How Large (Gallons) 3pt Sprayer on 86 Series Tractors?

Asked a similar question on NAT...

3pt mounted sprayer, how large (gallons) do you hang off of your 86 series tractors and still keep the front end safely on the ground - especially in hills?

Thanks,

Bill

my buddy uses a 300gal tank on his 2-105 and i believe its a lil lighter than a 1086 w/cab - he has no front end weights but has legs on the tank brackets in case something bad happened 

2 hours ago, leeave96 said:

Asked a similar question on NAT...

3pt mounted sprayer, how large (gallons) do you hang off of your 86 series tractors and still keep the front end safely on the ground - especially in hills?

Thanks,

Bill

Depends how much weight is up front and the size your wanting

We used a 300 gallon sprayer on our 1086.  Made the front end light so we generally filled the rock box at least half full to make the handling safer.

I have a miller pro 300 gallon with 45 foot manual fold booms. With my 806 I need 1200 pounds of suitcase weights to balance it, and I can still ride a wheelie for a hundred yards by letting the clutch out too quickly in the field. A 66/86 series should be at least a little heavier in the front. Personally I try to run out some spray on straight level fields before I try the rougher areas. Or I only fill it to 200 gallons.