Sign in to follow this  
red tractor fever

Ramp Day

Our house isn't very friendly for old people and pets. We have three entrances and all of them have steps. We also have two senior pets. Jasmine is now 14.25. And Milo is around 10. But he hasn't had a good life. He's been rehomed 3 times now. His first owner obviously didn't train him well. His second owner admitted to kicking him in the butt a lot so his back hips aren't the best. So we have a ramp out our south door leading to their kennel so they don't have to use the steps. As you will see in the pictures the old ramp had lived it's life. So we built a new one this afternoon. A little longer and a little wider. Milo's first trip down his new ramp went perfect as it's not near as steep as the old one.ย 

We built it on our flatbed trailer which served as a nice work bench. My knees don't work like they use to or we would've built it where it needed to be. And like we figured, after putting it together we couldn't carry it ourselves. So my skidloader got fired up to do the job. I told my wife we have machines to help us, we will use them.ย 

20191027_155614.jpg

20191027_155705.jpg

20191027_161002.jpg

20191027_161952.jpg

20191027_163612.jpg

20191027_163653.jpg

20191027_170523.jpg

20191027_170825.jpg

20191027_171535.jpg

• Like 13

U r a good man RTF.

A good man.

• Like 3

Very nice! Sweet, sweet dog. I am glad you found each other. I would like to meet up with his second owner and wear my leg out kicking his a$$ around the yard. I have no use for people like that.

• Like 2

Looks good I am sure they appreciate it. If it is over 40 or 50 pounds my little loader or shop crane picks it up.

Dennis

Looking good Waylon!! By the looks of the new ramp, itโ€™s heavy enough to load tractors as well!! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Nice job on the ramp! And i agree 100% on using machines when needed to save wear and tear on ourselves. Besides it helps justify the collection! ๐Ÿ™‚

20 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Very nice! Sweet, sweet dog. I am glad you found each other. I would like to meet up with his second owner and wear my leg out kicking his a$$ around the yard. I have no use for people like that.

I completely agree as I have no use for those kinds of people myself. And I would do the same if I could.

ย 

2 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

Looking good Waylon!! By the looks of the new ramp, itโ€™s heavy enough to load tractors as well!! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Thanks. And it probably would double as a small tractor ramp in a pinch. It's definitely over built for what it's for but that's just how I am. We wanted it solid so we built it accordingly.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.ย 

• Like 1

We have a ramp in our bedroom so the dogs can get on the bed. Kinda pathetic. It's 8 or 10 feet long and it's been there two years. every time we start to talk about getting rid of it, one of the dogs gets injured...

• Like 1

That wasย  time well spent.

I am sure there is a special place in heaven for animal caregivers andย  know there is a place in **** for their abusers.