I pulled an International T6 about ten years ago and it was a project I enjoyed. Had all the typical issues. Sat for many years disassembled in a feild for years, frozen steering clutches and main clutch, head required rework, pistons and sleeves were shot, all Hydraulic cylinders required rebuilding. Now nearly rebuilt, the unit can be worked and I enjoy taking it to fairs and engine shows.

Feild Shot A.JPG

Feild Shot B.JPG

P1010048.JPG

A.JPG

B.JPG

P1010274.JPG

PB200007.JPG

PB200010.JPG

Steering Clutch.JPG

P1010045.JPG

P1010047.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

T6 and 400.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. T6,

We have similar machines. I have not done as much as you have! Great work bringing it back to working condition! Your loader is very similar to mine. Made by ATECO I believe. Haven't seen to many of them here on the forum. It sure looks like a challenge to work on those clutch systems down between the frame of the loader. 

Thanks for the pictures! Glad your showing it! I may take mine to out local tractor show next summer. I have a friend that can haul it for me. 

Regards,

Chris

T6,

Forgot to mention. You did a nice job on your grill. I am surprised that yours doesn't have the big grill guard that mine has. But my grill looked like yours even with my grill guard??:) i do not have the rear ripper with mine. Not sure my uncle ever had it. In the sand and gravel business he didnt need it often. I don't ever remember seeing it either.

I have refurbed, cleaned and painted some areas of mine also. And left some areas alone too! Yours look like it may be in a better shape in the bucket joints and track undercarriage too.

Qw8PwrI.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Your about 2 hours + west of me.

Regards,

Chris

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sugarmaker said:

Mr. T6,

We have similar machines. I have not done as much as you have! Great work bringing it back to working condition! Your loader is very similar to mine. Made by ATECO I believe. Haven't seen to many of them here on the forum. It sure looks like a challenge to work on those clutch systems down between the frame of the loader. 

Thanks for the pictures! Glad your showing it! I may take mine to out local tractor show next summer. I have a friend that can haul it for me. 

Regards,

Chris

Please let me know what show you will be at, I love to see your T6, maybe get some phoyos of both together. Yours is the only other one I have ever seen with this attachment. I see now what has been cut off the top of my bucket. I do have the grill guard just like yours but I wasn't sure if it belonged, clearly it does. You have the pins on the upper arms and possibly the hooks on the rear for hanging the ripper bar, so I'm thinking yours had it at one time. Below is a link to a video of me at the lagrange Engine club show in Wellington Ohio. At the rnd of the video shows the ATECO tag who made the machine for the Greenville Steel Car of PA. seeing that you're in PA,  It could be that both of our machines were both used by Greenville Steel Car. Do you know the origin of your machine?

9 hours ago, sugarmaker said:

T6,

Forgot to mention. You did a nice job on your grill. I am surprised that yours doesn't have the big grill guard that mine has. But my grill looked like yours even with my grill guard??:) i do not have the rear ripper with mine. Not sure my uncle ever had it. In the sand and gravel business he didnt need it often. I don't ever remember seeing it either.

I have refurbed, cleaned and painted some areas of mine also. And left some areas alone too! Yours look like it may be in a better shape in the bucket joints and track undercarriage too.

Qw8PwrI.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Your about 2 hours + west of me.

Regards,

Chris

This summer I took it to the Historical construction equipment show that returns to Bowling Green Ohio every three years. This year they featured IH. I got to push dirt uphill with my T6 to and old Erie Bucyrus loader. Such fun. Below is a picture of the scarifier shanks in the ripper bar.

http://www.hcea.net/

Paul

KIMG2196.JPG

KIMG2181.JPG

KIMG2183.JPG

KIMG2191.JPG

KIMG2192.JPG

KIMG2194.JPG

KIMG2066.JPG

20 minutes ago, T6international said:

This summer I took it to the Historical construction equipment show that returns to Bowling Green Ohio every three years. This year they featured IH. I got to push dirt uphill with my T6 to and old Erie Bucyrus loader. Such fun. Below is a picture of the scarifier shanks in the ripper bar.

http://www.hcea.net/

Paul

KIMG2196.JPG

KIMG2181.JPG

KIMG2183.JPG

KIMG2191.JPG

KIMG2192.JPG

KIMG2194.JPG

KIMG2066.JPG

KIMG2198.JPG

KIMG2202.JPG

11 hours ago, louie figone said:

Very nice, you put a few hours into that project.

