INTERNATIONAL 1466

1680 systems monitor help!

Looking for a good place to start looking for why our systems monitor doesn't always come on in our 1680. It is an 86 year model. The alarm will sound, but the lights don't come on. Sometimes it works, but most often the whole thing is dead. Hot or ground? Where should a guy start? Just got done repairing a customers combine that had mice do major damage. Haven't seen any damage and it never smells like mice. Hope that isn't my issue. Any leads much appreciated. Thanks!

KIMG1224.jpg

I would start at the battery. There are some separate feeds for some of electronics.

Way back when....I had a JD 7720 that the alarm would sound with no lights.  Finally figured out that the engine overtemp switch could also sound the alarm, and it was defective.  The engine temp would get up to about 200 deg, and the alarm would start chirping.   Replaced the sensor, and no more alarm.

IDK if the IH might be similar, this is a suggestion to consider.

Did you get it fixed?

On 11/6/2019 at 7:22 AM, Jeff-C-IL said:

Way back when....I had a JD 7720 that the alarm would sound with no lights.  Finally figured out that the engine overtemp switch could also sound the alarm, and it was defective.  The engine temp would get up to about 200 deg, and the alarm would start chirping.   Replaced the sensor, and no more alarm.

IDK if the IH might be similar, this is a suggestion to consider.

there's several things that made  the buzzer on 7720's sound , the parking brake and also the header engagement switch  I would start doing a power circuit test and see if there's power to the lights and then check grounds those are a pretty simple check to make