1932TracTractor

Finally got me a real truck

IMG_20190922_162729_01.thumb.jpg.0db2e9dd95fe93c34b24038149f9cb0f.jpgI've had lots of older vehicles. Trucks I've built, swapped, flipped etc..   always wanted a cornbinder though.  Found this one south of LA. Negotiated a time to make the trek and made a deal when I got there.  700 miles round trip to haul the beast home. It's a '70 1200D.  354, t-419, Dana 44 front, 60 rear.   I've been driving it most days to work and love it. 

IMG_20190921_062316.jpg

IMG_20190925_190735.jpg

IMG_1540_01.jpg

• Like 14

Oh my.. complete with service body! I want one!. What are the plans for it in the long run?

2 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Oh my.. complete with service body! I want one!. What are the plans for it in the long run?

Got if from the original owners son. It will be my work truck.  Already have my welder in the back and got all the material to build a rack.  All stainless.   Hoping to get some of the new slot mags from US wheel.   They're 17x10.  Thinking they'd look pretty cool and period correct

• Like 4

Nice ride. Really nice. Love the low side service bed.

• Like 1

That truck is immaculate .

Congratulations on what appears to be a great find.

Tony

I had a 1200D 131 WB 4x4 Bonus bed light blue metallic from  70 to 73.  V345 T419A1C   It came with 7.50-16 tires on split rims. Wanting more rubber on the ground, I went to 12-16.5 tires.  That truck took me all over the state of California in those years.

What engine does it have?  Either the line setting ticket will tell or you can find the size stamped on a machined surface below the front of the right side head,, something like V304, V345, or V392.

Very nice find!!!

My dad had a '74 yr  4x4 international 200 series 3/4 ton 345 4 speed never seen a truck that would go thru as much mud and snow as it did the fourwheel drive was bulletproof only thing negative was the body rusted out pretty fast and the tailgate was to light ro handle much abuse they used clutch cables to operate the clutch those would always break fast but it was a good running truck

On 11/2/2019 at 9:23 PM, oldscoutdiesel said:

What engine does it have?  Either the line setting ticket will tell or you can find the size stamped on a machined surface below the front of the right side head,, something like V304, V345, or V392.

It's got the 345 in it.  It's a fun truck to drive and I'm getting 13.5 mpg with it on the highway commute to work.  At 2500 rpm, it feels and sounds happy

9 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

My dad had a '74 yr  4x4 international 200 series 3/4 ton 345 4 speed never seen a truck that would go thru as much mud and snow as it did the fourwheel drive was bulletproof only thing negative was the body rusted out pretty fast and the tailgate was to light ro handle much abuse they used clutch cables to operate the clutch those would always break fast but it was a good running truck

That's really cool.  I hear ya about the body.  This one has been taken real good care of ad there's still 2 little rust spots below the windshield

That’s an awesome find!! Great looking truck!