A few... LOL. (My wife was not a fan)

• Haha 1

T6,

OK I went back and read your post and answered some of my questions too! Yes this machine I have certianly may have come from Greenvile Steel car compamy which is only about 40 miles south of us!

I dont think they made a lot of these ATECO loder conversions or maybe they are still in the weeds or sheds like ours were. Love your scarifier! I have a thread on here with the TD6 as the focus of attention.

My local show is the Pioneer Steam and Gas Engine Society show held around July 20 th ish.  Near Sagertown PA. You can google it and maybe find some info. We have some dirt moving equipment that comes to the show too. We would love to have you come! Our feature tractor for 2020 is Ford. We have lots of room to play with dirt. I have not taken mine to a show yet! I dont have street pads.

I think your bucket is original. My uncle added the sides and the top on my TD6 to be able to load trucks faster with sand or gravel or lime!

Great pictures! Thanks for posting these! That is a very good one by the T6! Really shows the scale of these machines. They are not big, they just think they are!:) That TD24 is a beast. Our club has a TD-18 in the shop right now getting undercarriage and engine swap work done. Hope its back in a year from now. Probably wont be at the next show. Maybe 2021 summer show?

I thought if I ever had to do clutches I would pull the loader system off! You must have spent a lot of time on your head! Right now mine work and I try to get it going a couple times a year to make sure they are not froze up. 

Better take the wife out to a fancy restaurant! Mine is a saint! She puts up with my old iron problem! I just got another off color Persian Orange tractor, 3 weeks ago and have played with it almost every day!

You have a data plate next to the right side of the seat. Does it have info from ATECO (American Tractor Equipment COmpany)? I have a original sepia picture that was a promotional item I believe. (thanks for the close up and info on where yours came from. My Aunt is still alive and she would know where it came from too. I should call here for some back story!)

Look forward to sharing stories on these IH machines! Yours is very nice And I can Appreciate the amount of work you have put into it! Be careful jumping off those!

Regards,

Chris

• Thanks 1

T6,

That grill guard is heavy and if you have it on the tractor and take it off you for sure have second thoughts about putting it back on. I did mine once. It probably wont happen again? But all the bolts are now loose and it would come off pretty easy. You need a overhead crane for some of this stuff. It makes the cute tractor look like a rough goalie!

Wow and you did a in frame engine rebuild too! That's dedication. I would have pulled the engine I think!

Regards,

Chris

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sugarmaker said:

T6,

That grill guard is heavy and if you have it on the tractor and take it off you for sure have second thoughts about putting it back on. I did mine once. It probably wont happen again? But all the bolts are now loose and it would come off pretty easy. You need a overhead crane for some of this stuff. It makes the cute tractor look like a rough goalie!

Wow and you did a in frame engine rebuild too! That's dedication. I would have pulled the engine I think!

Regards,

Chris

Just pistions, rings, and sleeves. bottom end is good. Hydraulic pump is direct off the front of the crank and didn't want to risk messin with that. 

T6,

I had to remove the pump due to failed coupler. Still a lot of work to do the engine in the frame. After doing one (off color) on a engine stand, that was pretty easy. Even took it out a second time to work on the oil pump.:(

Regards,

Chris

Paul,

Do you have other in process pictures as you brought the T6 back? That first picture in the brush is a classic! These loader type machines keep appearing on here! 

Regards,

Chris

Chris. 

If you can post the sepia picture I love to see it and if you know of any links or input from your aunt about Greenville Steel Car, that would be great.

T6,

Left a call with my cousin but no word on the Greenville Steel Car connection. But sure makes sense from a location standpoint. My guess is that My uncle bought this TD6 in the late 50's. So maybe it would have been about 5 or 6 years old when he got it? Maybe about the time they would have bought a new machine with improved features??

So I dont have the whole back story on the original owner.

The sepia picture is in my TD6 dozer/loader thread. Will see if I can find it again and post here for you. Found it!

DSC06675.jpg

Regards,

Chris

• Like 1

That's awesome! Thank you.That is certainly the tractor. Back in 2012 I was able to get in touch with ATECO and to my surprise the president contacted me based in Calfiforina. He sent back this photo with his comment on the availibility of parts. But you photo is correct. I think its interesting yours is a TD6 and mine is a T6, I wonder if a comparison was being done? This summer we'll get our tractors together for some photos

KIMG2460.JPG

KIMG2461.JPG

T6,

Good stuff on these old tractors! Very interesting that they still have the drawings for these loaders. I wonder if they have the info on who bought these?Also wonder if they have numbers on how many were made?

