Shipping container?

2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

We don’t have accents- only you southerners have accents 🤩😎

Well being in MN I can say I don't have a southern accent..... and on the plus side not being native to MN I don't sound like Ole!🤣

Rick

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

We don’t have accents- only you southerners have accents 🤩😎

Besides, don't you have to go and put a kaut of erl in your ca?😂🤣

Rick

22 hours ago, oldtanker said:

OH come on guys, You can be more creative than that! Some guy out it Seth's neck of the woods did this maxresdefault.jpg

You can find Youtube videos if you look.

Rick

here ANY of those stacked/built/covered ones would incur tax starting at $3K yr

no tax and free maybe.... but to buy there is $14K + into above (+ access to a $25K-100K machine to stack)....no tall/ wide equip and what are you storing on the upper floors you carried up narrow/steep stairs and need a path to get around........

temporary mobil...sure   5 minute safe from thieves ....what you want to store is too wide/tall......what you want to un-store is at the back..       can empty and rejigger/fill the 60 x 120 building faster than the   last 8 x 40 with horse equip we have left

My older uncle moves south for the winter. He had a neighbor offer to rent a few of his garages and out buildings for machinery, and the offer must have been pretty good as my uncle went and set up a 40' container on a concrete pad that he had to move some of his own stuff into, to clear out his main buildings. The place he bought it from set him up with some solar powered vents and fans? I think he said solar, although he set up electricity in there too I believe with some decent lighting and a few outlets. Anyway, I know they wanted it vented, (pretty sure the vents open and close on their own....used onthe  tops of RV's?) stating that in this ara of NY people have had condensation issues. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

My older uncle moves south for the winter. He had a neighbor offer to rent a few of his garages and out buildings for machinery, and the offer must have been pretty good as my uncle went and set up a 40' container on a concrete pad that he had to move some of his own stuff into, to clear out his main buildings. The place he bought it from set him up with some solar powered vents and fans? I think he said solar, although he set up electricity in there too I believe with some decent lighting and a few outlets. Anyway, I know they wanted it vented, (pretty sure the vents open and close on their own....used onthe  tops of RV's?) stating that in this ara of NY people have had condensation issues. 

That was what I was wondering about condensation with these. I could see how they could on days that are damp or wet 

I have 48" dry van's I store parts in. They are still on their wheels and don't have a condensation problem. I think because they are off the ground and air can move around. I looked at storage containers once and also wondered about condensation. 

We used em in the Army all the time. In Germany we had one per platoon behind the tank line. Never really had any condensation or leakage issues.

Rick

• Like 1
12 hours ago, AKwelder said:

We use shipping containers at work, they are called Connex here.  I think they have over a hundred of them in the yard and more scattered along the line.  They are great for storage, and I was hoping to buy some this spring.

they make several heights and three or more lengths.  20 footers are nice, 40 footers seem deep 

The one I have been using was slit by putting a internal wall in and a good quality 7 foot wide roll up door in end that didn't have the door. The coragations where used to hold the wall in place. No holes where put in the sides or top,I think the bottom plate was nailed into the floor. This was done to keep farm chemicals separate from anything else,as per state rules.   

Have also seen a roll up door put in the side. As per your "buy some" if 40 footers are a lot  cheaper per square foot than a 20.

I got company I work for to buy a 20 footer. I did notice it was very hot in the summer, and kind of dark at the far end. Was going to put lights in it. Got a visit from the fire department safety department. Municipal bylaw says they are to inspect every business once a year. The guy didn’t like the container, especially the empty plastic diesel fuel jugs. Gave me a three page handout  with what he said were “rules” for using containers for storage. No such rules exist, it was just suggestions. Boss read the paper and told me to ventilate it the way they wanted and no electricity.

so it now has a 12” x 12” opening with a grate at the bottom of the door that opens first and another at the top of the other end. Now it is not hot in the summer, no condensation and it is light enough during the day that lights are not necessary 

Municipal bylaw says they are to inspect every business once a year. The guy didn’t like the container, especially the empty plastic diesel fuel jugs. Gave me a three page handout  with what he said were “rules” for using containers for storage. No such rules exist, it was just suggestions. Boss read the paper and told me to ventilate it the way they wanted and no electricity.

in one of the nearby towns they had fireman dan  he would stall dirt work for months for a % of the job you could pass or do the repairs

on hotels he delayed into years $$$$  local "don" had understanding  outsiders not so much   early retirement /dead

4wheeldriver uses them to store his 9s/600/650s 

• Like 1