KWRB

TD9 Fuel in Oil

This isn't my machine. It belongs to a very nice guy I've met recently, and he thought I would know what's up with it. Unfortunately, I've never owned one of these machine, yet.

He states the problem is the following: the machine starts up and runs just fine, but after five-ten hours' work, he notices fuel in the oil. He says he never sees white or blue smoke. He's worried about running it this way because he doesn't want the fuel to wash out the bearings. He's recently (a year or so ago?) had the crank ground and new bearings installed.

Are there any obvious scenarios that come to mind that might be causing the fuel to get into the oil, without smoking?

The injection pump is mounted to the front gearcase if the drive seal is leaking fuel can get into the crankcase from there.

• Like 1

try out side search for MB cat of here

some of those  IH have a little valve that sticks and floods pump

The injection pump is mounted to the front gearcase if the drive seal is leaking fuel can get into the crankcase from there.

unfortunately that can be most any pump esp RM

• Like 1

Sounds like the scavenger valve in infection pump is stuck I don’t have access to my manual 

like mentioned MB Cat was the expert and I think I remember him descussing this 

• Like 1