Regards,

Chris

T6,

I noticed that your lights are a smaller size than mine but they look a lot like the lights in the picture of the ATECO Mulit-Loader sepia. Are they original to the tractor? That mulit-loader tractor looks a little light duty compared to viewing these heavy steel plated loader frames like we have. 

Have you considered adding the front grill guard back on? I see you have side shields too. Did you find or fab those?

Ok sow there is a tractor show in Astubula Ohio in Williamsfield July 3, 4, 5th.  This is Northwest Ohio area. I might be able to get Matt to bring my TD6 to that show? Its closer to me than to you but still in between us. Might be a spot to meet?? Nor sure what their feature tractor is for 2020? 

https://ashtabulaantiqueengineclub.com/

Doesnt match up with IH stuff this year. Doesnt mean we couldn't go??

or http://www.historicalengine.org/

in Burton on or around July 26-27 , they are featuring IH vs John Deere. So we would fit in there, to support the IH side.

Regards,

Chris

I wanted to put lights on my T6, so I fabbed up some aftermarket lamps. I only seen the original  lamps once on Ebay for ridicious money. Then much to my surprise,at the construction equipment show this summer a man approached me as I was near my machine and ask if I knew anyone looking for lamps. I couldn't believe it when he took me to his truck and he had six of them, two with mesh guards. I was so excited to get the origional lamps with the mesh guards for $60 it was only days later That I noticed I selected two slightly different lamp heads. (I could kick myself) but I'm going to refurbish them anyway and install them.

As far as the side covers on the engine, before I obtained a bobcat, I used to use it to claer snow in the winter, so I put sheetmetel on the sides if the engine. This helped to move engine heat back to the operator as it is an open cab. I keeping my eyes peeled for the origional luvered covers but I'm not holding my breath, but you never know.

This spring we'll select a show to get together. Right now my 1996 chevy 6.5 diesel is down so I'm not moving any equipment till I get it fixed, but I did get everything home for the winter. Time to fire up the wood stove in the garage and work in the man cave...lol

KIMG2462.JPG

KIMG2463.JPG

T6,

I see the slightly different style. In hind site you should have bought all six! Us crazy guys are looking for these. I still have one to add as a back up light, which I dont think wasa option. But my unit is not original just functional!

Regards,

Chris

19 hours ago, sugarmaker said:

T6,

I see the slightly different style. In hind site you should have bought all six! Us crazy guys are looking for these. I still have one to add as a back up light, which I dont think wasa option. But my unit is not original just functional!

Regards,

Chris

Beleive me I wanted to buy the lot. The sixty buck was all I had at the time...... Oh well.... I at least should have got his contact info. I was to excited about the find... silly me!!

very nice job on the rebuild. You and sugarmakers grill guard and 'lights make me jealous. I would like to find a 6 way blade assy. for my TD6 someday, right now id settle for the brass radiator neck piece sugarmaker found for his accidentally , sides would be nice to make also, i see in the parts catalog they are listed and seem like simple sheets of metal with j-locks on them, think if i called the IH dealer with the part number i could order them? lol, if you both wanna play in the dirt, anytime your bored, feel free to trailer up, load up the mrs and bring em over to Wisconsin, my dad's got plenty of logging roads to clear and move dirt to, bring the fish poles and ill supply the food and adult beverages. then sugarmaker can give me lessons on steering and brake adjustments, and check out the shack

Guys,

T6,

I dont think any one is going to know on the slightly differnt light. And if you get really realy desparte we might be able to make a deal and swap lights? I Think I have a mate to your red one, that I was going to use as my rear work light? Probably a picture of it in my thread some where?

DSDC,

Thanks for the invite. I dont have a trailer heavy enough to haul my little lug! Would be fun to play in the dirt for sure. Remember I am NOT a operator! I just own one of these old machines! As for the adjustments I took lessons from guys on here and had a good book in my hands which I followed the instructions for steering and brake adjustments. I was fortunate that mine did not have rusted up steering clutches, and there was still brake pads, to allow adjustments to happen. Mine now steers like it would have when it was 30 years old instead of like new!

Will be looking forward to info on making syrup too! Off to work in the sugarhouse.

Regards,

Chris