Sign in to follow this  
Cool1566

Harvest Progress

How is harvest moving along where you live? Good, bad, slow, stuff of nightmares? 

Mostly complete in Western Ky except for late soybeans on floodplain ground that were planted mid July. Weather here hasn’t been too bad but is wet now. 

Seeing more an more fields are combined. Still a fair amount out there tho. Behind for sure this year

Beans wont dry down. Corn wont dry down. My old junk keeps breaking down. Blew the engine(3208) in the one combine (30 miles from home). Brought in the backup machine. Yields are ho-hum so far and it's muddy.

But i am lovin every minute so far😁

Beans are getting finished, we are still fighting mud, some ground will need frost to get everything, corn is just starting, but it’s still wet!  Our corn is still 25% and up

Still some stuff in the fields around here. Late planted beans are still green in places. Several corn fields still standing. Ground is fairly wet in places. River was out just a little bit a few days ago. 

Maybe 10% of the beans and 5% of the corn in northeast Illinois done. Had 2” of rain then 7” of snow last week so pure mud everywhere. 

slow and wet here - fields soggy and damp grains hopefully this week will dry out some 

In my area in Southern Michigan its slow but we are making progress. A lot of beans are done but there is still a fair amount to go too. We finished soybeans over 2 weeks ago now and are well into corn with a ways to go. More corn to be ran yet than has been ran in my area. In the last week we had 2 inches of rain. The fields are mud now. Everything is coming to the road by the grain cart. Don't want to bury the Brent 544 and 7120 2wd (FWA 7120 is on the cart) Semi is useless out off of anything solid so it's job is to haul dry corn away from our bins since we dry our own and have more corn than bin space on the farm. Our corn is coming off good. Decent yields actually. Our wettest out of the field has been 21.7 moisture. Ive been down to 17 % moisture once with a lot running around 19%.

We started running again Saturday after last week's weather. Trying to get done before if this cold weather continues the lake effect snow machine cranks up.

Because of the late start this spring beans are now about finished.....BIL got done yesterday and he's always about the last guy done. Was in Fargo Friday. That's a 90 miles drive from rolling hills and so-so soil to the flats of the valley with deep rich soil. Saw one field with beans and they were combining that as we drove past. Track drive bine. Ground looked real wet. Had a tracked tractor pulling a tracked grain cart with trucks parked on a dirt road. Lot of corn out there. Looked like a few guys were getting a good start on it.

Rick

Wet ground, wet corn, wet beans. Few guys still chopping but most done. Would say beans are 70% done in the area( not ours😞), corn just starting to come off for high moisture, its still in the 30’s, some pushing 40%. Snowed out yesterday, rains or snows every day. Just want the 2019 crop season to be over

• Sad 1

We finished chopping corn last week. We started mowing 5th cutting and 3rd new seeding yesterday after church. Water running in many places on most all farms 

52 minutes ago, bitty said:

We finished chopping corn last week. We started mowing 5th cutting and 3rd new seeding yesterday after church. Water running in many places on most all farms 

Not worried about winter kill on those seedings?

8 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

Not worried about winter kill on those seedings?

I was heavily frosted already. The clover we are not really as worried about as the orchard grass.  We are cutting it fairly high. 

We are mowing all we can to try to get more feed. Going to chop some mulch hay off CREP that just came out last month

• Like 1

central wis most guys are done now with corn silage, the ground froze enough the last week to allow a lot of silage to be finished, a fair amount of soybeans were combined, very little corn, we cut some hay last week, but with the small amounts of rain and snow still out there, was close one day down to 63 percent moisture but a little wet for tower silo, maybe will have to rent a bagger, had corn appraised today all about 36 percent moisture, probably all that it will make is high moisture corn now, don't think it will ever get to the lows 20,s with this weather., surprising for as late as we planted corn it turned out okay, a good silage yield even the fields we planted at june 20th were ok for silage maybe 8 to 10 ton an acre. the later freezing date did help.

Talked to the guys who farm everything around the house the other day..............they finished completely.  Said the beans they took off this year were the best they ever harvested, corn was good, but had some low fields along the river under water in the spring that kept that from being the best ever.  They started planting shorter season varieties a few years back so they could get cover on, but with the weather patterns now, it looks like a better moved each and every year.  Everyone else around here is still working at it.  

I finished yesterday, a lot neighbors and the whole area have made a big difference the last week. If the weather holds, there won’t be much left around here in two weeks. Most corn has been in the twenties for moisture.

Corn (what little didn't flood ) is long done. Some beans are cut, probably 1/4. I'm about 1/2 done with my rice. I have never had rice mature this late. And it's a mud pit with standing water. Thx-Ace

We got a little merged and chopped earlier but then it showered too much. Hopefully tomorrow will be better 

IMG_20191105_091048484_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191105_091052204_HDR.jpg

We are going on beans here finally. The later planted ones just would not die. Then we got a couple good freezes  and that helped a bunch to kill them finally but then the weather has not been cooperative until just now I suspect a lot of beans will be cut this week they are finally getting down to the 13% mark.  There’s a lot of corn yet to go in the neighborhood but a lot has been done too so maybe 50% I don’t know 

4 hours ago, dumbfarmer said:

We are going on beans here finally. The later planted ones just would not die. Then we got a couple good freezes  and that helped a bunch to kill them finally but then the weather has not been cooperative until just now I suspect a lot of beans will be cut this week they are finally getting down to the 13% mark.  There’s a lot of corn yet to go in the neighborhood but a lot has been done too so maybe 50% I don’t know 

Same deal on our beans. Hauled 4 semi loads so far and they have been anywhere from 13% to 14%. At this point they are getting cut regardless of moisture level... 

Snowed out again today here in NY. 

6F767131-A93C-4B96-8303-46E953A170FA.jpeg

• Sad 4

only on hill ground around me, some corn out,  a few early beans out havent heard any yield reports so must not be setting any records, too much rain 

2 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

Snowed out again today here in NY. 

6F767131-A93C-4B96-8303-46E953A170FA.jpeg

Looks like you have a bit more on the ground than what I got here in Oswego county today. 

besides the snow, sharp looking 1460!

In Northern IL and Southern WI harvest is very slow.  LOTS of acres yet are to wet to even TRY to harvest, lest you get STUCK!!  Reported yields are at or below average too! Many many acres were never planted due to flood waters that have yet to recede.....