1440 green soybean stem issues

bjjk88

1 hour ago, bjjk88 said:

I have been cutting green stemmed soybeans with my 1440 and it's throwing out clumps of stems instead of spreading them evenly. I do not have a chopper only a beater. Is there anything help eliminate this problem?

are you running your rotor fast enough?

Yeah without a chopper that’s going to be pretty tough to do.  I’m guessing the clumps are more to the left side looking at the back of the machine?

500-550 is pretty slow for green stems. I just came in from cutting with our 1460 and was running between 650 and 690 to move the green stems through.

Put in a set of disrupters and will make a big difference 

Hy Capacity used to have these "Shark Tooth shredders". Not sure if they still do. It was a grate with sickle sections on it. 

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=61195&DisplayType=flat&setCookie=1

get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=29728&imagerotation=821

I'll second the shredder grate with notched bars on the rotor, if you have a chaff spreader it is hard to tell the difference between that and a chopper.  A lot of the thumping in the rotor goes away also.  It goes in place of the last grate.

I had a shark tooth grate and disrupters in our old 1480 and liked them both.  Dad and I thought it was close to a chopper.  I felt the disrupters helped with rumble some.

Choppers are better than beaters, no question.  But they take a lot of HP too.

You need to speed the rotor up for green stems though.  You should be up in the 700 RPM range unloaded in green stem beans. 

On 10/19/2019 at 7:01 AM, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Hy Capacity used to have these "Shark Tooth shredders". Not sure if they still do. It was a grate with sickle sections on it. 

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=61195&DisplayType=flat&setCookie=1

get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=29728&imagerotation=821

Any idea where a guy could purchase one of these? The link to Hy-Capicity doesn't bring up anything.

I know the person  that made these originally and he sold the rights to it to HyCapacity. They patented it and I also called HyCapacity just now and they are out of them and won't make any more the way it sounds. Maybe a used one could be found or make your own. 

Archived