Rusty shackleford

Anyone have 56 series cab in Minnesota?

I keep forgetting to ask................so is there some kind of modification for the pto handle to run to the inside of the cab on these or did you just have to open the back window and reach out to engage/disengage? 

I dont see a real obvious hole/route for the handle - yes i realize i could fabricate something to work and make holes but was just curious if im missing something ? 

Pto lever off of a Delux cab tractor? Moves the lever inside beside the seat.  I'm not real familiar with the non delux cabs, but I'd think it work work?  

I couldn't get the image to save, but if you Google "Pto lever 1066" it pops up, new for $56 plus $12 shipping on ebay 

bates corp part number 529143r1

• Thanks 1

529143R1a.jpg529143R1b.jpg

• Like 1

Can some one post some pics of ther tractor with this style pto lever on it so I cam see how its put together amd works?

• Like 1

yea me too id love to not have to open the back window when using my batwing to blow snow!!!! 

does it require something else to adapt to the lever/bracket?  or just to the rod that comes out, i thought about grinding a slot in teh cab and turning the lever 180 degrees for my current one on my 706 but it would be way down low until i made some adjustments to it

It's a direct fit. Requires no change in parts. I put them on our 806 and 865 (open stations) and I should have done it 25 years ago. I'm not near the garage tonight but I should be able to get pics tomorrow.  If you had to, the cut made into the cab would be very small, as the portion of the lever that transitions through the cab is right close to the upper casting. 

I don't have pictures. It attaches to rear of left hand seat support with just the pivot bolt. Remove pin from clevis on rod that comes up from valve and pin to this lever. Handle angles up forward by left side of seat. Much handier to use with or without a cab. Practically eliminates the sheared pin problem. The only downside there is a spring on the over center linkage. That spring is missing on a lot of these tractors. It is required with this lever. Other wise the forward weight of lever can keep valve in start position.

• Like 1

Terrible pic but it's all I had on this computer. The "black square" on the left side, is more left than where the lever goes. It's right close to the casting 

image.jpg

And he's right on the spring. It's a $30 spring  from the dealer, but if you go to Napa or any parts store, you can match one up that is 99% identical in physical size, appearance and function. One leg is long, it's a cut to fit spring. I've never used it...but I did match one up after I replaced three of them last year, before realizing the cost. 

6 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I couldn't get the image to save, but if you Google "Pto lever 1066" it pops up, new for $56 plus $12 shipping on ebay 

bates corp part number 529143r1

I need three of those... problem is I googled it and it says $110 

We hate the factory open station PTO lever 

6 minutes ago, bitty said:

I need three of those... problem is I googled it and it says $110 

We hate the factory open station PTO lever 

Ebay has it for 56 bucks with 13 shipping 

• Like 1

Yep.  I bought one off of a member here and one from that ebay link. I believe I got their last original one and the guy told me that they had reproduction ones in stock, same price, and those came with the bushing. Mine didn't. Same price, 

• Like 1

Upset about the dust/dirt/grease on this girl....but she was the only one not tucked away for winte, so here's what I got.  In the pic from the rear, the pivot bolt that holds  the lever on, that is into the only 3/8 hole in the casting in that area, and if your cab clears the open station style pto lever in that area, then I'd think it will clear this lever as well. So you'd be looking at only cutting the smallest access hole/trimming the side of that panel back, worst case scenario. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Original police don't get after you? I didn't ven know they existed until I joined RPF. Now I sleep with one eye open. 

2 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

Original police don't get after you? I didn't ven know they existed until I joined RPF. Now I sleep with one eye open. 

All I care is if it looks original, or should have been original 

$56, to have it right beside your hand, and not wrenching your body around reaching back, is 56 well spent. 

• Like 1

hmmm its not making sense to me but then again i cant picture things very well i have to see them and the picture makes me wonder how that is going to work when my pto lever that is on the outside of the tractor is over on the right side where the hydraulic levers are, mine is a 706 tho maybe its different than the 56 units 

1 minute ago, searcyfarms said:

hmmm its not making sense to me but then again i cant picture things very well i have to see them and the picture makes me wonder how that is going to work when my pto lever that is on the outside of the tractor is over on the right side where the hydraulic levers are, mine is a 706 tho maybe its different than the 56 units 

Follow the PTO handle on your tractor behind the seat. It passes through the seat support and ends up on the left side of the seat pushing the rod up and down to the PTO. Cab handle it is all on the same side to start with

X2.  Pop out the roll pins holding your right side lever in, slide it out, install left hand lever (one bolt) and it attaches right back to the linkage in the same place your other  one did with one pin.  Your 706 is the the same as my 806, and the left hand lever went right on in minutes. 

I started using cab style pto levers on open stations. Way easier to use. Less parts to buy and install. Open station pto handle parts are expensive. 

well i should have time to check it out closer this week, that sounds great - i do notice yes there is a pin in the handle so i know about that part so you guys got it nailed down then

The only thing I dont like about the style of lever is I always have kids with me and dont want them accidentally moving it