Just as well, I'd just assume put them to good use as a bottle of glue or dog food.

Sad that you will never know the feel of a good cow horse beneath you working cattle. But I am glad you feel that way. If everyone appreciated the same things I do and wanted to live out here doing what I do, it would not be the heaven I think it is. Part of what makes it so great is we have very few people out here. Those who are willing to put up with the perceived negatives to enjoy the great way of life that I am living. Happy to live in "fly over" country😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Sad that you will never know the feel of a good cow horse beneath you working cattle. But I am glad you feel that way. If everyone appreciated the same things I do and wanted to live out here doing what I do, it would not be the heaven I think it is. Part of what makes it so great is we have very few people out here. Those who are willing to put up with the perceived negatives to enjoy the great way of life that I am living. Happy to live in "fly over" country😄

When i was young our road was a narrow gravel one and our little town had one flashing yellow light. Now it's a two lane blacktop road that these cidiots use  as a shortcut to Wal-Mart it was never as wide open here as western Nebraska, but i miss the way it was. The only time it slows down is when we get a big snow, i really enjoy those brief pauses in traffic.

• Like 3