Sign in to follow this  
f12farmer

Install right side control valve support bracket on farmall 460

Advise or trick in setting in place right side control valve bracket on farmall 460 without damaging O ring where bracket attaches to frame?

You need to raise the parts above just a little bit by  loosening anything necessary .  If you have all the valves installed onto the bracket it will be a two man job or some yankee engineering due to the weight and position . 

Agree with you there.  My biggest problem now is lining up the 4 bolts, upper left bolt on  right side of tractor has started, but the other three are just a bit off, maybe toward the rear of tractor just a fraction of an inch.  Plan on finding a long punch narrow and strong enought to line up holes.

The last 560 I cut the heads of of two longer bolts and put them in. But I had all the top of the tractor off and was putting it together a piece at a time starting with that one and using alignment bolts to put the rest together. I did not completely tighten the bolts going downward until the stack was tightened up. If you are just replacing a few parts I agree with Pete a overhead crane is almost needed as the setup is real hard to handle and not get something out of place. In my case putting it back in pieces was going to happen as I replaced all of the o-rings between the parts. The steering wheel mount is a real bugger finding a balance point. Good luck.

I finally was able to get the bolts in place.  Both brackets, left and right have to be in line perfectly for threads of bolts to catch.  Took some time and "Yankee" engineering and help of wife to get bolts started.  Now will start today and hope for no leaks.