Sign in to follow this  
Takn4aFool

saw this Gold 1456 in IA

Wonder if its legit. Wasnt there some shady dude tryin to pass off a 1456 as like the last or close to the 1st one made? He got called out on it here. He was down in iowa somewhere. Not saying its this place or that tractor just wondering on its legitamacey.

Shady dude in IA is Chris Brunsvold. D&L had/has a lot of 1456 in late 129## and very early 13000s that were gold. I saw a few in person before they were restored. 

• Like 1

I've been to auctions where Brunsvold has bought tractors. He was the highest bidder . He puts them on the internet for sale and makes money at it. That's what a merchandising business does ... makes a margin.

33 minutes ago, Worth Co. farmer said:

I've been to auctions where Brunsvold has bought tractors. He was the highest bidder . He puts them on the internet for sale and makes money at it. That's what a merchandising business does ... makes a margin.

As long as its not misrepresented theres no issue. 

1 hour ago, Long Farms said:

Shady dude in IA is Chris Brunsvold. D&L had/has a lot of 1456 in late 129## and very early 13000s that were gold. I saw a few in person before they were restored. 

Cool. It looks good in piccys.

All I have to say is it is afflicted with my pet peeve- the alternator pulley shield is missing. And that’s all I have to say about that.

But wait, there’s more! The three point hitch center link is missing too.

But but wait wait there’s there’s more more!! The front end weight bracket is missing too. 

For that hat kind of asking money those type of details should be present. 

And if you really want to get nit-picky- the proper muffler is missing too. 

10 hours ago, Worth Co. farmer said:

Lmao try again, the guy is a crook, as for his business model he just went to jail for running such a upstanding business practice, know your facts...

Rick, and toolbox, precleaner screen, correct fender lights, oil psi sensor rubber covers, correct ether inj, hyd seat ride adj knob, correct pto handle, correct rear seat cover and chasis decals and list goes on and on. Decent 1456 gold demo just needs alot of fine tuning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SMiller said:

Lmao try again, the guy is a crook, as for his business model he just went to jail for running such a upstanding business practice, know your facts...

Did not know that.....good to know !

I made flying trip through Iowa with the flatbed last summer. Stayed off the interstate. I was amazed at the number of Big old IH dealerships and the number of old IH tractors sitting around almost every farmstead. Most all looked restored or near it. Some had for sale signs. I started writing them down then gave up. Iowa is a hotbed for IH!!!

26 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I made flying trip through Iowa with the flatbed last summer. Stayed off the interstate. I was amazed at the number of Big old IH dealerships and the number of old IH tractors sitting around almost every farmstead. Most all looked restored or near it. Some had for sale signs. I started writing them down then gave up. Iowa is a hotbed for IH!!!

IH used to pride themselves at being the largest selling tractor in Black Hawk County, Iowa.  Waterloo is in Black Hawk Cty.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Of course! We love the best equipment here in the Hawkeye state. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Learned at Red Power in Des Moines alot of new series were sent to IA especially Des Moines area. Lots of very low S/N 06-66s around there. I know IA is #1 for registered 1456s, not sure about 1206s but most of those 14s were brought in from out of state especially in eastern IA. This time of year is great time of year to drive though corn belt states. Im in the dark with same ole warn out garbage in the south. 

• Like 1

from the factory, shouldn't there there be red over spray on the exhaust manifold, what color should the back wheel rim clamp bolts/nuts  be, what keeps red paint off back axles, what color should the alternator be ? are the tractors run in/tested before painting ?

2 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Learned at Red Power in Des Moines alot of new series were sent to IA especially Des Moines area. Lots of very low S/N 06-66s around there. I know IA is #1 for registered 1456s, not sure about 1206s but most of those 14s were brought in from out of state especially in eastern IA. This time of year is great time of year to drive though corn belt states. Im in the dark with same ole warn out garbage in the south. 

This area is a hotbed for them too. The local dealer sold a buttload of large frame row crops in western wisconsin and eastern minnesota.

4 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Where are all the worn out 50-55-60 series Deeres down there?  I search craigslist every now and then, and it's like a tractor desert on there unless you want a little kubota.

On 10/12/2019 at 3:08 AM, Rick G. said:

All I have to say is it is afflicted with my pet peeve- the alternator pulley shield is missing. And that’s all I have to say about that.

But wait, there’s more! The three point hitch center link is missing too.

But but wait wait there’s there’s more more!! The front end weight bracket is missing too. 

For that hat kind of asking money those type of details should be present. 

And if you really want to get nit-picky- the proper muffler is missing too. 

I think NO row crop IH's from letter series on up looks complete without at least one set of rear weights on it.They always look like they have something missing and stand out like a sore thumb.

14 hours ago, Fred B said:

from the factory, shouldn't there there be red over spray on the exhaust manifold, what color should the back wheel rim clamp bolts/nuts  be, what keeps red paint off back axles, what color should the alternator be ? are the tractors run in/tested before painting ?

The whole exhaust manifold was painted red but it burns off fast once the tractor gets warmed up and under load.

The back rim clamp nuts and bolts should actually be cad plated, or at least today's cheap tin/zinc plating. The cast wheel centers hang on their own paint line to get painted, rims were painted by the supplier, and once the tires were mounted the rims were attached to the cast wheel and a couple minutes later were on the tractor.

Alternators were painted red in the big paint booth towards the end of the "Start" assembly line.  The rear axle bars were covered with large heavy cardboard tubes, they were the last thing put on the tractor before it went in the paint booth and were the first thing taken off. The batteries were the first thing installed after the tractor came out of the paint booth, the fuel tank installed and 3-4 gallons of fuel put in it,  the inspector jumped on the tractor and started it for the first time. He had a routine of tests of the transmission, clutch, brakes, hyd system, hitch, steering, and all the gauges & lights to run through. The tractor came off the start line right after that test and went thru more stationary tests and any repairs needed in the repair loop before starting down the finish assembly line.

This was the way things were done during the 86-series production. There may have been a few differences during the 56-series production years but most things were the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

so the whole tractor is painted pretty much completed including most ele wiring ,spark plugs, distributor, rubber hoses, radiator , minus hood, (sheet metal) lights, seat, rubber knobs, plastic fuel tank, battery, either injector, grill, muffler, grab handles 

most bolt on pieces, after paint booth would use plated bolts? how was steering whl, and black dash protected?  hyd couplers ? thanks, i can remember the smell of the manifold paint burning off dads new 706 LP.  i believe the LP valves, tank specs, and sn # tags were taped against the paint

20 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Where are all the worn out 50-55-60 series Deeres down there?  I search craigslist every now and then, and it's like a tractor desert on there unless you want a little kubota.

They are every where in TX being used still. Alot of IH 66-86 and JD 30 and larger 40 series were TERPd. 4440-55 still are well used tractors in TX.