Kenny m

Case mx135 pto not working

Hi have a case mx 135 I bought with pto not working well sometimes it works but you never know when it's going to or not but when it dont work it want even come on for the 5 seconds and go off it just want come on at all. I've checked the codes a couple time today when I checked them I had a 14, 15, and 63 most of the time it's just 15 and 63 I have changed pto speed sensor and the coil on the on off valve I'm getting power on my switch and the engine tachometer seems to work perfect like i said some times it will come on but you never know when that might be any help would be great dealership tryed fixing it before auction had 30 hours in it and didn't get it figured out before sale day so was sold as is.

I’m pretty sure the PTO controller is supposed to be recalibrated to the alternator if the alternator has been replaced.  What does the green pto light do when the pto acts up?

• Like 2

I My pto light usually would come on for 5 seconds or so solid then start flashing now it is flashing soon as you engage pto

I have already tryed to re configure the pro its said it was done but the pto never came on during the configuration and and it didn't work after it was done

I would kinda lean toward the PTO switch being bad. Is it a lever or button style?  That stuff does go bad now and again. Just replaced the powershift switch in my MX170.  

4 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

I would kinda lean toward the PTO switch being bad. Is it a lever or button style?  That stuff does go bad now and again. Just replaced the powershift switch in my MX170.  

It is lever style when I kick it on the light continually flashes and if I get out of the seat the beeper goes off to me seems like the switch is working but could be wrong with test light when I engage pto it has 3 wires to switch 2 are hot with it off I engage switch it drops one and makes another one hot so there is still 2 wires hot engaged is that right

Anybody know how many volts the w terminal on alternator is supposed to have my tach works good but I only have 7 volts at w terminal 

47 minutes ago, Kenny m said:

Anybody know how many volts the w terminal on alternator is supposed to have my tach works good but I only have 7 volts at w terminal 

I believe that terminal is half wave rectified. So half of whats at battery terminal of alternator

Before you toss the FNR/PTO controller let me find and  post the alternator W post test procedure.  I’m near positive there is a test for that in the manual.  It will be tomorrow before I will get it posted.

Using a multi tester in hertz setting at idle you should be around 300 hertz an increase steady to about 1200 at high idle. 

Ok thank you I will say I have been told this tractor has had a new transmission and brakes done on it and the cab has been off and it could be wiring but I've traced wires and cant find nothing I'm not getting power out of the other side of computer now. I was at first now I'm not and the pto light just flashes constantly when engaged

Don’t be afraid to check and double check wire harnesses.  I had my MX150 start blowing FNR/PTO controller fuses last year, the problems was a shuttle solenoid power wire shorting on the side of transmission housing.  The harness was rubbing a hydraulic line just wrong.

I feel like it is simple it's just finding it apparently it didn't work when it came back from dealership the last time they worked on it from what I have gathered 

Done alternator test everything checked good been working on it for a couple days switch went bad on me it dont work no more I guess we have turned it on and off to much. And the on and off cartridge valve was stuck and wouldnt move witch may or may not have been the trouble the whole time got the parts ordered will see what happens. I still was not getting any power out of computer going to pto when the switch was working tho so still not sure about that.

Anybody know were I can get the lever style pto switch. went to dealer all they can get is the push pull they ordered me one but I would rather put original one on if I can still have no pto but the switch has started testing bad now

Surely it's still available from CNH. Just got one a couple weeks back. But if not try a McCormick dealer

16 hours ago, CIHTECH said:

Surely it's still available from CNH. Just got one a couple weeks back. But if not try a McCormick dealer

Do you have the part number for the one you got