Precision planting equipment

Just wondering if anyone on here has a planter equipped with precision planting parts, such as deltaforce hyd down pressure, clean sweep and vset2 electric seed meters. I have a 12 cih 1250 planter that I'm pondering putting pp stuff on. Mostly because of variable ground that I notill and the irregular plots that have a lot of overlap. The 1250 has hyd drive and air clutches, but 2 failed this year, they would shut off but not reengage until I got out and tapped on them. Just looking for good/ bad on this stuff, thanks Robert 

We stopped at the booth and asked what they have and offer for our 1200 . After hearing the price we figured it was more economical to trade it for a new one with more technology than we currently have. 

I did some earlage today for a guy that has precision meters and Delta force on his John Deere planter, the stand doesn't look any better than my 1200 with stock equipment, I wouldn't waste my money. The only thing I have seen that might be worth the money are the clean sweeps, just because it seems I am constantly adjusting row cleaners.

I would keep what you got if it was me, other than PP meters for planters of the green variety I could live without the rest.  Clean sweep is nice, but I prefer floating row cleaners here.  The older I get, KISS principles look better and better.  With the weather patterns these days, when you need to plant, you NEED to plant.  

We run PP meters, Esets, Airforce, and 20/20 on our Kinze. Next one will have Delta Force. 

9 hours ago, 1958560 said:

Just wondering if anyone on here has a planter equipped with precision planting parts, such as deltaforce hyd down pressure, clean sweep and vset2 electric seed meters. I have a 12 cih 1250 planter that I'm pondering putting pp stuff on. Mostly because of variable ground that I notill and the irregular plots that have a lot of overlap. The 1250 has hyd drive and air clutches, but 2 failed this year, they would shut off but not reengage until I got out and tapped on them. Just looking for good/ bad on this stuff, thanks Robert 

Your clutches need cleaned I have 1200 16-30 my clutches are 8 years old I carry a can of brake cleaner just split them rinse them out and good to go 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thesd5488 said:

Your clutches need cleaned I have 1200 16-30 my clutches are 8 years old I carry a can of brake cleaner just split them rinse them out and good to go 

Are they easy to open up? Caseih tech told me that parts tend to fly out, he said either lubricate and they work, or replace

11 hours ago, 1958560 said:

My brother just bought a 2150 this past spring and it is fully loaded with precision, it’s really nice!!! 

I run a 1250 with 20/20 monitor.  Only manually adjusted down force, I've had so many weigh pins go bad that I don't even have any plugged in anymore.  Zero desire for Delta Force here.  S don't think it makes me any more money than using a Pro 600, but it's way nicer for swath control, and we have Fieldview plus the PP yield monitor in the combine and it's so much easier to do your field mapping that way.

The stock ASM meters do a fine job, but someday when money allows I'd really love to switch to V Drives to clean up the toolbar and get rid of the hydraulic drives and chains and shafts and bearings and air clutches.  The air clutches are also a maintenance issue for me at times, particularly the ones around the wing wheels that spend a lot of time operating in the dust kicked up by those tires.