Ive got a #512 plow sitting out back and thought about putting it behind my 806LP since it has a FH on it. Anyone ever run this setup before? looking for info before i put in alot of unneeded work....lol

Don't get to close to the fence turning on the ends!  I have a 312, it does a good job. Just lacks the trash clearance of the newer plows & the steerable ones are nicer. Good luck & have fun. pictures please.100_1338-1.jpeg.c833cfbc34d09b5a5f9e38b7d0b494bf.jpeg

Well at least you'll be able to warm the 806 up good

One of my first memories is sitting on the back ledge of the cab in an 806D, pulling a 540 IH plow at night.   The muffler would glow cherry red, and flames extend 12" or so out the top....  Still have the plow.    

The 806 is a bit light for a 5 bottom in heavy clay.  I did some plowing in hay ground 5-6 years ago with the same combo, and it pulled HARD, but the ground was hard as a rock too.   A rain softened things up and then it pulled much better. 

As stated, the 500 series don't have the clearance the later 700's do, so if you are plowing in 200 bu corn stalks, likely isn't going to flow.

Other than that, that combo was like....THE plow combo for many farmers in the early 1970's around here.  

So I think a couple have been a touch confused. This is a question of running a #512 behind an 806 as a mater of setup . A #512 is not really a '500' series plow as far as Im concerned. Its basically what i call a '12 series plow which were all fasthitch with a wobble wheel in the back. 312 412 and 512 were in this group with the first digit designating how many bottoms it had. Ive got a #540 plow (4 bottom 500 series) so Im aware of them and how they setup behind an 06 series with FH.

here are pics of the plow Im referring too

20191101_200741.jpg

20191101_200805.jpg

Probably have to just hook it up and figure out where the furrow wheel will need to be moved to.  I seem to recall on here years ago one of the guys(BillOH or Richard Lantis maybe) said the 5 bottom the way it was built required quite the wide tread setting on the 560 to get the line of draft right and that might have not helped the 560 and it's already weak final drive.  

5/14s or 5/16s??.....

I'd start with tractor's inside rear furrow wheel set @  35" from centerline (PTO) of tractor for 14" bottoms .

& 40" from centerline to inside of rear tractor furrow wheel for 16" bottoms.

Set lateral limiters @ full sway for hitch.

Have tractor & plow set down on level/flat ground.

HEY,... IHC Ploughman (John) are you out there & give some feed back!

Mike Becker probably has a Op Manual @ 715-726-1942

Dad bought a brand new 806 with a 6-16" IH model 560? plow